Mod The Sims
Page 13 of 15

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 3 (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=561)
-   -   Awesomemod or Twallan? (Any Twallan mod) (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=444198)

MadeleineArneau 14th Jul 2012 2:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by hannahmh87
I know Twallans mods (I also think awesomemod also has the option but I am not certain) of allowing story progression but disabling sims from moving homes and also moving into/ out of the neighbourhood.

Was a fan of Twallan's Master Controller but since I upgraded to 1.36 (the MC Cheats is the problem), I've discovered significant video rendering lag and I do mean, significant - about 5-10 seconds with some rabbit holes and my active house, which should be cached comfortably and worked fine prior to adding the new MC Cheats to test (I previously used 1.19 - 1.26 of the MC and loved it which did not have the cheats separated).

Without the Twallan Master Controller Cheat add-on installed, all is fine - everything renders mondo fast (I have a Class A, 2 GB on-board video card, dedicated at the BIOS so I don't even use the on-board crap Intel card -- before anyone suggests the standard, "It's must be your video card" response).

The main issue I'm grappling with is I used the MC for tweaking traits, etc. so I will be researching JM's AM in more detail - having used some of his stuff in S2 to find an alternative solution.

The MC still works fine but it's pared down too much to just the most basic tweaks now. I am still using it and a few others like Relativity, Dresser and Decensor but I can't stand the lag to keep the Cheats add-on.

Discouraged.

eskie227 14th Jul 2012 4:58 PM

Odd about your experience with MC cheats. I'm using it, along with a bunch of other Twallan mods, updated to 1.36, and have no rendering issues. No problems from the 1.36 update at all for me.

hannahmh87 14th Jul 2012 6:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Odd about your experience with MC cheats. I'm using it, along with a bunch of other Twallan mods, updated to 1.36, and have no rendering issues. No problems from the 1.36 update at all for me.

Same here, I use loads of his mods and have experienced no problems.

MadeleineArneau 14th Jul 2012 10:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by hannahmh87
Same here, I use loads of his mods and have experienced no problems.

What type of CC are you all running? For example, I've used some of Peggy's hair in the past and found it to be extremely problematic. Consequently, I don't use it anymore. I do interior designs/level design work in S3 so I have a lot of high-end CC and it's been my experience that the creators do not often get along - what I've come across is many a conflict, etc. that are usually the cause of problems in the system at some point.

Can either of you confirm how much CC you have loading and what types you're using beside scripting mods w/Twallan's mod?

For me, I have all of Johna's sliders, a few tweaks (more traits available) and a no intro along with the MC, etc. in my recent testing. RE: the CC, that's about 7 GB at last count because I just retired my Sims 2 system permanently and so am in the process of rebuilding my inventory.

I have no doubt that there is a conflict somewhere and in my testing, I decided to pull all of XM Sims and Newsea's hair out of the system (wasn't even using the CC on any sims so it should not have been a poly count issue as I only have less than 10 people w/story progression off). However, I did find suspicious behavior with both the above. There is a possibility that one or the other kluged the MC or vice-versa - not sure on that aspect yet but am in the process of reloading a fresh backup of Win 64 to refresh the S3 app.

Then, I will retest with no other mods to really dial down as to cause of the problem.

Will report back and am interested in your comments on CC vs. mods and which suspects we're talking about.

shadedgrey63 14th Jul 2012 11:05 PM

Same for me. Of course, I only use MC + Cheats, Overwatch, and ErrorTrap. I use no other mods or CC. To check out the patch, I played with and without them. There was no difference in gameplay.

MadeleineArneau 15th Jul 2012 12:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by shadedgrey63
Same for me. Of course, I only use MC + Cheats, Overwatch, and ErrorTrap. I use no other mods or CC. To check out the patch, I played with and without them. There was no difference in gameplay.

Thanks for the reply, it confirms at least on one account that on a no-CC system, Twallan's mods are fine. Not surprising to me that I've got an issue considering the CC I run. Still interested to see, if this is the case for the other two posters who've had no problem w/MC/Cheats and 1.36.

Just about to finish installing Showtime and then an Acronis partition backup because I'd rather pull teeth than install yet one more F'n time (harkening back to the S2 days of oh, another day, another re-install). I was testing this base/EP/SP install w/the 1.36 patch so this gives me a good breaking point to snapshot it for future run-ins.

Will report back.

BTW, to add, I have all EPs/SPs up to Showtime and also have tested Katy Perry's crap, which promptly got uninstalled. That is the worst SP I've ever seen in my life and I'm not one to usually bash EA but good God, it looked like a Cotton Candy Vomitorium.

