Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th May 2020 at 6:46 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default can i modify the terrain/land of any Neighborhoods if yes how ?
hello

can i modify the terrain/land of any Neighborhoods if yes how ?

i want to adjust part of the terrain in pleasantview ? and if i can ad some land ?

thank you please for your response
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st May 2020 at 12:35 AM
You can raise and smooth the land with the terrain cheats.

modifyNeighborhoodTerrain [on/off]
Click and drag the cursor to highlight the desired area. Press [ or ] to raise or lower the terrain by one click, press \ to level the terrain, and press P to flatten terrain. When you're finished, type “modifyNeighborhoodTerrain off” in the cheat box (again, without the quotations).

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st May 2020 at 12:46 AM
ok thank you
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st May 2020 at 1:32 AM
@Needs Coffee only the button " ] " work the others one "[" doesn't do anything what can i do ?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 31st May 2020 at 2:21 AM
Do you have a regular keyboard or are you on a different country type? If its a non English one it may be different keys.

Also using my saying won't call me, you need my user name which is joandsarah77 Luckily I checked back anyway.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st May 2020 at 6:58 AM
whoops

and thank you for your response @joandsarah77 and i use a french keyboard
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 31st May 2020 at 7:27 AM
We have a French member who might know the keys. I can't think of her user name though. :/ Hopefull she sees this or you just experiment until you find the right keys.

Does the [ ] keys lower and raise wall hangings in your game? If its another key that does that, try that key/s instead.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#8 Old 1st Jun 2020 at 8:30 PM
probably not the french member Jo was referring to (there is quite a few of us here ), but i can answer the question: on a french keyboard you need to press ) to raise the terrain and ^ to lower it (same for shiftable wall decor)
just double checked in game because i always get confused with neighborhood terrain editing...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Jun 2020 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Monsieur_Oshima
probably not the french member Jo was referring to (there is quite a few of us here ), but i can answer the question: on a french keyboard you need to press ) to raise the terrain and ^ to lower it (same for shiftable wall decor)
just double checked in game because i always get confused with neighborhood terrain editing...

ok thanks
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 1st Jun 2020 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Monsieur_Oshima

No, not who I was thinking off, but that's good. I will have to try and remember, which given the French user name shouldn't be too hard...?

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#11 Old 2nd Jun 2020 at 8:01 PM
haha, i guess so
(I'd rather ditch the french part though, i go by oshima on other websites but here it happens to be already taken... guess I'm stuck with this weirdly formal username that confuses people into thinking that I'm a man. what was 18 yo me thinking)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Jun 2020 at 10:38 PM
ok thanks @Monsieur_Oshima everyone else it's worked