MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...
CaSTable RabbitHole Replacements
by AussomeDays Posted 18th Nov 2014 at 11:54 AM - Updated 14th Dec 2015 at 7:44 PM by AussomeDays : Updated script
610 Thanks Thanks 322 Favourited
This is a featured upload! It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Update Dec 14, 2015
Be sure to delete yout scriptCache.package if you update
- removed over 500 blocks of duplicated and unnecessary code from the Main Assembly script...noobie me, lol (you may want to keep a copy of the old file just in case I managed to break something)
- added override for ITUN PushWoohooOnTrain_HoverTrainStation resource 0x5106B731FE496056 that removes the "future" world restriction so that woohoo interactions on the pie menu display correctly (with or without NRaas Woohooer) if used in a non-future world
- added code that should automatically restart those few animated clock hands when they bugger out
- changed GetModelNameForAnimation() string from "schoolrabbithole" to "cityhall" for Twinbrook and Town Life schools (allows all 3 doors to animate for an upcoming project)
- added a .package file that can be used to hide the default EA rabbithole thumbnails if you want your catalogue to be less cluttered -- NOTE: This will override the default OBJDs to make sure that the BuildBuyProductStatusFlags value is 60 (usually 61). Works for base game, expansions, stuff packs and "unmodified" store content. Place in Mods/Packages if you have no store content OR if you install store content using the launcher. If you have converted your store content to .package files, then place in Mods/Overrides instead. Can be removed by deleting the .package file.
These are the same RabbitHoles that were originally on the Simlogical site.
It is now possible to add more variety to your town. Whether you are a creator or just a player who occasionally builds within an existing neighbourhood, these customisable rabbitholes will allow you to have more colour options when designing your town. If you stopped using the pre-made shells because the colours just never fit in with everything else, then these CaSTable alternatives will hopefully provide a solution to those of us who do still use the rabbithole shells from time to time.
These rabbithole objects will NOT override the original game rabbitholes. However, they do rely on resources from those originals in order to function. Therefore, you will need to have the correct corresponding object from the base game / expansion pack / stuff pack / store item already installed in your game. These package files WILL NOT work by themselves!
Main RabbitHole Assembly Script **REQUIRED**
This is the bad boy responsible for assembling all of the parts into a complete unit. It will get updated whenever new rabbitholes are added to the mix, and you will need to re-download and replace the copy in your mods/packages folder if and when you add new rabbitholes from this project to your game. Don't forget to delete the scriptCache.package file from your Sims 3 directory when you update in order for any new script changes to take effect.
These rabbitholes can be used in any combination. After downloading a set, you can pick and choose whichever ones you want to use as long as you already have the appropriate originals. They all work independently of each other, and the Main RabbitHole Assembly script will assemble any and all. I started these at game version 1.63 and continued on after patching to 1.67, and everything appears to work fine.
Combo rabbits contain single varieties for each type in addition to the combo itself. This is to 'hopefully' help with opportunities that don't get along with the combos in case there's a building style you really want to use.
**HOW TO USE
- File Location: After downloading, unzip the .rar file and place the unzipped .package file into your Mods/Packages folder.
- Catalogue Location: Build Mode - Community Objects - Buildings (at the end) **Subways are in Buy Mode - Vehicles - Misc Transportation
- Usage: Simply place the rabbithole on a community lot as per usual. It may take a couple of seconds for the script to assemble the building if it has lots of parts, but once it's complete, it will behave as a single object that can be picked up, moved around, etc. They should look pretty much like the original when first placed.
- CaST: Simply click on the part of the building that you wish to recolour to bring up the create-a-style tool. You can switch to other parts of the building by clicking on them. You can also drag a colour from one part to another just like with any other object. Solid colours work best due to the way these are designed.
***UPDATE Oct 20, 2014
- RESOLVED - Should now assemble properly when saving/placing lot with rabbit(s) to/from library bin and when exporting world from CAW after using Edit-In-Game mode to place rabbit(s) on lot.
- RESOLVED - Recolours should now remain intact when using Edit-In-Game (CAW).
Inge & Peter for their wonderful / tools that have made this possible
A special Inge for her Tweaker -- she'll never know how much enjoyment I've gotten from this one
A few of the many others who have helped me stumble my way down the path of learning -- Ghost, Nona Mena, Darkitow, twallan, brappl, JunJayMdM, OmegaStarr, Bloom, sydserious, cmo and Wes Howe.
karilynmonroe2 for spotting the CAW & library bin issues that have now been resolved.
icarus_allsorts for helping me to better understand how a proxy works with object interactions.
annalise & her mom for bringing the recolour issue to my attention.