Sim mania 15th Jul 2012 12:35 AM

Quote: Originally posted by MadeleineArneau
Thanks for the reply, it confirms at least on one account that on a no-CC system, Twallan's mods are fine. Not surprising to me that I've got an issue considering the CC I run. Still interested to see, if this is the case for the other two posters who've had no problem w/MC/Cheats and 1.36.

Just about to finish installing Showtime and then an Acronis partition backup because I'd rather pull teeth than install yet one more F'n time (harkening back to the S2 days of oh, another day, another re-install). I was testing this base/EP/SP install w/the 1.36 patch so this gives me a good breaking point to snapshot it for future run-ins.

Will report back.

BTW, to add, I have all EPs/SPs up to Showtime and also have tested Katy Perry's crap, which promptly got uninstalled. That is the worst SP I've ever seen in my life and I'm not one to usually bash EA but good God, it looked like a Cotton Candy Vomitorium.

Well, your case is strange. I use MC with all its modules along with many other Twallans' mods. I also use Buzz mods, some hair and clothes (Store and CC), some build buy items and some other mods. Right now my mod folder is 1,65 GB and I have no issue in game. Maybe you have a conflicting mod or CC

eskie227 15th Jul 2012 2:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Sim mania
Well, your case is strange. I use MC with all its modules along with many other Twallans' mods. I also use Buzz mods, some hair and clothes (Store and CC), some build buy items and some other mods. Right now my mod folder is 1,65 GB and I have no issue in game. Maybe you have a conflicting mod or CC

I have to agree. I have about 2.5 GB of combined package cc, plus about 500 MB of script and tuning mods, sliders, and skins, and I have about 13 GB of S3P cc, some store, but mostly creators. Lots of hair from Peggy, NewSea, Skysims along with edited versions. My load times are the same as pre-patch and pre-Diesel install, and the graphics are unchanged. I would really be looking for some funky content, although why it should interact with MC Cheats is beyond me. If you still believe that the issue is reproducible with and without MC Cheats, you may want to check on Twallan's site, as issues get addressed real fast over there.

MadeleineArneau 15th Jul 2012 8:31 AM

I have to agree. I have about 2.5 GB of combined package cc, plus about 500 MB of script and tuning mods, sliders, and skins, and I have about 13 GB of S3P cc, some store, but mostly creators. Lots of hair from Peggy, NewSea, Skysims along with edited versions. My load times are the same as pre-patch and pre-Diesel install, and the graphics are unchanged. I would really be looking for some funky content, although why it should interact with MC Cheats is beyond me. If you still believe that the issue is reproducible with and without MC Cheats, you may want to check on Twallan's site, as issues get addressed real fast over there.

Well, after a bit of redigging, it seems it's down to the hair, as I mentioned (in this case it was XM Sims and New Sea (TSR) for S3) and since I have had problems with Peggy's hair in the past and during testing of my CC, these items came up as possibly causing problems with lag.

What I found from a few other people's comments out in the wondrous web, was that with Story Progression turned on (I was using Twallan's, as well), the game can put custom hair on people in the game that when they age up or die, can corrupt everything (that seems to have been the trigger in their experience) so while my active sim wasn't using any custom hair, it is entirely possible that some spawned townspeople were and that this is what seemed to ultimately cause the problem.

The specifics at the time of testing were that with the Cheats installed, the lag was obvious and without, it was not. I had suspected bad CC and am still doing some research. New install without the suspicious hair and NO story progression to alleviate the possible recurrence for now.

Again, I have all EPs and SPs up to Showtime and according the EA tech, I'm barely at the requirements with a quad-core i7, 6 GB RAM and a dedicated Class A card w/2 GB on board memory. Apparently, I need to add a new processor for every expansion pack according to tech support.

Still rolling on the floor from that one.

So, as for which one (back to main poster's Q), I'm still planning to use Twallan's mods for now but with no story progression from anyone. It just brings in too many added townies and you can't grasp a hold of them like was possible in S2.

At least with Twallan's MC mod installed, I can nuke a townie forthwith and without prejudice. That's some power that's hard to give up, LOL.

MadeleineArneau 15th Jul 2012 2:27 PM

Back with confirmation and here's what I found after a clean restore and rebuild without the suspicious content:

1) It was the Newsea and XMSims hair, after all. I had about 2.5 GB total of just hair so removing it has pared my CC down considerably. I'm extremely disappointed in Newsea, especially, as it was my go-to for hair since the S2 days, though.

2) A lot of EA content was being hidden by this CC! I found tons of stuff that I've never seen before in the catalog and that includes EA default hair that was also hidden. WTF???

3) Sim normal animations were altered to look a bit weird - primarily, the lips - that is now rectified and looks good, as expected.

4) Twallan's main mods remain in my system (MC, cheats, dresser, relativity and few others) and are working well now.

Though a little off topic, I promised to report back with what I found and since it was affecting Twallan's mod (in appearance seemingly), I wanted to clarify that the MC/cheats works greats - in my case - without the CC hair.

