Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#101 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 6:41 PM
NO EXPANSIONS. This really got on my nerves,I had to sell my 25$ expansion pack because I didn't have the original,WHICH WAS NEVER IN STOCK. I think EA is just wanting more money for their product. They can use all that time they have(until 2009)to make a game,then sell it for 30-40$. It's a great deal,and you don't have to wait for an EP to come out.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#102 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 1306
-Hair color limited to red/blonde/brown/black. It seems a little weird that we can't have green/blue/purple-haired sims (people would probably kill me for this)

Well in terms of genetics, those are our options and considering our Sims don't have six fingers and 3 eyes, I think physical appearance and genetics (for the most part, we do have alien babies after all) tries to stay somewhat close to reality. Actually, I believe in University, they added blue, green and pink haired sims in the custom hair bin. My big thing is that I would like to see streaked hair available in the game. Like a Sim with black hair that has red streaks in it would still be considered a black-haired Sim. Ideally, we could just have a color slider for each natural color (black, red, brown and blonde) and then a custom color slider that runs the gamut of colors.

-Too realisitic sims. To me, sims aren't sims if they look realistic. Sims, in my opinion always had that cartoonish look.

I couldn't agree more about that. I know some people like realistic looking sim but I definitely don't want Sims to be too realistic. It makes playing the game creepy for me.

-Sleeping sims don't wake up with a little noise--I can sleep with the TV on, why couldn't a sim?

-Phones that ring for ages. EAxis, time for an aswering machine, don't you think?

I'd like to group that under a whole group of "small everyday things that wouldn't happen to normal people" like waking up if you're sleeping upstairs and someone rings the doorbell downstairs. Not being able to sleep with the TV on or take naps on the bed.

-AI still as dumb as TS2. Can't you get a book from a bookcase even if a chair is in front of it? (Push the chair away, sims!)

They've added a "fourth wall" feature that allows us to do things for them so theoretically, we could just "reach in" and push the chair out of the way for them. My guess is that this is their quick fix solution to navigation and queue issues that have plagued this game since the get-go. My worry is that this feature is going to be answer for everything and so in terms of getting around, Sims are going to be as dumb as ever. That would be a major disappointment for me.

-Uni. I just don't like that EP. I got that EP for the bonus items that came with it.

As for Uni, my hope is that now that the game will essentially play itself while we are not watching, I can send a teen to Uni and have them go through the entire four years without me having to be there, bored out of my mind. I can pop in every so often to get them involved in a kegger or sleep with their professor but then jump into a more interesting storyline until they graduate. That to me is one of the best reasons for having the new system for everyone ages and goes about life without us having to control them.

I know some people are anti-expansion packs but I don't really feel that way. The Sims is a popular franchise with room for expansion and a highly devoted fanbase. They'd be crazy not to come out with expansion packs. They can't fit everything into the base game. God, I could just imagine the list of critical bugs in it if they were to try something like that. I doubt the game would be playable. Also, I like expansions because a lot of times, there are things in the game that I don't know that I want until I play the base game and so expansions allow for the opportunity for both the players and developers to think of things we would have never thought of before the base comes out to make the game better. Another reason is that I'm addicted and so the more, the better. The expansions give me something to look forward to and I don't mind spending the money for something that I enjoy that provide me with hours of enjoyment.
Scholar
#103 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Soraele
NO EXPANSIONS. This really got on my nerves,I had to sell my 25$ expansion pack because I didn't have the original,WHICH WAS NEVER IN STOCK. I think EA is just wanting more money for their product. They can use all that time they have(until 2009)to make a game,then sell it for 30-40$. It's a great deal,and you don't have to wait for an EP to come out.

Okay, what?

EA is a business, of course they want to make money. If they didn't then there would be no more sims. What serious company makes anything if they didn't make a profit?

And I think that its kinda your fault that you bought the expansion pack and not the orginal. You can't really blame EA for that :wtf2:

Plus, no-one sits there with a gun to your head and demands that you buy the EPs. $30-$40 for the BASE GAME?? I remember the sims 2 costing £35 when it was first released, which must be around $60-$70. I can imagine EA selling TS3 for £15-20.
#104 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 9:46 PM
Well, since I have no idea what secuRom is, and it apparently came with BV, which I have and play frequently, I can't complain about it.

One thing I want gone is the fact that toddlers can't interact with eachother. And they can't go down stairs. I'm sure they can get down stairs (slowly). Something else that bugs me is that each sim starts out with only 1 outfit. We need to choose at least 3. I also hate how you go from little girl to 16 year old teen immediately. It needs to be more "steady growth" than stages.
Mad Poster
#105 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 1:06 AM

I would love to know if you play with only the base game. If you actually play with EP's installed, then you just contradicted yourself. EP's don't only add whatever themes they have, but they also enhance gameplay by adding needed features that weren't in the base game. For example, do you enjoy that toddlers weren't able to change their appearance? Do you enjoy not being able to get married in a community lot? Do you enjoy having not being able to merge a new family into an existing family's lot? Or how about not being able to rename lots, or not being able to walk to a community lot without needing the taxi or a car? These and so many more eatures were added little by little in each EP. Why? Because EA cannot possibly fit everything in the base game and because I am sure that EA didn't think about all these features right away from the base game. I think you underestimate EP's. Besides, your wish will not be granted, as EP's are most likely going to exist for TS3. And again, if you DO NOT only play the base game with no EP's, then your post is very hypocritical. Think about that, okay? And no, I'm not being mean here so please don't turn into another SimpleNClean. I really, really don't need that. This is just an FYI post. Thanks.
Top Secret Researcher
#106 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emo_fairy
One thing I want gone is the fact that toddlers can't interact with eachother. And they can't go down stairs. I'm sure they can get down stairs (slowly). Something else that bugs me is that each sim starts out with only 1 outfit. We need to choose at least 3. I also hate how you go from little girl to 16 year old teen immediately. It needs to be more "steady growth" than stages.

