Mod The Sims
Page 14 of 15

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 3 (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=561)
-   -   Awesomemod or Twallan? (Any Twallan mod) (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=444198)

twallan 20th Jul 2012 9:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
It's a shame service sims can't go through the bin in generation, but edit in CAS helps out with that.

That is functionality available in [Extra StoryProgression].

Annette19 21st Jul 2012 12:18 AM

I have to say a big thank you for the Register mod twallan. I had not looked at it until now as I really don't care who works the registers; but the control of strays feature is wonderful. Strays have been annoying me so much, some towns (Lunar Lakes) just shouldn't have wild animals running through them. Now I can go back and enjoy that world properly, thank you.

Howabominable 21st Jul 2012 12:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter
I use both Awesome and all of Twallan's mods (except for Dresser, because I can't stand having random body hair and beards showing up on various men in my towns). Recently I've run into problems and I'm probably going to have to remove Awesome for a while, which sucks. I love all the funny traits it creates, like slappable and ugly-butted. At this point, those traits are really the main reason I still use Awesome; almost everything else that I originally wanted Awesome for, I now manage with Twallan's mod.

I've never been able to find a non-core mod that just creates new traits, but if I did, I would use it.

You can turn off random body hair and beards. I turn those off as well as all of the extra accessories, and hats, so that people aren't walking around in santa hats and crap.

Amber Lokisdotter 21st Jul 2012 11:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Howabominable
You can turn off random body hair and beards. I turn those off as well as all of the extra accessories, and hats, so that people aren't walking around in santa hats and crap.

I know, but you have to turn it off individually for each neighborhood, new or not, and if you forget before you first run it, you often have townies and NPCs running around with that god-awful bushy beard before you realize it. I don't have any real use for the Dresser since I prefer not to have accessories on my Sims anyway, so I removed the mod and I don't worry about it.

coltraz 11th Aug 2012 3:41 PM

I love Twallan's Story Progression. I used it before, but found my game got too laggy. At first I didn't like how complicated it was to set up, but actually having all those tuning options is wonderful. Plus, my game used to crash constantly using AwesomeStory, and miraculously, this has stopped altogether and my game is stable once more. I don't blame AwesomeStory for the crashing - as I understand it, since AM's SP forces Sims to "physically" do things, a corrupt Sim could be being moved around and crashing the game. I'd rather Sims actually DO things, like with AwesomeStory, as opposed to me having to make-believe, like with TwallanStory, but between that and crashing, I'll take make-believe.

kewpie 11th Aug 2012 4:31 PM

Here is a quick question. Awesome Mod comes with a feature that purges the poop colored hair. I don't want to use AM anymore, but I don't want to use the hair. Is there anyone out there that knows what Pescado did to get rid of the poop hair, and can it be duplicated?

Don Babilon 12th Aug 2012 8:18 AM

Here is a quick question. Awesome Mod comes with a feature that purges the poop colored hair. I don't want to use AM anymore, but I don't want to use the hair. Is there anyone out there that knows what Pescado did to get rid of the poop hair, and can it be duplicated?
It's a separate mod, not part of Awesome. It's called nogreenhair.package. I can't find the link for it at the moment, however. Sorry.

J. M. Pescado 12th Aug 2012 9:35 AM

Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
a corrupt Sim could be being moved around and crashing the game. I'd rather Sims actually DO things, like with AwesomeStory, as opposed to me having to make-believe, like with TwallanStory, but between that and crashing, I'll take make-believe.
Honestly, if you have a corrupt sim, stuffing your fingers in your ears and pretending the problem doesn't exist is, in the long term, going to cause the corruption to spread. If it crashes, you know something's WRONG and can hunt it down and KILL IT WITH FIRE. If you just pretend nothing is wrong and bury the situation, it's going to get worse.

Sim mania 12th Aug 2012 9:49 AM

Kewpie here it is. I found it in this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=413252

Pescado posted it there and you'll have to scroll down a little.

coltraz 12th Aug 2012 10:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
Honestly, if you have a corrupt sim, stuffing your fingers in your ears and pretending the problem doesn't exist is, in the long term, going to cause the corruption to spread. If it crashes, you know something's WRONG and can hunt it down and KILL IT WITH FIRE. If you just pretend nothing is wrong and bury the situation, it's going to get worse.

Well, I nuked some Sims I thought might have been the issue, but honestly, I can't figure it out.

