Mod The Sims
Page 10 of 15

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 3 (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=561)
-   -   Awesomemod or Twallan? (Any Twallan mod) (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=444198)

opiumgirl 12th Jan 2012 4:02 PM

I have never used awesomemod.
I do use Twallan's Matercontroller, register, customcareers, storyprogression and expanded version and maybe a few others I can't think of now.
My favourite world is Aspen Islands and it is a huge world, I find that is is a bit laggy after insalling story progression, but I am more than willing to put up with a little lag,
just so I can play with Twallan's mods. In fact I'll go so far as to say that I am unwilling to play without them.
Great work Twallan and thanks for making our games so much cooler

nwhittaker87 12th Jan 2012 8:58 PM

Speaking of Twallan's mods I was wondering if anyone could link me to it as I've tried googling it and searching the threads, but I haven't came across it so far. I've had great things about Twallan's mods so I tend to stick with that one over AwesomeMod.

twallan 12th Jan 2012 9:16 PM

The most up-to-date link can always be found in my signature.

nikkiforest99 13th Jan 2012 11:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
I think that when it comes to the incompatible core mods of AM and Twallan, it's just personal preference. Do you like clicking or do you like typing commands to get the job done? I've discovered that I prefer clicking in general for those commands you almost never use. I don't play with my Awesome manual at my side so if I have to use some command in a hurry, I have to switch out and search the manual. With Twallan's mods, I can just click on my sim and just start clicking around until I find what I need.

I can totally understand why people like typing in commands better. It's more efficient. The command destroyallhumans is much more fun an satisfying to type than clicking around on your sim looking for the nuke option. But overall, clicking works better for me.

I actually did have AM and Twallan's core mods running at the same time for a while. They did not instantly bork my game. What happened was much sadder. A day at a time, it slowly and gradually borked my game until I had to toss out the world because I couldn't figure out how to clean out the crap. Really weirdass stuff started happening. Like my sims would invite someone over, and they'd hop in the car and drive over to that sim's house instead. I had an architect and the game would decorate the house with MY money rather than the client's unless I went in and out of buydebug a few times. My sims couldn't do any romance because the romantic meter would keep resetting to "OK" after every interactions and could never get past flirty. I finally would get stuck in build/buy mode and couldn't go back into play mode without turning off my machine.

Twallan's core mods and AwesomeMod don't conflct. I use ErrorTrap and AM without anything being borked.

kewpie 14th Jan 2012 5:50 PM

Nikki - yeah I just realized that the borkness just came from EA. I removed AM and made a new game. The funky stuff was still there. I took out ALL the mods and the funky stuff was still there. Weirdly enough, when I put all the mods back, it mostly disappeared. Or maybe now I just know that I have to jiggle in and out of debug mode every now and then and I'm used to it.

This is good -- because there is stuff I really miss after taking out AM. I liked the hilarious hidden traits Pescado added. I had a mailman who would just randomly pass out and fall asleep in the yard now and then and some other sim who would constantly wet her pants for no good reason. I also love the added Kewian based information added to all items in buy mode.

There is one thing -- when I took out AM, the nightly lag I got used to vanished. It always happens around 1 - 3 AM and I think it's AM processing stuff.

hannahmh87 14th Jan 2012 8:56 PM

I have used Awesomemod but it wasn't for me. I didn't like the timer thing forcing you to update your game, even if there was no update. I didn't like the feel of the story progression, and I didn't want all the additional options and did find the configuration tool a pain.

I discovered Twallans mods and haven't really looked back. I prefer the way the work and to me anyway they are easier to customise to your liking.

I admire both Pescado and Twallan (and all modders) for the work that they do, they do a lot for the community when really they don't have to. They could stop tomorrow if they felt like it, so I am grateful that they continue

noxnoxnox 15th Jan 2012 8:43 AM

I feel that the depth and richness that Twallan mods add to my game make it impossible to turn back and play vanilla again. My respect for Twallan is not just for his programing talent but also for the rare devotion and commitment to our community, not only that he always make sure NRaas forum a friendly and supportive place, keep the entire massive mods suite up-to-date (even with a patch arrived right before his vacation), he also keep them fresh with totally new and unique features. Thank you, Twallan.

lipglosschaos 15th Jan 2012 3:43 PM

I've heard so much about Twallan's mods, but where can I find them? How many are there?

Mootilda 15th Jan 2012 3:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lipglosschaos
I've heard so much about Twallan's mods, but where can I find them? How many are there?
From only a couple of posts above this:
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
The most up-to-date link can always be found in my signature.

