Mod The Sims
Page 1 of 4

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 3 (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=561)
-   -   Awesomemod or Twallan? (Any Twallan mod) (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=444198)

SpookyOkyBatGirl 1st Jun 2011 6:26 PM

Awesomemod or Twallan? (Any Twallan mod)

Which one do you use, and why? Like it better, features you want that you can't get with the other? Why would you recommend it?

I'm personally looking at which one I want, but I'm still back and forth on the two. So far, I'm still conflicted. You peoples?

btw, I hunted around but I'm still sure this isn't the place to post this. Ah well! The mods will eventually hunt this down and correct me if not. :p

metal_goat 1st Jun 2011 6:32 PM

Well, which Twallan mod? MC and Woohooer both work with Awesomemod.

HystericalParoxysm 1st Jun 2011 6:38 PM

Most of Twallan's mods work with Awesome just fine - you don't have to choose between them except for the (I think) one mod that's core of Twallan's.

I tend to have Awesome, Master Controller, Overwatch, and Decensor.

twallan 1st Jun 2011 6:58 PM

ErrorTrap (the Core-Mod HystericalParoxysm is referring to) is also compatible with Awesome.

Note that certain features in Woohooer have been known to outright crash Awesome, so it is not advisable to use the mod to circumvent Awesome's more "interesting" restrictions.

LVRugger 1st Jun 2011 7:54 PM

I use AM and Twallan's Woohooer, Master Controller, careers and shoeless. These (along with a few from Buzzler) are my MUST HAVE mods. The rest I can do without. I would use Twallan's story progression but for some reason my in-game clock always stops. Maybe I'll try again after I finally install Generations.

blueberrybruises 1st Jun 2011 7:56 PM

Well, I have Awesomemod, used that one exclusively for a while, but I also grabbed MasterController, Woohooer, and lately I've tried StoryProgression (on top of awesomemod, with awesome's story progression turned off.)
Awesome does what it says on the box.
Story Progression, honestly it gives my computer considerably more lag at certain times of day, like around 5 pm I think when many sims are being granted their work skill update. I can't remember if I turned it on, or if it defaults to it but Story Progression does have options to give you a lot of chatty pop-ups, about people buying vehicles, and gaining skills, relationships, and things like that. Of course, you can still turn all the popups off and I think what makes Twallan's mod great is that townies and un-played sims have more varied interactions you can see happening on community lots. Unfortunately for me, it is still noticeably laggier with all the chattiness of Twallan's mod turned off, just nothing to read while its hanging. I like MasterController for editing the Lifetime Want, and the Woohooer for the jealousy system.

So I think that StoryProgression is more suitable for smaller worlds, where you've taken a particular interest in making each of the families and are playing more of a legacy/evolving style and you're more invested in the neighbors as potential suitors.

In cluttered EA worlds where neighbors are but annoying bytebags and I am more into exploring or collecting or an ambitions career I prefer AwesomeMod story progression.

So I consider AwesomeMod to be indispensable, and Twallan's story progression to be a cool diversion that would be cooler if I had a beefier computer and more time and attention span for my own half-baked worlds.

Mootilda 1st Jun 2011 7:57 PM

The nice thing about Twallan's mods is that you can pick and choose the things that you want. Awesomemod is one monolithic mod and you don't have the option to turn off a lot of its features.

Badgermole 1st Jun 2011 8:06 PM

I have T's Master Controller and Story Progression.
I like them both, though all the pop ups from SP can be annoying sometimes. [but you can turn them off, I just like seeing what some of the sims around town are up to.]

Sorceress Supreme 1st Jun 2011 8:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
The nice thing about Twallan's mods is that you can pick and choose the things that you want. Awesomemod is one monolithic mod and you don't have the option to turn off a lot of its features.

But you still can pick and choose Awesome's features with confic file. I also like that fact that awesome fixes so many annoying bugs, which EA doesn't bother to fix. I have in my game Awesomemod, Twallan's story progression and Twallan's Overwatch.

Robodl95 1st Jun 2011 8:30 PM

I use Twallan's, there isn't very much that AM does that twallan's/other mods don't. AM can lead to some corrupted game files if not handled correctly.

writerchick 1st Jun 2011 9:32 PM

My big reason for having Awesome Mod in my game is that without it, several of my sliders will not work. Basically, the jaw ones just refuse to work unless Awesome is in place. But for the rest, it's Twallen's stuffs.

Mootilda 1st Jun 2011 10:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
But you still can pick and choose Awesome's features with confic file.
You can choose some of the features. However, many of the features are not configurable and you just have to accept them. Unfortunately, Pes and I disagree on which features are desirable. Some of the ones that I hate, he absolutely refuses to make optional.

SuicidiaParasidia 1st Jun 2011 10:21 PM

i can deal with a little bugginess, since most of the time they turn out to be harmless and amusing (like standing up while in a moving vehicle--i laugh at that one every time i see it)... but i prefer twallan's mods. i have his master controller, woohooer, story progression, porter, and debug enabler. all are wonderful devices that dont cause problems and make making adjustments to my 'hood easy as pie. or possibly cake. either way, its damned delicious.

awesome mod, i tried once. its just not that awesome.

Sorceress Supreme 1st Jun 2011 10:22 PM

You can choose some of the features. However, many of the features are not configurable and you just have to accept them. Unfortunately, Pes and I disagree on which features are desirable. Some of the ones that I hate, he absolutely refuses to make optional.

Hmm, that's true.

I would also love to use Twallan's Porter mod but the readme file doesn't state whether or not the family can keep all their collected and a achieved objects. Or how to actually use the clone option. I guess I have to do a bit more research still.

twallan 1st Jun 2011 10:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
I would also love to use Twallan's Porter mod but the readme file doesn't state whether or not the family can keep all their collected and a achieved objects.

Hmm... If only there was a place specifically built to ask the creator those types of questions.

(Note: This is not the place, by decree of the management)

SuicidiaParasidia 1st Jun 2011 10:39 PM

though, also, when i have an issue with one of twallan's mods, he doesnt tell me im a fool and/or ignore me. i think he gets that while it may seem obvious to him, other people just arent mod-savvy and it doesnt make any sense to be rude to them when they come to you for help.
the reason i mention it isnt to whine or put pescado down, but merely to point out that it does reflect on your willingness to use an object if when you have trouble with it, the manufacturer cant be bothered to help you figure it out. you could doodle around with it yourself and hope you fix it by yourself, but if youre anything like me, you know that only 1 of 2 things can happen that way: 1) a miraculous fix stumbled upon by pure luck, or 2) complete and utter computer breakdown. im talking blue screen of death, no way back, "fml" breakdown.

Sorceress Supreme 1st Jun 2011 11:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by twallan
Hmm... If only there was a place specifically built to ask the creator those types of questions.

