Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 8:53 PM
I've been able to use familyfunds regardless of where the family happens to be. The important thing is whether the family whose funds you're attempting to alter is the MOST RECENT household with that name. If not, the cheat won't work properly.

Quote: Originally posted by MimiSim
For example, if I want the Oaks family to only have 1000 simoleons, I would type:
familyFunds Oaks 1000
This works fine if the Oaks household is the ONLY one of that name in the hood. If there is a second, more recently created one (say the Oaks family had a grown-up son who'd moved out), the money will come off of THEM, not the one you want it to.

The other possibility for the cheat not working correctly (I learnt this by experience) is when a household name has a space in it eg "St. Julien". If I typed the cheat in as MimiSim describes, it won't work.
However, if you use quotation marks around the name i.e. familyfunds "St. Julien" 1000, the game reads the section inside the quotes as a single word, and the cheat works again.

Hope that helps

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 8:26 PM
holy cow..... 100 BABIES?!?!??!? THAT'S A LOOOOOOT! Lol, like, my whole neighborhood will be just one family lol.
Test Subject
#53 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 8:27 PM
oops i siad 2 lols that was probably not neccesary (<---can't spell that) but whatevs.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 10:20 PM
I plan on trying this one! But, I'll definitely be making a custom neighborhood, so I don't screw up a normal one! lol
Oh, I also have the Trips & Quads mod. is that okay? lol
Test Subject
#55 Old 26th May 2012 at 2:36 AM
Ok so I started a challenge BUT, I made it with a man its doing really well, I've had 70 babies so far and I don't want to start over, do I have to stop it though. I hope not..
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 4:31 AM
Hey guys! It's been a while since I checked in but I'm happy to see all the new updates. MimiSim I love your challenge, the kids are adorable! And mods are fine while I'd prefer to play without them.

How come Mario can smash through bricks, but he dies when he touches a freaking turtle..?
Test Subject
#57 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 8:43 PM
i am really tempted to do this O.o... but knowing me i probably wouldnt follow the rules XD.
i would probably cheat and get that chick a job in natural science, get her all the way to the top so she only has to work once a week, get 10k per day at the top, and she gets the cow plant. then she can kill off daddies (or her kids >:D) so she could live longer. they would all live and die in the house until around ten where i would give up and send them away at adulthood because elderhood just takes so long D: . or i would kill them off. i would keep aging on. i would let the kids age normally. she would have a maid because even the poorest of my families have maids because im so lazy that i cant even make my sims clean XD.
i started the legacy challenge. the only reason it is still going is because there arent a whole lot of rules XD.

but ill probably end up doing this following all the rules anyways. it seems like awesome practice for balancing moods, work, and school!
Top Secret Researcher
#58 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MimiSim
You have be in neighborhood view to get it to work. It won't work if you type it when you are in your sims' house.

While in neighborhood view, open the cheat window and type
familyFunds familyname amount

For example, if I want the Oaks family to only have 1000 simoleons, I would type:
familyFunds Oaks 1000

Also, the cheat only works if your family is in the sim bin. If they are already in a house,
you'll have to move them out to get it to work.

I hope this helps.
Not necessarily, I was playing around with some of my hobo simmies and i did familyfunds with them while I was in the lot with them and it worked just fine for me.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Test Subject
#59 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 9:43 PM
I think I'm going to give this a try. It ought to be quite interesting!
Test Subject
#60 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 3:54 AM
I'm on baby #2. Only problem is that I have the aging off cheat on, and the first child, Vanessa, is still a baby. How do I get her to grow up while still having the cheat on?
Test Subject
#61 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 5:15 AM
Turn aging off, then use either boolprop testingcheatsenabled true or you can download Sim Blender and age her up that way. I don't know if I'm allowed to post the link here, but google sim blender and it's the first link.
Test Subject
#62 Old 23rd Jun 2012 at 6:52 PM
I just turned aging on and gave her some Elixar when she got older. So far I'm on baby #4. I have used the maxmotives cheat a few times too many because it got kinda crazy when she had two toddlers and was pregnant. Also when I was on a community lot searching for guys.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 23rd Jun 2012 at 7:37 PM
adding link for mod
Monique has a great individual aging mod that is perfect for this challenge. You can use it to turn off the mom's aging and keep the childrens' aging on.

StrangeTownChick, that's good to know. I wasn't really sure because I don't use many cheats in my game.

Visit my simblr for sims 4 mods and more &
My simstagram =(^_^)=
Test Subject
#64 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 3:20 AM
money tree
Would acquiring one or multiple money trees be considered against the rules in this challenge?
Instructor
#65 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 2:50 PM
Haha! I love this. I'm tempted to do it but I don't think my computer's strong enough
Instructor
#66 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 10:22 PM
I could do this but I'll be using a lot of snapdragons that's for sure.
Test Subject
#67 Old 20th Aug 2012 at 7:14 PM
Default Here I go
I'm just about to start this, looks fun!
Test Subject
#68 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 10:54 PM
You could always make the mom a vampire, IF you had Nightlife. Vampires don't age, it's a little bit annoying to keep them out of the sun, though. I did something like this when I had a vampire sire as many kids as possible. I got to 237. Then my sims crashed, but I didn't have to reinstall! YYYYAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!
I lost the family, though.
Test Subject
#69 Old 31st Aug 2013 at 4:19 AM
I'm so glad I found this challenge, it's great :3. I started a blog with my progress, if anyone is interested (although I did modified rules a little to have more fun with it) http://yumesimming.blogspot.com/
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 16th Sep 2013 at 8:00 PM
@yumenegari- I read your modified rules and if I ever get around to play this challenge, I might play it similarly to yours. Good luck!
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 10:45 PM
sounds cool... i think i'll try it. but i'm sorta afraid my computer will like, die or explode or something wired. but, never know 'till you try!

Challenges:
- ISBI (Sylvarlotte)
- Wishacy: (Odette)
- Do It As You Go (Cas)
-Perfect Genetics (Alyssa)
Test Subject
#72 Old 7th Oct 2013 at 5:36 AM
I made something semi-like this but different called Baby Makers pls go check it out!!
Test Subject
#73 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 7:47 PM
So how do I get the md?
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 8:09 AM Last edited by loser : 10th Jul 2014 at 1:03 PM.
ACR and/or woohoo beds allowed?
or if you do the male option cheats to make summoning aliens happen more often?
or what about artificial insemination (with inteen or insiminator?)
Also do you have to make the kids go to school? What if you're playing concurrently with a BACC and you haven't unlocked the school or if you just want them around to help out or whatever?
And does it have to be a 5x5 lot? Can they use mods to take loans? Can they get jobs? What about that easel that paints paintings fast? Actually I think I have a universal mod that makes all easels paint paintings faster..
also what about child support? Plus my Sim accidentally became a Plantsim? Should I turn it back or go along with it?

You can call me jolly
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 1:59 AM
I do have a question, actually. How are we supposed to move out all the original sets of kids and stuff and produce 5+ more sets of 7 kids before the woman becomes an elder in order to achieve the good ole 50?

Call me Britt, an amateur ToTer
Page 3 of 4