Need help with downloading or installing content? Click here!
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
|MainAssemblyScript.rar | Description: ***UPDATED Dec 14, 2015 *** REQUIRED for Rabbits to be fully assembled and function correctly (works for any combination of rabbitholes)||86.6 KB||4,928||14th Dec 2015|
|BASE Game (Sunset Valley) - ALL Rabbits.rar | Description: Total of 16 Rabbits||13.22 MB||4,514||18th Nov 2014|
|World Adventures (China Egypt) - ALL Rabbits.rar | Description: Total of 2 Rabbits||530.5 KB||2,611||18th Nov 2014|
|Ambitions (Twinbrook) - ALL Rabbits.rar | Description: Total of 12 Rabbits||10.66 MB||3,335||18th Nov 2014|
|Late Night (Bridgeport) - ALL Rabbits.rar | Description: Total of 11 Rabbits||14.02 MB||3,666||18th Nov 2014|
|Town Life (Misc) - ALL Rabbits.rar | Description: Total of 3 Rabbits||2.39 MB||2,494||18th Nov 2014|
|Pets (Appaloosa Plains) - ALL Rabbits.rar | Description: Total of 11 Rabbits||11.83 MB||3,352||18th Nov 2014|
|Showtime (Starlight Shores) - ALL Rabbits.rar | Description: Total of 9 Rabbits||15.54 MB||3,072||18th Nov 2014|
|Supernatural (Moonlight Falls) - ALL Rabbits.rar | Description: Total of 11 Rabbits||16.09 MB||3,646||18th Nov 2014|
|University (Campus) - ALL Rabbits.rar | Description: Total of 9 Rabbits||15.44 MB||3,085||18th Nov 2014|
|Island Paradise (Isla Paradiso) - ALL Rabbits.rar | Description: Total of 10 Rabbits||13.79 MB||3,011||18th Nov 2014|
|Sponsors (Promo) - ALL Rabbits.rar | Description: Total of 3 Rabbits||3.29 MB||1,725||18th Nov 2014|
|World (Riverview) - ALL Rabbits.rar | Description: Total of 7 Rabbits||4.39 MB||2,522||18th Nov 2014|
|World (BarnacleBay) - ALL Rabbits.rar | Description: Total of 1 Rabbit||2.12 MB||1,741||18th Nov 2014|
|World (HiddenSprings) - ALL Rabbits.rar | Description: Total of 1 Rabbit||669.6 KB||1,918||18th Nov 2014|
|World (Lunar Lakes) - ALL Rabbits.rar | Description: All Rabbits + Perigee + Extras for missing Rabbits *UPDATED 2/27/15 to get better colouring for back section (see new pic)||1.46 MB||2,058||27th Feb 2015|
|World (Lucky Palms) - ALL Rabbits.rar | Description: Total of 14 Rabbits||11.98 MB||2,024||18th Nov 2014|
|World (Sunlit Tides) - ALL Rabbits.rar | Description: Total of 15 Rabbits||12.03 MB||2,104||18th Nov 2014|
|World (Monte Vista) - ALL Rabbits.rar | Description: Total of 13 Rabbits||16.93 MB||2,332||18th Nov 2014|
|World (Aurora Skies) - ALL Rabbits.rar | Description: Total of 11 Rabbits||9.11 MB||2,094||18th Nov 2014|
|World (Dragon Valley) - ALL Rabbits.rar | Description: Total of 14 Rabbits||14.48 MB||2,208||18th Nov 2014|
|World (Midnight Hollow) - ALL Rabbits.rar | Description: Total of 13 Rabbits||14.79 MB||2,508||18th Nov 2014|
|World (Roaring Heights) - ALL Rabbits.rar | Description: Total of 16 Rabbits||17.07 MB||2,252||18th Nov 2014|
|World (Oasis Landing) - ALL Rabbits.rar | Description: Total of 9 Rabbits||9.73 MB||2,147||8th Dec 2014|
|Island Paradise (Isla Paradiso) - ALL Resort Rabbits.rar | Description: Total of 4 Resort Rabbits||4.38 MB||2,389||31st Dec 2014|
|Hide EA defaults - RABBITHOLES.rar | Description: *NEW* Dec 14, 2015 - Hides default thumbnails - only use if you no longer need to choose these from the catalogue||19.1 KB||836||14th Dec 2015|