(Note: This is not the place, by decree of the management)

I'm sorry if I sounded like I was asking for help. I wasn't. That's why I mentioned that I have to do more research. I try to be more clearer next time.

Micaela926 2nd Jun 2011 12:20 AM

I use Twallan's mods. In the past I have used both Twallan and AwesomeMod but AM started causing my game to crash to desktop. Reading here I am guessing it was the use of both AM and Twallan's Woohooer. I may give it a shot again when he get AM updated for Generations...

saeda 2nd Jun 2011 1:53 AM

I use Twallan's Story progression, careers, woohooer, overwatch, and master controller alongside Awesomemod with its story progression turned off.

shaaaii 2nd Jun 2011 2:09 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Badgermole
I have T's Master Controller and Story Progression.
I like them both, though all the pop ups from SP can be annoying sometimes. [but you can turn them off, I just like seeing what some of the sims around town are up to.]
I don't find the pop ups annoying, I really like knowing what's going on with the rest of the town

Stina1701-D 2nd Jun 2011 9:50 AM

I love the popups. I too like to know what is going on in my hood especially if someone is moving. Although I was NEVER going to touch a mod or cheat this time around I had to cave in because I wanted to play with story progression on. I use Twallan's SP and his MC.

I can not make any judgement on Awesome mod because I have never tried it. I did think about trying it but as I had used Twallans SP before and it was familiar to me I just went with that one. I'll probably add more mods as my gameplay progresses. I'll see.

HystericalParoxysm 2nd Jun 2011 10:14 AM

Twallan's Story Progression popups are customizable. I did find the default settings a little irksome, but changing it to "blood and friends" means you only hear about family and friends, and makes it a lot more manageable.

sandymdh 2nd Jun 2011 10:31 AM

Awesomemod alongside Mastercontroller, Careers & Woohooer. I am glad that the UK doesn't get Generations till tomorrow as hopefully most of the mods I have will be updated by the time I install it. I don't really appreciate what these mods do for my game until I try and play without them!
I'm not THAT computer savvy but have always learnt by trial and error with anything on MATY (or elsewhere) and still haven't managed to reach 'blue screen of death, no way back, "fml" breakdown'. To be honest though I'm a stubborn old goat and don't like asking questions and, granted, it may take some searching but there's always a clear guide on how to use any of the downloads on there. It doesn't put me off using it as most people that get criticised on there are those who just haven't made the effort to look. If Pescado has spent hours and hours updating AM, for example, I personally think anyone using it should be grateful enough to spend time learning how to use/install without him having to spend more of his valuable time answering inane questions. More complicated queries are usually answered helpfully.
The feature I miss the most when I don't have AM installed (which may seem such a small thing) is the progression of other town households while I am playing a particular family.

Don Babilon 2nd Jun 2011 10:31 AM

I use AwesomeMod and twallan's MasterController, Overwatch, ErrorTrap, Relativity and occasionally Porter.
Recently I tried to de-awesomise my game but whenever I go through everything I would miss I notice that there's no other mod to replace that, like balancing the Steel Bladder and Dirt Defiant LTR, Plant on any Lot, tweaks to the celebrity slander system, easy way to switch families (I assigned a mouse button to the ctrl-shift-click combination), several debug commands, less curfew restrictions for teens, SupremeCommander for collecting, no gender restrictions when playing with genetics in CAS, less pudding for game created NPCs etc. etc.
When it comes to story progression I am not entirely happy with any of them. Twallan's is too big for me (both resource and usage wise), and AM has some things that I really do not like (I'd really appreciate a no-immigration option, for example, or that Sims would not be forced into Ambitions self-employment when the system is still not able to advance them once they've entered). But they're still way better than what the default SP offers and unless the gods provide me with unexpected modding skills I guess I'll be forced to stick with one of them.

Charity 2nd Jun 2011 10:48 AM

I got a non abusive answer to a question on MATY once, but maybe that was a miracle. XD The forums definitely aren't user friendly.

I'm yet to put a mod in my game, although I've been poking around options. A lot of people say they use Twallan's mods and Awesomemod. I thought it was one or the other. I get that they are compatible and you can use them together, but I thought they did the same things in different ways so why would you need both of them?

metal_goat 2nd Jun 2011 11:17 AM

Well, Twallan has a lot of mods. I'm not sure how his story progression and AM's match up, but from what I've read all Twallan mods are compatible with AM.

ani_ 2nd Jun 2011 11:32 AM

I use awesome because I like how it does things in the background. for example I can have TS2 style ageing without having to have story progression on. I do also use twallan's mods, like the master controller, but I only put it in game when I need it, as I don't like how it adds a new interaction to everything, every lot, sim and object. Twallan's career mod is a must in my game. So many good self-employed careers, that EA didn't even think about + the part time jobs, I just love them. I use them for teens, dead end jobs and as a kind of substitute uni for my YA.

JackJess 2nd Jun 2011 2:18 PM

What yo talking about?! Awesomemod has it's own configuration tool here!

J. M. Pescado 2nd Jun 2011 2:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by babele44
(I'd really appreciate a no-immigration option, for example
AwesomeMod does not have immigration. The only time new sims are generated is when EAxis-code tries to generate them, and AwesomeMod tries to reduce this as muchas possible.

Quote: Originally posted by babele44
or that Sims would not be forced into Ambitions self-employment when the system is still not able to advance them once they've entered).
They actually CAN advance, but tend to do so poorly because advancement requires more focus than inactive sims typically are given. And they only take up self-employment when it is relevant to their LTW.

calisims 2nd Jun 2011 3:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JackJess

Not all the features are configurable. Some are not even documented.

Mootilda 2nd Jun 2011 4:05 PM

Right. And the fact that some things are configurable and some things are documented means that all things are configurable and all things are documented.

Pescado has made a lot of changes to make the game behave the way that he wants it to. You may not be aware of all of the changes, but there are many things which aren't configurable and never will be. Just do a code diff.

Don Babilon 2nd Jun 2011 4:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
AwesomeMod does not have immigration. The only time new sims are generated is when EAxis-code tries to generate them, and AwesomeMod tries to reduce this as muchas possible.
What I mean is an option to have homeless Sims remain homeless and that when the job system produces co-workers that these should remain homeless, too. In my first Bridgeport game AM had found homes for a bunch of homeless before they could be assigned roles and accordingly the engine had to spawn more Sims to fill the roles and my neighbourhood was filled with three-traited Sims.
The same with co-workers. In some careers it is unavoidable to meet co-workers due to chance-cards (office accident in journalism, surpise party in music etc.) and I can count the minutes until I get the message that some family had now found a home.
And due to memory leaks, I guess, I've had it more than once that a mixologist was "hijacked" by the find-home-routine while he was on his way to work.

