Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 9:02 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions
Default Data Error: Cyclic Redundancy Check
Ok, the first time I installed WA I had no problems and the install process went rather smooth. Smoother then I expected. The game also ran as perfect as WA gets, no problems... Until I messed about with CC....

But, now, I had to reinstall my whole series and I reached a problem just a few minutes after installing Sims 3. I get 34 bars through installing and then I get a popup on the installer saying, :

File: e:\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds\France.world
Error: Data Error (cyclic redundancy check).

It happens heaps until I get frustrated enough to close off the whole installer. Can anyone tell me how to fix it?

I definitely know that the disk is clean and my computer has the requirements to run it by the way
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 12:22 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 2:52 PM Last edited by KaitoReinya : 4th Jan 2011 at 2:53 PM. Reason: Success!
I did but it didn't work , trust me I tried almost everything on that list. But I will get around to that disk cleaning kit eventually. And I make a habit of throwing out receipts

It finally worked, haa~, I had to try like 50 times but it worked on the 50-oddth.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 3:49 PM
Did a local install not work then?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 5:23 PM
I don't know to be honest. I just tried again to reinstall it and it worked perfectly... If that makes any sort of sense

But thanks for helping :D
Locked thread | Locked by: werismyki Reason: RESOLVED