Don Babilon 12th Aug 2012 10:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
Well, I nuked some Sims I thought might have been the issue, but honestly, I can't figure it out.
Well, if it makes you feel better, I've got the same. So either ALL of my games (old or new, doesn't matter) have a corrupt Sim running around or it is something else.

kerryanne13 12th Aug 2012 11:42 AM

Not sure if I answered this before. AM has a tendancy to crash my game. It was the only mod on there so I have no idea why :/

I use Twallan's Story Progression, Master Controller, ErrorTrap, Over Watch, Woohooer, Decensor and Traveler. All of them work perfectly in my game and I couldn't do without any of them. Thank you Twallan!

kewpie 12th Aug 2012 12:07 PM

Sim Mania - THANK YOU!!! I hate that hair color so much!

BionixWV 12th Aug 2012 1:48 PM

I've always said AM & NRASS is to Sims 3 what the Insimenator was to Sims 2. It's kinda cool when you sit & think about the evolution of the CC along side the games.

asiacosma 29th Aug 2012 11:16 PM

I love both, AM and Twallan's collection and, like many posters here, cannot give up any one of them (and thankfully I don't need to). I play my game in many ways, legacy style and switching between households, use AM and Twallan's mods. I've never experienced any major or minor issues, whilst the functionality they add is great. When it comes to hidden aspects of AM, never really made me suffer :] I guess, I might have not noticed some add-ons since the last time I've played vanilla game was sometime in june 2009 but I like most of the tweaks (that I'm aware of :]). I've never experienced major neighbourhood lag/borkiness with AM (I played max 5-6 generations, but hey, it's still quite some time and borkiness could appear), though I don't use its story progression. I was hooked on Indie Stone from early on and somehow stayed faithful when it was resurrected and improved by Twallan Story Progression.

Other Twallan's mods I find extremely helpful are Overwatch, Master Controller (with Cheats add-on), Woohooer (just love when my sims "decide" whether they want to try for babies or have a real chance of getting knocked up); absolutely vouching for Relativity (particularly in Bridgeport, when it took my sims 1-2 hours only to get out of some of the high rise appartments...). I also juggle between different mods for different neighbourhoods, sometimes adding Register and Traveller and so on. I'm liking the sound of SP Extra and Expanded (for advanced genetics and handling publicly disgraced for celebrities) but I'm still at "reading FAQs" stage.

I guess I will repeat what others suggested, i.e. first read/research beforehand as much as you can, think what might be useful to you, then add. In this respect Twallan's mods are great since you can slowly add them, test new settings/tinker a bit, then add the some more (and sometimes rereading allows you to deal with some annoyances/add extra tweak when you actually need it, hence know what you're looking for). Now whenever I'm starting a new neighbourhood I go to settings and tweak them to my needs (e.g. no celebs - done; only few occults - done, no stupid lag inducing memories - done). I know for sure I wouldn't be playing my game if not for both guys.Great thanks!!

Meganne 23rd Sep 2012 8:01 AM

Excellent support: Unlike the MATY site, which not only has a poor search function, it also has a notoriously unhelpful fanbase (and proud of it) While I admire the "no hand holding" attitude, it goes a little too far. Like "Duh! Someone asked that exact same question three years ago and if you searched using keywords completely unrelated to your question, you'd find that someone answered it. And even though that answer is obsolete, the question was answered. So SUCK ON IT, LOSER! And then someone else would come in and yell at that poster for their poor use of commas. And then some one else would post a LOLcat doing a facepalm at the comma Nazi because they used too many exclamation points. Then half the thread would vanish because someone from TARDERDOME posted in the thread. A few posts later, someone gave you the right answer, but now it's in the Dome - where you'll never see it.

Anyway, on the nraas site, you can always find the answers and people are pretty patient. And it's all a matter of taste - but I like that I can get an answer fast because when my game suddenly starts exploding, my first instinct is to post "OMG WTF is HAPPENING!!!??!?" and I'm too freaked to carefully search out an older answer. I am also too spazzed to use correct capitalization or punctuation.

So yeah - I am too lazy to AwesomeMod my game. So I use Twallan's mods exclusively.