Quote:
They actually CAN advance, but tend to do so poorly because advancement requires more focus than inactive sims typically are given. And they only take up self-employment when it is relevant to their LTW.
Hm, yes, I know, even though I don't think that the LTW to have a perfect garden or aquarium or to master the writing skill necessarily means that they want to become professional gardeners, anglers or writers.

DigiBlue 2nd Jun 2011 7:25 PM

I did exclusively use awesome, but I got tired of the "no baby beds means no babys" thing in Awesome story. So I've switched to Twallans story progression. Now I feel massively overwhelmed with all of the options to customize. But, on the other hand I would like to be able to customize Awesome story a little bit more.

I'm going to try using Twallan only for a while, just to see how it goes. (And I wasn't aware that most of the Twallan mods were compatible with awesome.. even the core mods!? Huh.)

askemagus 3rd Jun 2011 10:59 AM

Before Late Night I used Awesomemod, but kept having terrible gameplay problems (crashes, etc.) After seeing how other people were treated on the forums at MATY, I didn't even bother to ask them for help. After Late Night, I switched to using Twallan's mods only and couldn't be happier with how my game runs. I've never had to actually ask a question in the Nraas forums because I can usually find the answer by reading what others have asked and Twallan's prompt and polite replies.

Quality mods and polite, friendly help...That's how you get people to support your work.

aurica 3rd Jun 2011 11:33 AM

I had been using AM for quite a while until my game started having some problems. Crashes, terribad lags and very bad glitches, i don't think AM is not the cause of it though. Could have been bad CC. I have not patched my game from base till AMB. Didn't think it mattered since I didn't buy any of the EPs that time.

So I did a full uninstall and reinstall my base game and patch it up. D/L and install the latest version of AM at that time.. but for some strange reasons all my saved games were corrupted and i couldn't load them.

Did some experiments and uninstall/reinstall the game again. This time i didn't patch and used the old AM that I had been using all along. Viola, I could load the game again, for some strange reasons it seems like the saved game was stuck with AM or something. To salvage my work, I bin all my sims & upload them into the exchange as a back-up.

Then I removed AM, uninstall/reinstall my Sims 3 again. Patch it up and download all my custom sims into my hood to continue from where I left off using another SP mod that isn't as robust as AM.

IIRC, the modder eventually stopped working on the SP mod due to joining a games developing company. My memories are bit sketch but it was then I discovered that Twallen picked up the pieces were this modder left off. And ever since then I been using Twallen's NRAAS SP mod ever since. I found it much easier to use and easier to remove it if TS3 needs patching.

rian90 3rd Jun 2011 2:37 PM

I want a mod that is well documented so I know everything in it, one that is extremely modifiable so I can put things exactly where I want them on the fly, one that doesn't force me to play a certain way, one that is updated within days of a newly released pack, one where I can have questions answered...even stupid ones..without feeling stupid, and one that doesn't cause problems with my game if I uninstall the mod. That is why I use Twallan's mods.

I am really happy that all of us have a choice between two different mod-systems and can use whatever one makes us happier. For me, it is not about loyalty, but about what works better for me.

juansfalcin 3rd Jun 2011 6:11 PM

Twallan haz a retard-friendly interface for the tards like me and Awesome haz an simpler one, for smart peeps. But I use both because they're both great.

Srikandi 3rd Jun 2011 6:35 PM

Twallan and Pes have both worked together to make their mods as compatible as possible, and that's something I love about the Sims mod community You might expect more territoriality from such top notch modders. Even Pes is a nicer guy than he lets on

LittleLion 5th Jun 2011 1:10 AM

They're both awesome modders. I've used Awesomemod religiously for long enough now, mainly because of the story progression. I'm going to give Twallan's story progession a go this evening though and see whether I can work with it (one has become accustomed to how things work on awesome). That being said, I have used it in conjunction with Twallan's MC, debugenabler, relativity and careers.

In other words, both go well together. The decider for me is the story progression modules.

J. M. Pescado 5th Jun 2011 2:57 AM

The Twallanian and AwesomeMod story progression modules have entirely different goals. If you like a system that produces pretty stories of events that never happened, and the assurance that your game will remain mostly on its rails, use Twallanian Story. If you want a system that produces actual events that mostly actually happen in the game, and a system that you can manipulate and influence to produce long-term consequences you may or may not want, and absolutely no assurance that your actions won't run your town into the dirt, then use AwesomeMod's.

Either way, you can choose to use AwesomeMod for its other features and use Twallanian Story Module anyway: AwesomeMod will recognize when you installed the Twallanian story driver and let it take over. It comes down to whether you want pretty stories, or a game.

Mishy 8th Jun 2011 5:43 PM

i guess this is the place to be for my question, as i dont want to bother mr twallan with this..
how do you disable notification in the story progression mod?
i did a search with google but no solution so far.

kennyinbmore 8th Jun 2011 6:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Twallan and Pes have both worked together to make their mods as compatible as possible, and that's something I love about the Sims mod community You might expect more territoriality from such top notch modders. Even Pes is a nicer guy than he lets on

I think ya gotta just luv him for who he is and try not to take it personally. Granted I've never had to ask him a question so maybe that's why I find his responses hilarious

Drakron 8th Jun 2011 9:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
I think ya gotta just luv him for who he is and try not to take it personally. Granted I've never had to ask him a question so maybe that's why I find his responses hilarious

I have no problems with Pescado, I *do* have a problem with the whole prevalent attitude of the forum members over there but that is a different issue that should not be discussed here.

I stop using AM for a simple reason, I have NO IDEA if its updated or not as the last time it mention being updated was in 3 December 2010, I am NOT someone that goes around downloading files for the heck of it.

At least Twallan indicates if there is a new version or not, also there is no expiration tag on it that once lead to the (not really) hilarious situation of AM timer having run out on the available to download version, I understand why Pescado put it at first but at this point in time? no.

As said, its possible to run both AM and many of Twallan mods so there is not really a reason to pick one over the other besides personal preferences and experience.

qpldmff 9th Jun 2011 12:07 AM

I use Awesome, Master Controller, Woohooer (I haven't come across any conflicts with AM yet. Even if I eventually do, so be it. I don't mind starting over.), and Careers.

What I like about Awesome is that it's so much easier to figure out than Twallan's mods, which require more experimentation to get a hang of. I also couldn't live without it's feature of making switching households so much less of a hassle. (Pssst! Twallan! You should do the same with MC. Maybe you already have, in which case, how can I activate that option?) What I dislike about it is the assholery on its forum. I like how Twallan is so much more approachable.

calisims 9th Jun 2011 12:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by qpldmff
I also couldn't live without it's feature of making switching households so much less of a hassle. (Pssst! Twallan! You should do the same with MC. Maybe you already have, in which case, how can I activate that option?)