How many? You could always go to his website and count them.

lipglosschaos 15th Jan 2012 4:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
From only a couple of posts above this:

How many? You could always go to his website and count them.
Thanks for the help (: I was just wondering about a general ballpark- are there a lot or only a few main ones.

I did check them out, and they all look great, but I tend to be wary about big mods like this seeing as how I already have tons of CC in my game.

hannahmh87 15th Jan 2012 7:38 PM

Thanks for the help (: I was just wondering about a general ballpark- are there a lot or only a few main ones.

I did check them out, and they all look great, but I tend to be wary about big mods like this seeing as how I already have tons of CC in my game.

Mods like error trap, overwatch, mastercontroller, and register are very good at cleaning up bugs and errors and setting limits to NPCs (including animals) so they do generally improve performance if your game is lagging.

Srikandi 15th Jan 2012 10:22 PM

The great thing about Twallan's mod suite is that they are really NOT big, because they're independent of each other. SOme are even broken up into pieces, so you only have to install the bits you want.

Look at each one, figure out if you want THAT functionality, and if you do just install that.

To me that is one of the primary advantages of the Twallan suite -- you do NOT have to install a single "big mod". You can pick and choose. Awesomemod, on the other hand, IS big (although it is, as has been stated, configurable).

I admit that I started with just Master Controller, among Twallan's mods... but I've been adding them in gradually ever since, and now I'm up to a dozen or so Still, I don't use ALL of em, and you don't have to.

Also... there is no way twallan's mods are going to interfere with any CC, if by CC you are talking about CAS stuff and objects. So that's no excuse

hannahmh87 16th Jan 2012 5:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
I admit that I started with just Master Controller, among Twallan's mods... but I've been adding them in gradually ever since, and now I'm up to a dozen or so Still, I don't use ALL of em, and you don't have to.

I have been guilty of this as well. I started off with just story progression but slowly and surely I have been adding to them.

lewisb40 16th Jan 2012 7:54 PM

Neither AwesomeMod not Twallan's mod conflicts with CC. If you use sliders, these mods enhance them. Just use them properly and that mean reading the FAQs or creator notes. It is self explanatory. Now at MATY, there would require more reading and searching, but Twallan's mod discussions are under each mod thread. If you have a question, they are very helpful there.

kawaiipd 20th Jan 2012 5:56 PM

I think I'm gonna switch to Twallan.
I have a whole batch of save games (all but one which I only played before Awesomemod) that I think I lost because of Awesome mod and not playing a year. Installing the newest awesome mod didn't fix it.

So I've had to start over. It looks like Twallan's stuff can do some Awesome things.

Thnkr0917 22nd Jan 2012 10:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by ShortyBoo
I use AwesomeMod, Master Controller and Overwatch.

I really don't understand why people seem so intimidated by MATY. I'll be on other forums and see people saying how they're afraid to go there all the time. I personally love it. There's nothing wrong with making people search and at least attempt to solve their own problems. Plus, I love how they don't really tolerate bad spelling, grammar and punctuation. I'll go on other forums and see people using no capitalization or punctuation, bad spelling, etc. and it drives me nuts. The worst site for this is the official forum. I would think all the people there are in elementary school from the way they type. I really wish more forums would have rules against using chatspeak, or bad grammar/spelling in general.

If that was all they said (grammar/spelling), no one would mind. I never got as far as trying awesome mod because, as soon as I went to the forum to do the research, I was turned off by the comments. I'm not "afraid" of them, but I can get the same thing elsewhere without the BS.

Simsdestroyer 24th Jan 2012 8:29 AM

After reading this thread I decided to try Awesome mod out, and I like it...It depends really on what type of simmer you are, I'm still a Twallan fan, but the SP was way too much. My sims would always leave to do something else when a party was being held, or even at the club, I couldn't get a packed club with Twallan's SP, and I know my computer has a powerful enough CPU because without it, I get maybe 7-10 people at a club on a hot spot night, which is important to me right now, because I'm playing the band career (EA finally fixed it where we actually get gigs now). So I need my sims at my beck and call . What I really liked about Awesome mod was that I didn't get any route failure tantrums, and little annoyances (that I didn't even realize annoyed me) are removed. So it really depends on the type of simmer you are, if you actually get into the game play of it, then Awesome I think is the better mod. If you're a legacy player then Twallan's SP and his suite would be the better mods, because you can move your adult children out and Twallan's SP will take care of them. They'll get married without your interference, have children all of that. I mind it being a core mod , I noticed the game ran better with the core replacement. But....I really love CMAR's XCAS which I can run flawlessly with Twallan's MC, so it really bugged me when I went into styling a naked outfit for a sim that Awesome wouldn't let me do that...if he would change some of those annoyances like that, then I would stick with Awesome. But since his mod goes by his philosophy I'll have to stick with Twallan's mods, which are very good, but I like something that does everything in one whop....Maybe Pescado will change his mind about a few things

