Mod The Sims
Page 11 of 15

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 3 (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=561)
-   -   Awesomemod or Twallan? (Any Twallan mod) (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=444198)

Beezer 8th Feb 2012 3:02 PM

I use Twallan's mainly because I usually play legacy style so it fits my game best, and I'm a bit of a control freak so I like that I can really tweak everything.

I've thought about getting AM too since they are compatible but since I am fine with Twallan's I really don't want anything that will risk slowing my game up at all. When I had AM for a while it tended to cause some issues now and then with my game.

Either way dibs to both those guys for making EAs take over of the sims franchise a little less painful.

seraphime 9th Feb 2012 2:28 PM

I used AM for a long time and really loved it, but I got an error or issue and went searching for help on MATY and was basically accosted by the people there. I'm sure there are lots of people that post the question/issue I had but whats the point of using the search when searching brings you to just more "GTFO MORON" posts. Just not my thing, I guess I'm a nice person and didn't take to the atmosphere there.

I use Twallan's stuff now. Not because its better, there really is, in my opinion, no comparison aside from a few things that in the long run dont matter for my game play. Master Controller, WooHooer, Register, Overwatch, ErrorTrap. StoryProgression is what I use.

trapcat 15th Mar 2012 4:11 PM

I gave up on AM because much of the stuff it offers isn't even that useful to me. It supposedly enables "pedophilia" but young adults and teens are repelled by each other no matter how good their relationship is. The result was that my teen sims' steady relationship was instantly hostile as soon as one aged up before the other in the middle of a date. It was tragic. My real-life relationships with older or younger people don't turn to shit when one of us has a birthday.(not because of the birthday, but I have been dumped on my birthday a few times)

trapcat 15th Mar 2012 4:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by seraphime
I used AM for a long time and really loved it, but I got an error or issue and went searching for help on MATY and was basically accosted by the people there.

I can't even register on their forums because even the registration system is uncooperative and insulting, regardless of whatever username, email address, or password I try to register with.
Quote: Originally posted by MATY
Sorry, you are not allowed to register on this forum.Your details have not been accepted because you look like a spammer. TRY HARDER TO BE A BRAN MUFFIN!

Seriously? F*** you too!

wolfsbayne 15th Mar 2012 4:30 PM

Yeah, it was the attitude on the forums that has put me off using awesome mod. It seemed like every post I read, especially those asking for help, someone got insulted. It wasn't a pleasant place to be. Also, Twallen seems much faster at updating the mods and because they are separate it's easy to remove the one offending mod that is causing a problem rather than having to take the whole thing out.

noxnoxnox 15th Mar 2012 4:49 PM

I found this very entertaining entry about MATY on NRaaas wiki:
Quote:
More Awesome Than You
(developer note: There shall be no comments regarding how the MATY community represents itself on its forum. Thanks.)
Hosting site for the Awesome Core-Mod.
The original jumping off point for this suite of mods, as well as Buzzler's mods.
The forum's more confrontational approach to moderation makes the forum the realm of more advanced end-users
However Pescado is known for providing excellent support for their mod, provided you follow the rules and search before you speak.

I recommend every non-advanced end-users to read their FAQ before ever considering to post there, I were even warned over posting a bubbly thank you message in the forum. When I press the Thanks button, it's rigged with a sheeps baaah sound. Seriously, that's not a place to be friendly even if you want to be so.
http://wikka.moreawesomethanyou.com...me_Than_You_FAQ

tigger89 15th Mar 2012 5:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by trapcat
I gave up on AM because much of the stuff it offers isn't even that useful to me. It supposedly enables "pedophilia" but young adults and teens are repelled by each other no matter how good their relationship is. The result was that my teen sims' steady relationship was instantly hostile as soon as one aged up before the other in the middle of a date. It was tragic. My real-life relationships with older or younger people don't turn to shit when one of us has a birthday.(not because of the birthday, but I have been dumped on my birthday a few times)