Click on a Sim or on a house you want to switch to. Choose Master Controller>Make Active. And you're switched.

Mishy 9th Jun 2011 1:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Mishy
i guess this is the place to be for my question, as i dont want to bother mr twallan with this..
how do you disable notification in the story progression mod?
i did a search with google but no solution so far.

Anyone?

simsample 9th Jun 2011 1:34 AM

Mishy, go bother Mr Twallan- we cannot offer support for his mods here, you need to ask the creator.

Mishy 9th Jun 2011 1:52 AM

ewwkey...i guess i will then.

CleoSombra 9th Jun 2011 2:04 AM

I use twallan's story progression because it does just what I need without much superfluity. I also have Master Controller, Register, and Woohooer, but I wouldn't have these things had I not taken the step toward story progression.

Also, twallan's posts are just nice to read. Maybe it's his smiley faces, I don't know. MATY intimidates me a bit, which is kind of funny because I can be one of them. xD

In my latest generation, I named my first son Twallan. He turned out to be clumsy (sorry, that was EA), genius, friendly, a computer whiz, and something else. He had this girlfriend in highschool and then about ten days after he become a YA, I sent him off to his own house. The next day, they were married. His parents immediately rolled the want for grand children, but they haven't come yet.

Fascinating.

I do, indeed, plan on creating a Pescado at some point.

Nalia 9th Jun 2011 8:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Drakron
I stop using AM for a simple reason, I have NO IDEA if its updated or not as the last time it mention being updated was in 3 December 2010, I am NOT someone that goes around downloading files for the heck of it.

No one at MATY downloads files for the heck of it. No matter what the date reads, there is always an ongoing thread about AwesomeMod where you can find all the info you seek in there. I think the problem with a lot of Simmers who creep out as soon as they hear "MATY" is that they are too lazy to search and read threads - and this is also the reason they get bullied by other forum members.

To the OP,
I have been using AwesomeMod since the day I bought TS3. Knowning Pescado's work from TS2 I wouldn't play the game without his mod. Later on, I found out Twallan's mods (thanks to Lunar Eclipse who mentioned his Woohooer) and I can say that Twallan has done an excellent work too. I use his Master Controller for some features, the Woohooer and Overwatch, and they are all great.

calisims 9th Jun 2011 1:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Nalia
No one at MATY downloads files for the heck of it. No matter what the date reads, there is always an ongoing thread about AwesomeMod where you can find all the info you seek in there. I think the problem with a lot of Simmers who creep out as soon as they hear "MATY" is that they are too lazy to search and read threads - and this is also the reason they get bullied by other forum members.

Well, sifting through a million posts that just say 'lurk moar!' and 'GTFO tard' trying to find useful information is a pain. When I was using awesome mod, I personally had no problems asking questions and posting on their forum, because I'm used to their culture.
But I stopped playing Sims for awhile, and when I came back, I just didn't want to read through pages and pages of MATY schoolyard crap trying to keep up with changes to the mod. And, no, not all the changes are listed on the download thread.
Add to that the undocumented and unconfigurable features of awesome mod, I just stopped using it and never looked back.

Access Denied 9th Jun 2011 6:06 PM

I have had both and if you want everyone to do what you want while you're not playing them you will want the Awesome mod. Twallan is what I ended up with. It is more flexable and more interesting situations happen--on their own. I'm very happy with my choice. You do have to mind your "p's and Q's" over at Maty. It is better to lurk and find your answer.

jcalispupo01 17th Jun 2011 5:15 AM

Agreed. I prefer Twallan's mods, simply because I don't want core mods in my games. Besides the fact that I find Twallan's mods more flexible, and the only thing that AM has that I love is that it fixes core-bugs, I can live with those left-out bugs, they are meaningless or fixable at best. Twallan + AM is the best combo, yet, the fact that if I remove AM my save games become corrupt = nty. I can control anything with Twallan, or not, and it, as well as AM, simulates and uses specific options that trigger specific events. Any of them or both will make the game immensely better. And if you don't mind core mods, then by all means get both.

Celebriton 17th Jun 2011 5:41 AM

Actually between Awesomemod and Twallan's mods is a hard decision. Both are great!

There are advantages and disadvantages between 2 great mods. I just hope they can work together.

Tasselcat 17th Jun 2011 5:53 AM

I use Twallan's mods for everything. The irrational hacker in me dislikes core mods like AM, and the lazy gamer in me likes the easy config options in Twallan's work, so it's win-win all around. Also, first-brand loyalty; Back when I was new to game modding in general, SuperComputer (predecessor of MasterController) sounded safe and useful, especially in comparison to Awesome, which IMO is more subjective and controlling.

jcalispupo01 17th Jun 2011 6:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Tasselcat
I use Twallan's mods for everything. The irrational hacker in me dislikes core mods like AM, and the lazy gamer in me likes the easy config options in Twallan's work, so it's win-win all around. Also, first-brand loyalty; Back when I was new to game modding in general, SuperComputer (predecessor of MasterController) sounded safe and useful, especially in comparison to Awesome, which IMO is more subjective and controlling.

Couldn't have said it better myself. +1

himawara106 17th Jun 2011 8:34 AM

Not to sound stupid - but which version of Awesomemod are you guys using? Because I have generations and the 1.22 patch and when I got to the AM thread at MATY there is an old version of the mod which doesn't indicate that it is compatible with generations.

I have used Twallans SP mod but the new one (I used the base and the expanded version) created a lag on my PC even though it has pretty good specs. I tried to track down lag issues and configured SP but it didn't help. I also got many script errors and so I decided to live without until a new update will fix this. I would like to use awesome, but as I said I haven't found a newer version. I searched the MATY forums and when someone asks questions that I also would like to be answered they are all ranting and bashing like little kids. I mean it's funny in some way and Pes comments are hilarious and entertaining but if you want just simple support you are on your own. That's the only downside for me when using awesome.

As for Twallans mods I have to say that they get more and more complex. He constantly adds new features which means that we have to update to the latest version quite often. And sometimes it happens, that I than have problems with the newer version. It's good that new features are added constantly but it would be good to provide more simple (older) mods too. And on the other hand it would be great if there was a mod that brings together all his mods, or a selection of them.

But either way, both Twallans and Pescados mods are a great addition to the game and it's great to have a variety we can choose from.

Diamonddrago 17th Jun 2011 1:26 PM

Twallan's mods & core are better, and is much easier to tweak and edit as well.

The awesome mod IS more powerful & quite functional, but frankly the author was raving mad when he did it.

jcalispupo01 17th Jun 2011 6:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by himawara106
Not to sound stupid - but which version of Awesomemod are you guys using? Because I have generations and the 1.22 patch and when I got to the AM thread at MATY there is an old version of the mod which doesn't indicate that it is compatible with generations.

