Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#12901 Old Yesterday at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
A week ago somebody kicked my rubbish bin (trashcan) over. It's a big wheelie bin, and it wasn't windy, but I found it lying on its side. So I guess someone must have kicked or pushed it over.

Better figure out who you pissed off! Did you leave a puddle for them? Beat them in a game? Cheat on them with their sister? Watch them through the telescope? XD

At least you didn't get roaches. XD

Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
100 %. I suppose I could play with the parents in-between uni so that they age appropriately before the uni kids come home since they're different households then, but I don't. It's easier when they're all in the same household.

Reason I posted that btw is because I was thinking of ways of growing teens up fast since I need one to grow up well before his mother becomes an elder. I'll just use elixir of life on red aspiration, just gotta fulfill fears... (I know there's cheats and hacks but this is more fun.) I guess I can also just make the mother drink to gain days but I'm not one to usually give my sims longer lives.

I was puzzled because you said that you started with sims at the beginning of the adult stage and they would just be becoming elders as their kids hit adult, but that Uni messed that up. But when Uni sims graduate they start at the beginning of the adult stage and their parents are the same age as they would be had their kids skipped Uni.
Advertisement
Instructor
#12902 Old Yesterday at 4:27 PM
I need something motivating to get back into the game. I'm thisclose to uninstalling it, honestly. I guess after nearly 20 years, the tank is finally empty. I have done everything you could do with Sims 2 (expect CC making -- not interested) and now I don't even want to play anymore.

Last night, I did a quick asylum challenge. It was fun, but afterwards I was like, 'meh'.

I was thinking about using another video game as inspiration, but even thinking about building all those lots exhausts me. I can see myself doing all that work, just to abandon the game again.

Maybe, I need a long-extended break from everything named The Sims.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#12903 Old Yesterday at 4:48 PM
I wouldn't uninstall it or delete CC (there are people who post WCIFs looking for stuff they had ages ago that they deleted because they thought that they were finished with the game, but came back). But maybe you do need a break. Play something else; have fun. Maybe after a while you'll miss your sims and feel like playing again.
Theorist
#12904 Old Yesterday at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
Maybe, I need a long-extended break from everything named The Sims.
We all need a break from time to time from our favorite activities. Be it playing the game, playing with the kids, spending time with family, cooking, going to the gym every day, knitting, reading, you name it! Once it starts feeling like a chore, and you're able to step away from it without causing any trouble, do that! Try out different games or just search the web for some inspiration.

After the away-from-game vacation, you'll get back to it eventually. To some, that vacation lasts for a few hours. Some, weeks. And for some, the long-awaited return to the game will have happened sometime in the infinity. Surely, once you start feeling the need for that sweet ol' dopamine hit, you'll know it - and it's for the better to keep all the CC in place for that matter! And if you're having a hard time managing space on your hard drive - move the CC and your saved games to a USB or a CD if you still have the hardware to burn one, ditch it into a drawer and forget about it for the time being.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12905 Old Yesterday at 6:40 PM
I honestly feel I'll never get bored with The Sims. I find it such good life simulation, that I would feel it would be like getting bored with life. And, if and when I ever get bored with life, I think it will be time for the Grim Reaper to come and take me. I get so emotionally involved with the lives of many of my Sims, that they become almost real to me. It seems to me that the better I get to know a Sim, the more complex their character becomes. My imagination takes over where the game mechanics leave off, and I find I just can't help caring about them. I really do enjoy spending time with my Sims. I like to see them happy and enjoying their lives. I like to feel that I'm helping them to make the right choices for themselves, and to do it without messing up other Sims, because I like to think I care about the whole community, and not just one or two individuals in it. Where there is discord or conflict, I always try to bring resolution and reconciliation. Probably because I like to think of myself as a peacemaker. If I can't do much about the problems of the Real World, at least I can help to make my Sims' world a place of relative harmony. In that respect, I have to admit that my game is rather utopian. And I also have to admit that, as in other attempts at utopia, my Sims have quite a lot of sexual licence.

There is another thing that keeps my so involved in my game -- I fear I'm more than a bit in love with some of my Sims. I can be playing some Sims on a community lot in or around Veronaville, and I spot that Andrew has arrived on the lot, and my heart will quicken a little. I'll pause the game and make him controllable, to see what he's thinking. And I'll probably even speak to him: "Hi Andrew! What brings you here today? What are you doing today?" I won't keep him selectable, but I'll keep an eye on him, and intervene if I think he needs help. Because that's what friends are for.

Andrew is the most extreme case, but there are other Sims who will bring a spark of joy to my heart, just by appearing on the lot. Gloria (Andrew's mum) is certainly one, as his Julian (his long-term boyfriend, and now his husband). Other Sims who I will specially note are Jack Gill, Ravi Bertino, Mallory Mace, Jihoon LeTourneau, Ralph Enriquez and quite a few others. Ralph it should be noted is still a townie, but, as Jihoon LeTourneau's long term steady boyfriend, I still see him as one of my special friends.

So, maybe I'm suggesting that the best way to make your Sims game really indispensable to you, is to fall in love with one or more of your Sims. Though I fear that falling in love is probably something you can do to order; it just happened to me.

Of course you may say that it's not love, merely infatuation, and you could be right. But I have to say that Andrew has been a special friend of mine for well over eleven years now, and that does seem a long time for infatuation to last!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Top Secret Researcher
#12906 Old Yesterday at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
But when Uni sims graduate they start at the beginning of the adult stage and their parents are the same age as they would be had their kids skipped Uni.

Not if you play in rotations and go back to the main family during Uni time

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Top Secret Researcher
#12907 Old Yesterday at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I was puzzled because you said that you started with sims at the beginning of the adult stage and they would just be becoming elders as their kids hit adult, but that Uni messed that up. But when Uni sims graduate they start at the beginning of the adult stage and their parents are the same age as they would be had their kids skipped Uni.

You're puzzling me. I'm not sure we understand each other. If you don't send teens to uni, they will age those 14 days at home before becoming adults and the parents will age those 14 days as well, becoming elders at the same time as their firstborn becomes an adult. If you send teens to uni, for example right when they become teens, and only play them while they're at uni, when they graduate and you move them in to the parents' household again, the parents will be 14 days younger than they would've been had you skipped the uni part.

That's what I mean when I say uni messed up that perfect ratio, because you either have to choose between not going to uni, or playing the parents' household in addition to the uni household (which is just a waste of time in my playstyle). Or wait until the end of the Teen stage to send them to uni, but who waits that long to send teens to college anyway?
Mad Poster
#12908 Old Yesterday at 11:10 PM
I proved myself stupid again today-I'd downloaded a whole bunch of custom majors and a mod to change them in-game and was disappointed to find they don't work.

Reason? They have to be used in the proper Uni neighborhoods and they do not work in college from the neighborhood (Squinge's hack)

They're not recognized.

Sad.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Page 517 of 517