ROTFL. I must agree

Furthermore, reading the EA's forum, I noticed that Twallan's mods are often referenced. That does not seem to be happening for the Awesome Mod. Since I use both, I'm a bit concerned that, considering that lack of awareness and that the environment in MATY does not encourage people to use AM, we will end with fewer choices.

mimi250 18th Nov 2012 10:25 PM

I love Twallan's mods as well, but I've had a hard time with them. Since Pets I had experienced a lot of lags and freezes in my game.. At first I thought it was my graphic card which was the cause of these issues, as its performances tend to decrease with every new EP. But in the same period I had installed Pets, I had discovered SP's modules (expanded and extra), as well as careers, woohooher, register, consigner and so on.. So, during almost 1 year I played with lags and freezes which sometimes were a real pain.. It's been only a few weeks ago since I realized that SP (and above all SP modules) could be responsible of these issues...

Moreover, I had never set any options on these mods and a lot of them were enabled in my game. My inactive sims's inventories were full of items.. they even sold things and bought things at the consignement store and so on..the cycle managers were all set on "fast".. so many options that couldn't be managed by my computer..

So I think I'll use twallan's mods for basic needs only (neighbours and NPC having babies, jobs and so on...) because it's too painful using all of their options. Surely, it brings a lot of new interesting features but not a lot of computers can really handle them.

I don't trust awesomemod. I use a lot of other mods along with Twallan's mods and I sometimes read in topics that this mod or that one is not compatible with Awesomemod, which give me the feeling that this will likely cause crashs and other issues in my game.

MystAngel 18th Nov 2012 11:16 PM

Twallan mods. Couldn't live without them. My shortlist would look something like this:

1. Overwatch, Errortrap, Mastercontroller
2. Debug Enabler, Story Progression, Traveler, Woohooer
3. Career, Register.. and pretty much all the others.

I remember the first time I discovered Mastercontroller. Trust me, that was the moment I was seriously tempted to make one computer wiz sim named Twallan for my sims to worship. That's how happy I was. :p

jesusismyairbag 18th Nov 2012 11:31 PM

awesome mod is nothing to write home about. twallan all the say.

Sterling_Archer 19th Dec 2012 3:31 AM

Twallan mod's are way better for me and my game. I tried Awesomemod once and it crashed. The version of Awesomemod was also the newest one then

lilliandulcia 19th Dec 2012 4:31 AM

I finally decided to cut the cord and remove Awesomemod yesterday. I've had it since the day I got the Sims 3. I finally realized I used Twallan's features way more and that Awesomemod was preventing me from doing stuff that I wanted to do in my own game, without giving me the option to disable certain features.

So far there's been one or two things I've noticed isn't there that I miss (since I've had it since day one, I didn't realize these features were from Awesomemod) but they're not important enough to want to put Awesomemod back in my game. I like how I can customize everything in Twallan's mods. I'm not forced to play by someone else's rules. His site is also insanely helpful for trying to find certain aspects of the mods, and he's very courteous. One thing I really didn't like about Awesomemod, as many people have already mentioned, was how rude people seem to be when anyone asks questions about it. I don't see the point in acting so rudely toward someone who is just confused about something. I don't think it's a bad mod and it definitely served its purposes, but there are many mods out there (including Twallan's) that do what Awesomemod does but allows me to choose which parts I actually want in my game, so I don't feel there's a need to have it any longer.

jje1000 19th Dec 2012 4:41 AM

Was using NRaas StoryProgression so far, but this just happened:

- Load up town.
- StoryProgression Script Error: Active Career Push Scenario
- Everyone in town is dead except for my family; the end of the world has arrived early in the Sims :I

omegastarr82 19th Dec 2012 5:15 AM

Quote:
...when my game suddenly starts exploding, my first instinct is to post "OMG WTF is HAPPENING!!!??!?" and I'm too freaked to carefully search out an older answer. I am also too spazzed to use correct capitalization or punctuation...

And this is why the regulars at MATY are the way they are.

happycowlover 1st Jan 2013 5:39 PM

^If you let yourself get that grumpy and rude over a video game, you have a personal problem. And need to step away from the computer.

kewpie 2nd Jan 2013 2:24 AM

MANY other members of sites don't mind people asking questions when they need help as long as it's not rude and constant. I'd rather install something in my game that is for me to customize, easy to remove if I don't want it anymore, and I don't run the risk of being called a bloody stump of a festering douche bag's anus just for asking a question that someone asked 3 years earlier on page 49 of a 340 page thread.