I have used Twallans SP mod but the new one (I used the base and the expanded version) created a lag on my PC even though it has pretty good specs. I tried to track down lag issues and configured SP but it didn't help. I also got many script errors and so I decided to live without until a new update will fix this. I would like to use awesome, but as I said I haven't found a newer version. I searched the MATY forums and when someone asks questions that I also would like to be answered they are all ranting and bashing like little kids. I mean it's funny in some way and Pes comments are hilarious and entertaining but if you want just simple support you are on your own. That's the only downside for me when using awesome.

As for Twallans mods I have to say that they get more and more complex. He constantly adds new features which means that we have to update to the latest version quite often. And sometimes it happens, that I than have problems with the newer version. It's good that new features are added constantly but it would be good to provide more simple (older) mods too. And on the other hand it would be great if there was a mod that brings together all his mods, or a selection of them.

But either way, both Twallans and Pescados mods are a great addition to the game and it's great to have a variety we can choose from.

Pescado did already release a version of AM for generations. I don't use AM so i can't tell you which version.

The lag that you may encounter is because of the SP handling so many things of so many inactive sims at the same time. It is hard on your performance. I run the sims 3 with all graphic options set at max, and I get a bit of more lag with the mod. There's no way to keep it simpler, how much simpler do u want it to be lol? it's simple option/click.

AM's flaw isn't the forum, since the forums isn't part of AM's functionality, that would be a flaw in the AM's community instead(but you guys have to admit it is damn funny to read the forums over there). I haven't found any downside for neither, I mean any REAL downside (i've had crashes with AM and script errors with twallans sometimes), and the fact that AM is core-mod is a flaw for ME, since like they say, once you save with AM, you have to live with AM for the eternity. Hence why I prefer XML/Injector mods, I can reset and remove them and keep on going and not get any mod attached to my save file.

himawara106 17th Jun 2011 8:35 PM

@jcalispupo01: Actually I found today what was causing this extreme lag. I checked with Master Controller how many sims I have and I had 99 service stuff NPCs. So I deleted them all and installed the register mod to manually select sims from the world filling the roles. And now it works better again although I get some script errors when I play.

jcalispupo01 17th Jun 2011 9:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by himawara106
@jcalispupo01: Actually I found today what was causing this extreme lag. I checked with Master Controller how many sims I have and I had 99 service stuff NPCs. So I deleted them all and installed the register mod to manually select sims from the world filling the roles. And now it works better again although I get some script errors when I play.

Glad you corrected the errors. Script errors are usually the common bugs of EA, and if you use the core mod called ErrorTrap (excellent mod for correcting/avoiding bugs) you may get a lot depending on the mods you use, but you can disable being notified without any harm done. Because the tiniest of bugs will be reported, the difference with playing with and without these mods is, that you don't get the bugs reported in a file. You can just attach the scripterrors and report them to twallan if it concerns you and he'll tell you what's the error.

P.S: I personally almost never pay attention to them as long as my game runs smooth and with no weird bugs. It is good to report them though so that twallan can improve the following version.
And I said earlier I disliked core-mods, but the fact is, you can use ErrorTrap and remove it without any harm to your saved game, and it's only function is remove/trap bugs that might render your saved game unload able.

blueberrybruises 17th Jun 2011 11:04 PM

Well, I don't think I was quite fair when I first reviewed Twallan's mod. Had forgotten I just deleted my cache before that load-up, my game doesn't hang nearly as much now. That being said, I really like the story progression, and the expanded careers, and the personalities.
I really love the personalities and how my "Town Bully" teen is now a protégé of the "Town Thug." I do wonder if the "Town Robin" will could eventually even the cash of eveybody into obsolescence. What if you made a town and everyone had a default amount of money? Would robin just stay inactive?

I did take the woohooer out of my game at Twallan's suggestion that its incompatible with AM. I'm guessing it has to do with the consequences of adult+younger than young adult relationships that's enforced by AM.

jcalispupo01 17th Jun 2011 11:49 PM

Either way, you can choose to use AwesomeMod for its other features and use Twallanian Story Module anyway: AwesomeMod will recognize when you installed the Twallanian story driver and let it take over. It comes down to whether you want pretty stories, or a game.

...pretty stories or a game? Seriously? Both mods make the game 100x better, if u want a game, you'd want any of the two or both. And actually, your supposed "pretty stories", most of them DO happen, and the gossips and stories are based on actual actions that occur.

But you are right indeed, with AM you have no assurance that your actions will run the city down to dirt. Just try using AM and removing it, there you go, your actions caused ur city to be unloadable. /joking

P.S: Is it just me or did anyone else notice how that post was bashing Twallan SP?

lavav5 18th Jun 2011 12:37 AM

I prefer Twallan's mods. I first switched over to them and really enjoyed it but I wanted to try AM and see which one I preferred. AM actually broke my game a bit. It slowed down completely and became very choppy and plain painful to play. Removing it and re-installing Twallan's mod made my game a dream again. Never going back. AM is very powerful but I prefer the more "user friendly" Twallan mod's. I also really like the fact that I change my settings while playing.

severedsolo 18th Jun 2011 2:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by jcalispupo01
And actually, your supposed "pretty stories", most of them DO happen, and the gossips and stories are based on actual actions that occur.

P.S: Is it just me or did anyone else notice how that post was bashing Twallan SP?

I don't think Pescado was bashing Twallan story at all.. he was just stating that they have different goals. Twallan himself has said this, it's no secret, it's actually in his description of the SP mod. Albeit it was said a little sarcastically.. but this is Pescado we're talking about.

Also, Pescado is right. They are stories. The stories aren't based on actions that occur, the actions occur because after Nraas SP has generated the story, it pushes the Sim's involved to go and act it out.

jcalispupo01 18th Jun 2011 2:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by severedsolo
I don't think Pescado was bashing Twallan story at all.. he was just stating that they have different goals. Twallan himself has said this, it's no secret, it's actually in his description of the SP mod. Albeit it was said a little sarcastically.. but this is Pescado we're talking about.

Also, Pescado is right. They are stories. The stories aren't based on actions that occur, the actions occur because after Nraas SP has generated the story, it pushes the Sim's involved to go and act it out.

Therefore, if the sims act it out, they are not merely stories, they occur, only difference is, you get the notification before it happens. I rather have an entertaining game that generates cool stories that actually happen than something else. But I get ur point, they are not stories based on actions. However, a better choice of words would be that twallan's sp mod is for people who want a living interesting neighborhood.

Stating that one mod is for ppl who want a game and other for those who want pretty stories is pretty stupid, why? because both give you a more SOLID and ENTERTAINING game. And calisims already stated the rest.