Orilon 24th Jan 2012 4:21 PM

I use Twallan's Story Progression, Woohooer, Over Watch, Master Controller and ErrorTrap. I never used Awesomemod and I really don't plan on trying it, based on my experience with Pescado's mods in Sims 2. Some worked like they were supposed to, some didn't, and some seemed to do the exact opposite of what they were supposed to do. From the way people describe Awesomemod, it sounds like it would kill the game, not just a couple of Sims if it didn't work like it was supposed to.

SimmerSinceTS1 28th Jan 2012 6:46 AM

Twallanware & Awesomeware Questions

I'm pretty neutral about both mods; it's just all up to the individual's preference. But I do have questions about each before I finally decide to deal with such mods. I didn't feel the need to create a thread for these questions, so I hope they are okay to ask, despite the title of this thread.

Twallanware:

Are the MasterController, MasterControllerCheats, Register, and Woohooer injection mods? I couldn't find anything at Twallan's site stating that they were, but I could've easily overlooked as well. I noticed some mods say that they are, but I was not sure if it meant anything. I even did a search and couldn't find such a question. They are the four Twallan mods that interest me the most. And if they aren't, does that mean that I can just delete them from my Mods folder as a way to uninstall them, and that the saved games would be fine?

Awesomeware:

Will using the "uninstall" feature through the cheat console still cause your saved games to have issues from time to time? I remember that my game wasn't the same anymore when I used to use AwesomeMod quite some time ago, but that was before I had learned that you weren't supposed to uninstall it by deleting it from your Mods folder. I thought I remember reading at MATY that your game is "stuck" with the effects of the mod once you install it (with no turning back), but this was so long ago. I haven't used any of these mods simply because of possible issues, but I really do want to start using them without risking my saved games.

MrsNervousSubject 28th Jan 2012 8:38 AM

Twallanware - It's recommended to use MC to "reset" everything before just deleting things from the mods folder so that your save won't muck up. I'm pretty sure they're ingection mods. But y'know, don't trust me, I can barely turn on my computer at times.

Awesomeware - No clue sorry. All I know is that uninstall uninstalls . I assume it does the same thing as MC's reset, but I could be wrong.

twallan 28th Jan 2012 8:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Woohooer injection mods?

From the Woohooer download page :
Quote:
This is an Interaction Injector mod. BEFORE uninstalling, you must ensure that no sim is performing any of the interactions added by this mod. Failure to do so will bounce the game on load-up.

The other mods you mentioned are not.

SimmerSinceTS1 29th Jan 2012 12:58 AM

Thank you, MrsNervousSubject.

Twallan, I apologize for having missed the statement for the Woohooer. I feel silly after having looked at the page for it a few times and not noticing that. Well, at least I don't have to do this process for the other ones I listed. Thank you as well!

beyoncefanny 3rd Feb 2012 3:37 PM

Does Twallan's StoryProgression randomly move out Sims which causes them to disappear (like EA's storyprogression)? I used to use Awesomemod so I could make sure my sims would not disappear and I want to make sure that SP does the same/something similar as Awesomemod before I use it .

Edit: Found my answer after a long dig trough the FAQ. For anyone else wondering:
"Note: Resident sims should never be rendered homeless by the mod. If that occurs, then it is an error and should be reported."

twallan 3rd Feb 2012 10:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by beyoncefanny
"Note: Resident sims should never be rendered homeless by the mod. If that occurs, then it is an error and should be reported."

Actually that quote is in regards to creation of homeless "townies", something that is never supposed to occur in my mod.

You were originally referring to Emigration, which is disabled in [Expanded StoryProgression] unless you explicitly enable it.

The section you are probably interested in is : http://nraas.wikispaces.com/StoryPr...tion#Emigration

itsamariokart 5th Feb 2012 9:43 PM

I use Twallan's mods Woohooer, Master Controller and Story Progression to be exact