In my experience, there is a lot of nastiness in the world of creators - stealing of meshes and so forth. I don't see how anyone can even be sure that the Newsea of 2008/2009 is even same person of 2012 - just an example.

Anyway, thumbs up for Twallan but I've also used MATY in the past, happily, but not yet in S3 so can't comment on that yet. Hope this helps someone.

olomaya 15th Jul 2012 2:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tigger89
Pedophilia is not teen/adult relationships, just like in RL(despite how some lawmakers seem to think...someone buy them a dictionary). It refers to sexually mature individuals being attracted to those who have yet to undergo puberty. I'm 99% sure the pedophilia is an enabling of adult-child flirt interactions, with scripted arrest and traits to effect other people's opinions of the perpetrator, introduced in sarcastic response to people who repeatedly asked for something(I think those asking for teen-adult woohoo, but I'm not sure, it was quite a while ago). I've never felt the need to enable it, so all I know is what I read on the forums around the time of the "feature's" release.
I know that Awesomemod contains an option to disable a core check against teen-teen woohoo, but it doesn't enable anything on its own. I'm not sure about adult-teen interactions, but I do know that awesomemod does not cause any inteenimator effects on its own. Whether or not it enables another mod to do so...I'm not sure.

Well I haven't used AM in a while but when I did, what Pes defined as "pedophilia" was adult-teen relationships because he refers to teens at "12"s. So all teen-adult relationships are made extremely difficult, next to impossible, with AM installed and the adult gets hauled off to prison if outside engaging in romantic interactions with a teen and they can't get a real career. And that came with enabled teen-adult relationships so you couldn't adjust it. I don't know of any mod that enables adult-child relationships (nor do I want to).

That was just one of the many reasons why I switched from AM to Twallan's mod, I found the former too constricting. I use mods to tailor the game to the way I want to play it and I feel that AM is basically tailored to someone else's style of gameplay, which is fine but conflicts with my own. The multitude of of Twallan's mods allows me to better pick and choose the features I want and tailor them to how I want to play.

twallan 15th Jul 2012 5:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MadeleineArneau
4) Twallan's main mods remain in my system (MC, cheats, dresser, relativity and few others) and are working well now.

Good to hear.

coltraz 15th Jul 2012 6:25 PM

This is kind of off topic but it sounds like I should get rid of my Newsea, Peggy, and XMSims hairs? I've had problems with corrupt neighbourhoods, and can never sort out what is the cause. I never expected it to be hair...

eskie227 15th Jul 2012 7:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
This is kind of off topic but it sounds like I should get rid of my Newsea, Peggy, and XMSims hairs? I've had problems with corrupt neighbourhoods, and can never sort out what is the cause. I never expected it to be hair...

But.....you'll have a lot of bald sims. EA hair is really pretty unpleasant. You could make a hair subfolder (good idea anyway) of the package files, place a few hairs in to start, then add back slowly to see which ones are the offenders. I have many of those hairs, and every once in a while might have a problem, but generally, I haven't had any game corruption.

Srikandi 16th Jul 2012 12:09 AM

Off topic indeed Feel free to start a new thread when you have a question on a new topic!

Elphiron 16th Jul 2012 10:03 AM

I recently got Twallan'd. I kept hearing whispers of some great mod, lurking on all the forums. So I thought I'd give it ago. I must say my eyes genuinely welled up with tears when I got the message "452323 cars have been removed, 32522 stereos and 3453 televisions have been switched off" I can now move to the corner of town where previously a family kept the television on and the sound would glitch so loudly, that I couldn't take my sims to that part of town. Also one family used to lag literally every in-game hour, well, no more! I am one happy customer!

chreai 16th Jul 2012 6:54 PM

I'm a big Twallan fan myself. Never used the awesome mod, I think because it overrides the system. Twallan's mods can be taken in and out of the mods folder at will and it won't completely bork the game. Except maybe Story Progression. Not sure about that one. But no matter anyway. Cuz after installing Twallan's SP + Expanded + Extras + Woohooer, I don't think I could ever go back to a vanilla game. I can honestly say that, now that I have those mods, I no longer get bored of playing TS3. Playing with my Sims is now akin to watching a soap opera. For instance, with Woohooer enabled, I sent one of my Sims, Ebony, to Egypt and she autonomously hooked up with a local and ended up having a LOT of *ahem* fun with him for the next few days. After she got back home, she started throwing up and, three days later, had an oops-a-baby--an adorable little girl named Anitra. Sadly, tho, Anitra would never know her father, as Ebony's business in Egypt was done and she had no plans of ever returning. So Ebony remained a single mother and Anitra grew up into a beautiful and responsible young woman. Granted, I could have created this story on my own, but it's so much more fun and entertaining when it just happens.
FYI, I also have Twallan's Master Controller, Debug Enabler and Overwatch, so that I can better manage my town and its population. All of these mods have become necessities for me, in order to fully enjoy my game. Just wanna say to Twallan and why the heck aren't you on EA's team? Keep up the good work! You have plenty of other mods I'm intrigued to try, Traveller for instance, but I don't want to overload my game as I have several other creators' mods as well.

twallan 16th Jul 2012 7:06 PM

[StoryProgression] can be removed without issue.