P.S: Maybe Pescado meant something else, but whatever he meant, he chose the completely wrong words, and yes, we never forget its Pescado we are talking about

smardie 18th Jun 2011 4:27 AM

I think both mods are lovely.
I'd been using AwesomeMod up until recently, because it hasn't been working with the Generations patch, so in the meantime, I tried out Twallan's mod(s) yesterday, and I think it's great!! I'll probably be getting AwesomeMod again once it updates, but I think I'm going to be keeping some of Twallan's mods in my game.

Don Babilon 18th Jun 2011 7:37 AM

While it's a bit futile to make assumptions about what one user meant by saying what they said, you have to remember that the early versions of twallan's SP were really just "pretty stories". I.e. messages and notifications and an eventual re-writing of the set-up of the town. I don't know when twallan changed that to have those stories finally act out but what Pescado described is what twallan's SP initially was about. Basically, it used to be an enhanced version of EA's default story progression.
So, maybe Pescado just wasn't completely up-to-date in this case.

KittyCarey 18th Jun 2011 8:02 AM

For everyone who said you can't uninstall Awesomemod: you can. You type 'uninstall' in the cheat bar for whatever saves you want to keep BEFORE you remove it, and then you can continue them. Many of Twallan's mods require you to reset the entire town before you remove them, so it's hardly such a big difference.

For me, the story progression difference is for whether you want to play with lots of families in one save or just one (or maybe two or three). From what I've seen of it, Twallan's SP gives the other sims in the neighbourhood lots of interesting stories, but if a lot of the story-telling is being done by you, Awesomestory is better at letting the rest of the town be the 'boring, ordinary' people - and setting the other sims as 'chosen' makes them stay the same. At least, I find that.

I also like that Awesomemod is one thing that does everything I want it to, and I don't have to get lots of different mods and configure them, and I also find Awesomemod global configuration MUCH easier. That's not to say I don't use Twallan's mods - Relativity and Porter are great and very useful.

meowcatmeowkitty 18th Jun 2011 8:16 AM

I have Twallan's story progression and master controller, and frankly, I love them. They haven't caused any lag in my game, even though my computer isn't exactly the newest, fastest or with the best graphics card. I love how you can change how story progression treats the town, households or even separate sims. I love setting it to fast speeds and a lot of the time, I end up playing just to watch what's going on in the neighborhood. Master controller is great too, I love being able to change my sims if I want or use it to look up information on a sim's pregnancy. If your computer can take it, you should go for it.

I haven't tried Awesomemod as I'm fairly new to using mods and core mods scare me a little. When I first tried mods on ts2, they caused my game to crash and burn (Presumably due to my ignorance about mods and how they can conflict. I was pretty young at the time.) I'm glad I decided to go out on a limb to try mods for ts3, but I still nervous about core mods. Anyway, I'm not going to knock awesomemod until I try it.

anie_1981 18th Jun 2011 8:27 AM

When I had awesomemod, game had a lot of bugs and run very slow. Twallan's mods are much better. I have Master Controller, DebugEnabler, Story Progression, woohoower, Porter, overwatch.... I didn't see any bugs in may game, after installing those mods So I vote for Twallan.

secretsim 18th Jun 2011 2:34 PM

I was mod free up until Generations and now my game will not run AT ALL without ErrorTrap, Master Controller, and Overwatch. I don't know what these mods do to fix my game, but prior to installing all three at once, my game would freeze completely within 2 minutes of play time. So twallan, I have to thank you for saving my game.

I tried Story Progression but unfortunately I don't have the patience to take the time and learn/jigger the settings so I'm doing without for now. But I literally could not run my game without the above three mods.

a_az13_a 18th Jun 2011 2:49 PM

When I was still sort of new to modding and stuff, Awesomemod scared me. >.< MATY still scares me. But yeah, it was just the way people on the site were and the whole thing about how 'once you've installed it you can't delete it without it messing up your game' (not true, by the way). I used Twallan's SuperComputer and StoryProgression for a good year or so, then decided I wanted to try Awesomemod. I installed it, tried to start my game, and it crashed. I still to this day have no idea why. So I got rid of it, but then decided to try it again a few months later. It was okay, but I still much preferred Twallan's mods. I deleted it a few weeks ago when I was clearing out all my old mods, and can't see myself ever using it again. I think I'll stick to MasterController for now. And SP. And Careers. And Overwatch. And Woohooer. Yeah, you get the picture... >.<

J. M. Pescado 18th Jun 2011 3:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by KittyCarey
For everyone who said you can't uninstall Awesomemod: you can. You type 'uninstall' in the cheat bar for whatever saves you want to keep BEFORE you remove it, and then you can continue them. Many of Twallan's mods require you to reset the entire town before you remove them, so it's hardly such a big difference.
Yes, and the reason is the same: If you yank out a thing a sim is using, your save becomes unloadable. That's why the initial "don't uninstall carelessly" warning was issued, and an "uninstall" command added for that purpose.

HystericalParoxysm 18th Jun 2011 3:33 PM

JM, is there any proper documentation on Awesomemod's features and commands somewhere? Something other than a long discussion thread - more a manual? I know you don't tend to document but surely one or more of your minions has taken on the task.

JackJess 18th Jun 2011 4:00 PM

I do prefer AM, but I can only use Nraas at the moment due to the new patch.

jcalispupo01 18th Jun 2011 5:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by KittyCarey

For me, the story progression difference is for whether you want to play with lots of families in one save or just one (or maybe two or three). From what I've seen of it, Twallan's SP gives the other sims in the neighbourhood lots of interesting stories, but if a lot of the story-telling is being done by you, Awesomestory is better at letting the rest of the town be the 'boring, ordinary' people - and setting the other sims as 'chosen' makes them stay the same. At least, I find that.

I also like that Awesomemod is one thing that does everything I want it to, and I don't have to get lots of different mods and configure them, and I also find Awesomemod global configuration MUCH easier. That's not to say I don't use Twallan's mods - Relativity and Porter are great and very useful.

Good to know an Uninstall feature was added to AM, I'm really happy for it, maybe one of these days I combined Nraas with AM or use AM SP again, at least now I can use any of them without being attached or having to start over. Also, your description of the differences of the two SP is spot on. You are totally right and that is one of the reasons I prefered Nraas, because I don't like controlling the whole town, heck I barely like to control a family of 5 lol. I like the city to go on without me.

DHNightshadow 18th Jun 2011 6:24 PM

I do prefer AM, but I can only use Nraas at the moment due to the new patch.

I think, the new one is out on Maty. Look on the date when you download the file.

meowcatmeowkitty 18th Jun 2011 7:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DHNightshadow
I think, the new one is out on Maty. Look on the date when you download the file.