Pedophilia is not teen/adult relationships, just like in RL(despite how some lawmakers seem to think...someone buy them a dictionary). It refers to sexually mature individuals being attracted to those who have yet to undergo puberty. I'm 99% sure the pedophilia is an enabling of adult-child flirt interactions, with scripted arrest and traits to effect other people's opinions of the perpetrator, introduced in sarcastic response to people who repeatedly asked for something(I think those asking for teen-adult woohoo, but I'm not sure, it was quite a while ago). I've never felt the need to enable it, so all I know is what I read on the forums around the time of the "feature's" release.
I know that Awesomemod contains an option to disable a core check against teen-teen woohoo, but it doesn't enable anything on its own. I'm not sure about adult-teen interactions, but I do know that awesomemod does not cause any inteenimator effects on its own. Whether or not it enables another mod to do so...I'm not sure.

lisfyre 15th Mar 2012 8:01 PM

I've never used mods in my game simply because if I need to use them then I shouldn't be playing them at all. I am primarily a builder & decorator and I do use a ton of 3rd party CC in my games because without them I definitely would have quit playing The Sims about a month after I started - almost did TBH and then I stumbled onto sites like MTS, The Exchange and TSR. That said, I want to thank Pescado and Twallan for creating mods and generously sharing them with the community. I may yet end up using your mods guys as we go further and further into the rabbithole with EA's great upcoming expansions for the game.

~~tips her hat to Pescado~~
~~tips her hat to Twallan~~

Srikandi 16th Mar 2012 2:35 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
I've never used mods in my game simply because if I need to use them then I shouldn't be playing them at all.

Hmm, not sure I follow the logic here Gameplay mods are good for the same reason as other types of CC... they improve what's there and add new stuff, except for game functionality and not just aesthetics. I couldn't play without em any more than you would want to play without CC

daciasil 16th Mar 2012 3:38 AM

My game would be unplayable without twallan's mods. They really make the game worth playing and fun! I have total control to create the stories I want to tell with my game (story progression/master controller/mover/etc), the assurance that my game won't get too laggy (overwatch/register) or become corrupt (errortrap), and I have fun with new gameplay options (woohooer/ kama simtra/ careers). Also, if my neighborhood has a problem I can try to solve it (various twallan error correcting mods) or salvage the sims of interest (porter). This is just to name a few of his amazingly useful mods! I really appreciate all his hard work and dedication and how much his mods bring to our games
Pescado's mods are also really useful, and awesome mod should be compatible with twallan's mods. They're both really amazing developers, and I'm grateful to them both.

nikkiforest99 16th Mar 2012 3:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by daciasil
My game would be unplayable without twallan's mods. They really make the game worth playing and fun! I have total control to create the stories I want to tell with my game (story progression/master controller/mover/etc), the assurance that my game won't get too laggy (overwatch/register) or become corrupt (errortrap), and I have fun with new gameplay options (woohooer/ kama simtra/ careers). Also, if my neighborhood has a problem I can try to solve it (various twallan error correcting mods) or salvage the sims of interest (porter). This is just to name a few of his amazingly useful mods! I really appreciate all his hard work and dedication and how much his mods bring to our games
Pescado's mods are also really useful, and awesome mod should be compatible with twallan's mods. They're both really amazing developers, and I'm grateful to them both.

They are. I use an array of Twallanware with AwesomeMod, and my game hasn't broke spectacularly.

calicoskies 16th Mar 2012 4:11 AM

I have Twallan mods and awesome mod. They compliment each other nicely and suit my style of playing.

justin1010 16th Mar 2012 5:27 AM

I used to use AM, but having to wait ages for it to be updated really turns me off from it, and only a few select members of the community know where the "test" version is anyway (don't even bother asking where it is on the forum). And recently it seems to be corrupting my saves resulting in crashes. This isn't to say AM is bad, as it has some really useful features and bug fixes, but I'd rather not deal with the headaches associated with it. So I've started relying more on Twallan's mods as I can pick and choose my options more easily. I don't use SP anymore due to the lag it creates (even on my gaming laptop), but MC is a must as well as Overwatch and a few others.

oddball 16th Mar 2012 7:33 AM

For so long I played my ancient 1.17 patch with just a few CC's (due to fear of patching). A little over a month ago I managed to get a hold of an equally ancient Master Controller mod which piqued my interest in mods in general. Then a few weeks ago, Shimrod101 advised me to patch as he said 1.17 is the worst, lol! Suffice to say, my interest in Twallan's mods and Shimrod's advice finally pushed me to update my game to 1.29 (still being cautious with anything later than that) and I have yet to regret it.