It is [Careers] that requires special uninstallation steps, or post install cleanup by [Traveler].

AzaraGore 17th Jul 2012 2:04 PM

I use to use both at the same time, lol, mostly for AwesomeMods extra traits and stuff. But NRaas (aka Twallan's mods) is where my home is now :x
I also use Anrchy's mods as well along side NRass

Amber Lokisdotter 20th Jul 2012 12:18 AM

I use both Awesome and all of Twallan's mods (except for Dresser, because I can't stand having random body hair and beards showing up on various men in my towns). Recently I've run into problems and I'm probably going to have to remove Awesome for a while, which sucks. I love all the funny traits it creates, like slappable and ugly-butted. At this point, those traits are really the main reason I still use Awesome; almost everything else that I originally wanted Awesome for, I now manage with Twallan's mod.

I've never been able to find a non-core mod that just creates new traits, but if I did, I would use it.

Miss Harlequin 20th Jul 2012 1:35 AM

I love them both, but Awesome isn't updated and Twallen isn't working for me at the moment, so I'm a little heartbroken </3

eskie227 20th Jul 2012 2:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chreai

Just wanna say to Twallan and why the heck aren't you on EA's team? Keep up the good work! You have plenty of other mods I'm intrigued to try, Traveller for instance, but I don't want to overload my game as I have several other creators' mods as well.

Be grateful he's not. If he were, we wouldn't have any of his terrific mods to make the game playable.

Chocklitkiss 20th Jul 2012 3:52 AM

After playing a vanilla game for almost a year, I finally got 'Twallan'd' 2 days ago. I am playing with Story Progession *with all the personalities*, Woohooer, Decensor and Overwatch.

A previous poster remarked on how the game is no longer boring because of Twallan's mods. I second that.

Many thanks, sir. Especially for making the installation instructions easy enough for a moron, such as myself, to understand.

kewpie 20th Jul 2012 8:56 PM

Some neat features that I love in Twallan's mods:

1. TOURISTS now show up in custom worlds. They used to only show up in EA made ones. Now I have tourists in my custom towns. YAY!

2. Edit in CAS: You can grab all those pudding faced service sims that show up to deliver mail and give them a unique look instead of 0 on all sliders. I just rolled a french tourist up to look like Gerard De Pardieu (yeah.. that's one ugly dude.. but at least he doesn't look exactly like every other townie now)

3. Townies generated from the sims families in the bin. SO awesome that the townies can be made from sims in the bin. I love this. It's a shame service sims can't go through the bin in generation, but edit in CAS helps out with that.

Specifically why I choose Twallan's mods over Awesome Mod:

4. Modular: You can choose which parts you want and don't want. I eventually stopped using Awesome because I didn't want ALL of the features provided -- many non-turn-off-able.

5. Excellent support: Unlike the MATY site, which not only has a poor search function, it also has a notoriously unhelpful fanbase (and proud of it) While I admire the "no hand holding" attitude, it goes a little too far. Like "Duh! Someone asked that exact same question three years ago and if you searched using keywords completely unrelated to your question, you'd find that someone answered it. And even though that answer is obsolete, the question was answered. So SUCK ON IT, LOSER! And then someone else would come in and yell at that poster for their poor use of commas. And then some one else would post a LOLcat doing a facepalm at the comma Nazi because they used too many exclamation points. Then half the thread would vanish because someone from TARDERDOME posted in the thread. A few posts later, someone gave you the right answer, but now it's in the Dome - where you'll never see it.

Anyway, on the nraas site, you can always find the answers and people are pretty patient. And it's all a matter of taste - but I like that I can get an answer fast because when my game suddenly starts exploding, my first instinct is to post "OMG WTF is HAPPENING!!!??!?" and I'm too freaked to carefully search out an older answer. I am also too spazzed to use correct capitalization or punctuation.

So yeah - I am too lazy to AwesomeMod my game. So I use Twallan's mods exclusively.

NAJ P. Jackson 20th Jul 2012 9:03 PM

I have a few of Twallan's mods in my game I recently patched my game to 1.36 and installed that version's Errortrap. Not 5 seconds in my game and a message pops up:

Errortrap: 134 Errors Recorded.

I experienced having 3-5 Error records before but damn! I just sat there staring at my monitor for a minute in bewilderment lol