Yes, I tried out awesomemod today and have the newest patch. It's working perfectly, in my game at least.

As for my verdict on my experience with AM so far, I like a lot of the features it adds. I think it compliments the Twallan mods I have as opposed to making me feel the need to decide between the two.

skmt999 18th Jun 2011 9:53 PM

Eh? I find this to be a strange question. You mean I'm supposed to CHOOSE???

Both. Both is good. I always have AM running for basic functionality, and then pick and choose from the Twallan mods to give my games more 'spice'.

rosesforme17 19th Jun 2011 1:51 AM

I had used Awesome and twallan's mods together for quite some time. I love twallan's Story Progression, which makes the game more realistic and so much more enjoyable. I also use Master Controller, Overwatch, Woohooer, and Second Image. I used them in addition to Awesome until the most recent game update which Awesome was not compatible with yet. After a while I tried the test version of Awesome but noticed that my sims would basically do nothing. They wouldn't care for their needs even if they were well into the red zone. They just had no free will. Which is a problem for me since I like to sit back and watch what they will do on their own. So I have removed Awesome for now but I would like to use it as well since there are a couple features in Awesome that I just love. But for overall mod features and support, I would most definitely choose twallan's.

USNCaseySmith 19th Jun 2011 2:16 AM

The Twallanian and AwesomeMod story progression modules have entirely different goals. If you like a system that produces pretty stories of events that never happened, and the assurance that your game will remain mostly on its rails, use Twallanian Story. If you want a system that produces actual events that mostly actually happen in the game, and a system that you can manipulate and influence to produce long-term consequences you may or may not want, and absolutely no assurance that your actions won't run your town into the dirt, then use AwesomeMod's.

So are you saying that AM Sp causes SP based off of actual forced interactions of non active sims in the game where as Twallans just creates random SP that doesn't actually happen (just randomly decides Sim A and B will be in a a relationship and so on and so on)??

And if I used AM SP would I have to tone it down like I did Twallans?? Because I noticed with Twallans SP at first , weird weird things happened, the landgrabs split up and moved out of their house, the altos gave their mansion to their daughter and moved to this tiny house on the beach, Ursula the lonely fisherwoman married Simis Bachelor who she got to break up with his wife, and more crazy things, I toned it down but I've been soo busy building that I havent had enough time to play and check it out.

AM also has its own jealousy routine that stops the "Im halfway across the house but I know you just kissed our maid so I m going to slap you silly" thing too doesnt it?

jcalispupo01 19th Jun 2011 3:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by USNCaseySmith
So are you saying that AM Sp causes SP based off of actual forced interactions of non active sims in the game where as Twallans just creates random SP that doesn't actually happen (just randomly decides Sim A and B will be in a a relationship and so on and so on)??

And if I used AM SP would I have to tone it down like I did Twallans?? Because I noticed with Twallans SP at first , weird weird things happened, the landgrabs split up and moved out of their house, the altos gave their mansion to their daughter and moved to this tiny house on the beach, Ursula the lonely fisherwoman married Simis Bachelor who she got to break up with his wife, and more crazy things, I toned it down but I've been soo busy building that I havent had enough time to play and check it out.

AM also has its own jealousy routine that stops the "Im halfway across the house but I know you just kissed our maid so I m going to slap you silly" thing too doesnt it?

You are questioning the same thing i questioned. The difference between AM SP and twallan's SP is: AM gives you more control of the town, so if you like to make YOUR OWN story telling, AM SP will make your decisions influence the city, and inactive sims would be...um...boring(boring in the sense that, they are ordinary sims, they won't make up stories on their own) like someone else mentioned.

In your own terms, Sim A and B decide to have a relationship (due to traits, relationship, chances, etc), the twallan SP makes the story out of factors like the ones mentioned before, and then pushes the sims to do it.

Twallan's SP generates stories, but the thing is, twallan SP generates the storie and THEN pushes the sims involved to act them out. So mainly, if you want the city to run on its own, and do the story telling by itself and you just want to focus on one family instead of the whole town, you want twallan SP. If you want to technically control the fate of the whole city and be the one doing all the story telling, AM SP is for you.

anie_1981 19th Jun 2011 11:39 AM

Well I don't know, NRaas SP has a lot of options, and I must disagree, that it helps you if you want to play only one family. I have a family with six generations, they live in several homes, but I still have total control over them... They can't go to pee, without my agreement Thanks to NRaas SP. Maybe it would be easier to understand your point, if you used an example. I'm not English and sometimes I must use English to English translation.

amandasim75 19th Jun 2011 4:55 PM

yes you can.The awesome mod configuration tool here link: ------> http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/t...some/config.php

lewisb40 19th Jun 2011 5:02 PM

For me, Awesomemod had a lot of features that were set the way Pescado wanted it, you can't turn them off. I went to Twallan's mods for same reason, certain things I want more from the story progression, certain things I want less. That works out for me and made my game more enjoyable.

calisims 19th Jun 2011 6:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by amandasim75
yes you can.The awesome mod configuration tool here link: ------> http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/t...some/config.php

Yes, and has been pointed out in this thread, not all of the features of awesome mod are configurable. Some features are not even documented.

jcalispupo01 19th Jun 2011 6:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by anie_1981
Well I don't know, NRaas SP has a lot of options, and I must disagree, that it helps you if you want to play only one family. I have a family with six generations, they live in several homes, but I still have total control over them... They can't go to pee, without my agreement Thanks to NRaas SP. Maybe it would be easier to understand your point, if you used an example. I'm not English and sometimes I must use English to English translation.

I'm sorry, I didn't explain very well. The thing is, you HAVE the option to control more people, heck you can even turn off the stories and restrict actions to your liking. THe thing is, Twallan SP functionality is to give spice to the town, so that it can go and be interesting and living without you. So if you play only one family it helps you a lot, since the town will go on, progress or have troubles, and generate interesting stories and situations while you control one household. Also if you don't want to do story-telling or story-telling for the whole town, it also helps you. However you can STILL turn off any feature in Twallan SP and take control.

aurica 19th Jun 2011 11:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by jcalispupo01
I'm sorry, I didn't explain very well. The thing is, you HAVE the option to control more people, heck you can even turn off the stories and restrict actions to your liking. THe thing is, Twallan SP functionality is to give spice to the town, so that it can go and be interesting and living without you. So if you play only one family it helps you a lot, since the town will go on, progress or have troubles, and generate interesting stories and situations while you control one household. Also if you don't want to do story-telling or story-telling for the whole town, it also helps you. However you can STILL turn off any feature in Twallan SP and take control.

The only reason why I use SP is because I play multiple families, so I can freeze aging for the inactive custom families I play and turn on aging for the one I'm currently playing. Since both AM/Twallen SP lets me do that. I can't really tell the difference between the two.