A slightly long-winded way of saying I use more than a dozen of Twallan's mods now, and I'm enjoying my game far more than when I didn't have them. And for that I'm very grateful. ^_^

fftamfan 16th Mar 2012 8:52 AM

Having difficulties loading twallans new page nraas.wikispaces.com, have tried firefox, IE, opera and chrome. Most browsers have said the site has redirect loop and never completes it. Ive checked the url on http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ and it says its up and running. Am at lost why i can't access the site anyone have ideas? was keen in getting the latest mods with current patch.

kampffenhoff 16th Mar 2012 9:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by fftamfan
Having difficulties loading twallans new page nraas.wikispaces.com, have tried firefox, IE, opera and chrome. Most browsers have said the site has redirect loop and never completes it. Ive checked the url on http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ and it says its up and running. Am at lost why i can't access the site anyone have ideas? was keen in getting the latest mods with current patch.

I can't get it either. However, tried this http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ and it worked on Firefox. While I'm here I must say that I tried Awesomemod and had a problem and couldn't get any help at all. I was just told to search moar and when I said I had searched as much as I had time for, having a lot of kids, someone said "are you a cow?" I gave up on it at that point and found twallans site, which is very helpful if you have trouble.

fftamfan 16th Mar 2012 9:22 AM

Its working now. Twallan must have been updating the site with the newest patch. Gosh all these patches popping up here and there its so annoying to keep up, am still sticking to 1.31 patch though.

Nemiga 16th Mar 2012 9:41 AM

I use twallan mods

Fyendiar 16th Mar 2012 6:33 PM

Twallan's mods all the way for me. Ultra fast updates and he stays friendly. Deserves and gets my respect because of his actions and attitude.

MATY I stay as far away from as I can. Sometimes my curiosity gets the better of me, but the complete and utter rudeness found there leaves me with a foul taste in my mouth.

So for me there is no competition and in my eyes Twallan is in an entirely different and better category.

aSimmersLife 18th Mar 2012 2:23 AM

I use Twallan's mods.

I love the fast updates when a new patch comes out, and the overall on-going support for the mods. Plus, the forums are great and you can submit a bug and/or ask a question without being made to feel like you're incompetent.

rorsdors 25th Mar 2012 3:40 PM

I love both mods and cant play the Sims with out them, but since I updated to the newest patch 1.33.2 they crash the game!!!! Or rather the new patch is doing what all new patches do, wreck my head!

twallan 26th Mar 2012 12:04 AM

rorsdors : You may want to bring up your crash issues over in the "Help" forum : http://www.modthesims.info/fd.php?f=551

You'll probably receive a faster response.

ViolettaVie 26th Mar 2012 9:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Awesomeware:

Will using the "uninstall" feature through the cheat console still cause your saved games to have issues from time to time? I remember that my game wasn't the same anymore when I used to use AwesomeMod quite some time ago, but that was before I had learned that you weren't supposed to uninstall it by deleting it from your Mods folder. I thought I remember reading at MATY that your game is "stuck" with the effects of the mod once you install it (with no turning back), but this was so long ago. I haven't used any of these mods simply because of possible issues, but I really do want to start using them without risking my saved games.

When you want to uninstall Awesome mod from your game, you have to type "uninstall" in the cheat box. It will cancel all Awesome mod action and pause your game. Don't unpause it. Save and then exit. You will then be able to play that save without Awesome.

kewpie 26th Mar 2012 10:31 PM

I have gone strictly to Twallan's mods. The only things I miss from AM are the ability to start a fresh game with a child or teen (no adult) and some of the major fixes Pescado made with the Ambitions professions.

I don't mind what people call the "rudeness" on MATY. It's never really bothered me. It DOES bother me when people tell me to SEARCH MOAR, when the search engine for the site totally sucks. I am a professional reference librarian and I have a lot of trouble finding stuff at times on the site. I am VERY good at searches and so if I have trouble, I feel sorry for the folk who don't have my background or experience. I have tested it, searching for things that I knew were there and the stuff wouldn't come up. If SEARCH MOAR means go through every single post one at a time and read it.. yuck. I'll search less.

twallan 27th Mar 2012 6:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
The only things I miss from AM are the ability to start a fresh game with a child or teen (no adult)

Can't help with the child portion, but you can create teen-only Library families using [MasterController Integration].