It has been a long time since i touched AM but with Twallen I get notifications on what happens in the town. Whose fighting who and what not..

Are you saying that AM SP requires you to manage the town more while Twallen SP is more autopilot? I'm still trying to get a better grasp between the two and which is more suitable.

jcalispupo01 20th Jun 2011 12:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by aurica
The only reason why I use SP is because I play multiple families, so I can freeze aging for the inactive custom families I play and turn on aging for the one I'm currently playing. Since both AM/Twallen SP lets me do that. I can't really tell the difference between the two.

It has been a long time since i touched AM but with Twallen I get notifications on what happens in the town. Whose fighting who and what not..

Are you saying that AM SP requires you to manage the town more while Twallen SP is more autopilot? I'm still trying to get a better grasp between the two and which is more suitable.

No, AM SP doesn't require you to manage the whole town. AM SP makes the inactive sims "boring" in the sense that they won't make up stories and have that "spice" that twallan SP has. With Twallan SP fully activated, the town pretty much develops on its own, despite having the option of turning any option off(stories are made up and acted out based on several things, you know it kinda simulates a more life-like neighborhood) However, the uses for both SP are depending on the player, since with Twallan SP u can as well turn the whole city into a ghost town. I don't know if I'm making myself clear enough , but I hope you get what I mean.

In your case, you use them to freeze aging in custom families, therefore both SPs will satisfy that need.

Munchies 20th Jun 2011 1:29 AM

I have never tried awesome mod but I have Twallan's storey progression, story progression expanded add on, master controller, and overwatch. It has made my game SOOOOO much more fun! Remember to check out the site and read all the instructions and explanations on what each thing does, though, if you're a novice like me. It takes awhile to get used to the menus but it's SOOOOO worth it!!!

Simsdestroyer 20th Jun 2011 7:43 PM

I personally use only Twallan's and Cmar's mods PERIOD!!! I tried awesome mod it kept crashing my computer, the manual that came with it had alot of functions to make my game more personalized, but if you actually want to play the game the way EA intended it (if they knew how to fix there own game) than I think Twallan's mods are better. I saw what Pescado put down about "pretty stories", and Twallan's story progression does have a soap opera feel to it, but that's what I personally like!!! Also the woohooer is mandatory, it makes your game so more adult like and you're able to let your imagination run freely. MATY threads are horrendous, (not pescado himself) but his followers are true azzholes, I've been modding my game for about a year now, and most of what I learned is from MTS and NRAAS industies and the good modders of Crazytown. Alot of the questions that are asked on the MATY thread are not dumb at all, because when I google those same questions in regards to awesome, all you have is a thread bashing the question. SO what's the point of the whole search moar philosphy? I want to play the game not be consumed with time looking up a simple question, like where can I find the updated awesome mod. SO instead of going through all of that, I go to NRAAS industries, and get what I need and customize my game to my liking.....really very simple. Twallan makes his mods customizable to YOUR liking not his....which is awesome and very very nice of him. So that's why I remain loyal TO HIM, Oh and I love CMAR too she's really good when it comes to adding new features to cas, also making it customizable to YOUR liking..... so right now those are my FAVORITE modders (who cares right?? lol) but if you're new to modding then definitely go with Twallan's stuff, more user friendly and you get an abundant amount of help (like MTS) from his forum. That is all.......

Simsdestroyer 20th Jun 2011 7:59 PM

oh and on another note, Pescado is actually pretty funny the whole Pancake bunny thing is hilarious, it's mainly the people on his board who can become pretty ruthless, (and childish), which casts a bad light on him as a modder. He's very good, probably the best, and does alot for the sims community. But you need a powerful computer to run awesome mod, so if your computer sucks (like mine) than I think Twallan's is better. Story progression can cause some lag, but the you can turn off alot of it's functionality (like I do) and it will run decent. And as the above post said, you can also, control how fast you want it to fire out stories for inactives, so I love love love it, it gives me complete control on how I want my hood to advance. Now that is all......

Joshuaclay91 20th Jun 2011 8:21 PM

I cant play unless I have NRaas MC installed. It has all the features I want in a mod. After Night Life I added the Overwatch and wow what a difference in game performance! I also use his Decensor. I dont think I have ever thanked him so, thanks Twallan! You have made the Sims 3 more enjoyable than I or EA could ever have imagined. Your hard work is appreciated.

anie_1981 21st Jun 2011 2:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Joshuaclay91
I cant play unless I have NRaas MC installed. It has all the features I want in a mod. After Night Life I added the Overwatch and wow what a difference in game performance! I also use his Decensor. I dont think I have ever thanked him so, thanks Twallan! You have made the Sims 3 more enjoyable than I or EA could ever have imagined. Your hard work is appreciated.

I totally agree. Master Controller is so... so Brilliant!

Twallan thank you very much! You should get a prize or something or at least a beer.

bellenoire2005 23rd Jun 2011 5:34 PM

I use Awesomemod, Master Controller, Overwatch, and the Woohooer. I personally like the no-nonsense way things are handled over at MATY, and honestly, I have never received a rude answer from Pescado himself -- only from his minions, which IMO try too hard. I miss the Supreme Commander from Awesomemod when I don't have it; I love to use it when I am in Egypt and looking for Tiberium. Twallan's mods are really good for tweaking individual aspects of the game; AM is more of a "big picture" kind of mod.

lewisb40 23rd Jun 2011 6:23 PM

I am a search more type person. I like reading up on how to find problems and fix them, helps me to learn how to identify problems on my own. I use the heck out of MATY for that. I have only asked a question when I didn't understand a step to get from point A to B, never had a rude answer from them, or Pescado. Yeah, they can be rude at MATY, but the butthurt replies are hilarious to me. Why do people take what is said so seriously? It's the internet.

SimsLover50 23rd Jun 2011 8:46 PM

I don't use either mod. I tend not to use mods that can enable teen+adult mature content, even if by default it is not enabled.

ShortyBoo 23rd Jun 2011 11:37 PM

I use AwesomeMod, Master Controller and Overwatch.

I really don't understand why people seem so intimidated by MATY. I'll be on other forums and see people saying how they're afraid to go there all the time. I personally love it. There's nothing wrong with making people search and at least attempt to solve their own problems. Plus, I love how they don't really tolerate bad spelling, grammar and punctuation. I'll go on other forums and see people using no capitalization or punctuation, bad spelling, etc. and it drives me nuts. The worst site for this is the official forum. I would think all the people there are in elementary school from the way they type. I really wish more forums would have rules against using chatspeak, or bad grammar/spelling in general.

captmartian 23rd Jun 2011 11:59 PM

I stopped using AwesomeMod when asking Lil Bing's sign got my sim arrested, fired, and blacklisted from several careers.