I agree with this. It's a little dumb that toddlers can't interact with each other--or go down stairs, for that matter. I've seen toddlers who can walk that do go down stairs--provided they hang on to the railing at the side.

And yeah, why start life with one outfit? You can't be serious. Real people won't live with one outfit.

And concerning your little girl to teen in instant, I hear they're adding progressive growth, which means they will grow up--not instantly--but just like in real life. The question is, how long now will your sims take to die?

Quote: Originally posted by olomaya
As for Uni, my hope is that now that the game will essentially play itself while we are not watching, I can send a teen to Uni and have them go through the entire four years without me having to be there, bored out of my mind. I can pop in every so often to get them involved in a kegger or sleep with their professor but then jump into a more interesting storyline until they graduate.

That would make TS3 much easier to play. Maybe in 10 or more sim-days, your sims graduate or something. And I don't want another sub-neighborhood to play Uni in. That's hectic and will make you confused (for me, that is.)
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 3:19 AM
The rabbit holes kinda scare me. I just hope they don't go crazy and make the majority of the community lots rabbit holes. The only buildings i think should be rabbit holes are the school, hospital, police department and other work places. I read an article where they said clothing stores would be rabbit holes. I really hope they rethink this
Mad Poster
#108 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 3:57 AM
Well, it was stated that clothing stores are currently rabbit holes but the implication was that it was scheduled to change or remain. I, too, hope it changes. I agree that rabbit holes should only be the more complex buildings like school, work and special places. I want to see two Sims on a romantic date at a restaurant. Just like with Nightlife! I'm sure I am not the only one who still enjoys making Sims go out on a date at a restaurant, right? It's just so cute and so fun because of the new sitting interactions that you can do. And speaking of dates, I DO NOT want them to be limited. In fact, I want dates to be much more improved and I want there to be more sitting interactions. It's frustrating that in Nightlife there are interactions that you want them to do while sitting but they cannot do it and they have to stand up to do them. Please grant us more sitting interactions. And not just for dates either. Actually one idea is to now have Sims grab their finished plates before they get up from their seats rather than getting up first and then grabbing the plates.
Forum Resident
#109 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pinkmonkey
The rabbit holes kinda scare me. I just hope they don't go crazy and make the majority of the community lots rabbit holes. The only buildings i think should be rabbit holes are the school, hospital, police department and other work places. I read an article where they said clothing stores would be rabbit holes. I really hope they rethink this

Agreed. I also hope that Sims can get arrested and then have to spend the night in jail (go into the rabbit hole).

I would maybe (and this is a big MAYBE) want them to open up the schools in a later expansion, but only if we do in fact get universal time where I can send a kid to school and pop over to the other side of town and do something more interesting and then maybe drop back in on the school during recess to watch him get pelted with dodgeballs or something.
Forum Resident
#110 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 5:32 PM
Olomaya- That school EP sounds like a rather good idea. It does seem like EA might leave certain places as rabbit holes to open up in EPs so there's a good possibility.
Mad Poster
#111 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 9:23 PM
OMG, I never thought about that. Having rabbit holes in the base game as a temporary non-EP type and then get EP's to change them. That is a great idea! Maybe with university it should be in the base game but have the college and dorms as rabbit holes for now and then maybe have a school EP to turn them on as well as the children's schools.
Forum Resident
#112 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 11:12 PM
Mind you, I wouldn't like every single EP to just be about unlocking more rabbit holes each time. It'd get a little repetative. Unless the ideas were good though, it'd depend.
#113 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 1:52 AM
There would have to be a lot more to the expansion than just opening up the rabbit hole. There would have to be all new gameplay, interactions and objects to decorate the place. It would have to be a good theme too. School would be ok, as long as, like olomaya said, we can just like jump in during reccess and play games or maybe for teens, passing in the hall and gossiping and stuff.

Quote: Originally posted by stariscool
Mind you, I wouldn't like every single EP to just be about unlocking more rabbit holes each time. It'd get a little repetative. Unless the ideas were good though, it'd depend.

I agree with this too! Maybe just one big expansion that opens the rabbit holes.
#114 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 5:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
-No more Sims getting shocked at nudity... or depending on the traits given. But never should there be shock reactions when it's the Sim's lover. Come on, EA, this is completely and utterly ridiculous... and annoying!

-No more being stuck with names given to your Sims... we should get to change their full names, even if it's for a small fee like in real life.

-No more alien pregnancy being a requirement. I want my male Sims to be able to use the expensive telescope and being abducted but it not being required to get pregnant.

LOL, I find pregger guys amusing..but disturbing too, want EA to include it tho because on YouTube a while ago, there was a review on sims2 how some people actually LIKED that consept..so it's all or nothin
#115 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 5:51 AM
If I understood the point of rabbit holes correctly, they are designed so we don't watch them or have control over them while they are doing mundane things like working. Sure, it'd be fun to see once or twice, but if we were actually expected to help our Sims do their jobs and stuff all the time, we'd get bored.. and that's not really the point of the game.

Umm.. well, this wouldn't work for a number of reasons. First of all, this is a game based on real life. That means there are practically limitless possibilities when it comes to game content. Second, the game developers (even though they spend years) could never include all of the features that players want in one game. Thirdly, it's a business. I'm sure they love what they do, blah blah, but when it comes down to it, it's end goal is to make a profit. This completely logical and reasonable marketing scheme that makes players happy (more content) is what allows EA to continue creating something we love.

If all you want is to pay $30 for a game and then move on, you're playing the wrong game :P
Instructor
#116 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 6:56 AM
All I have to say is Ugly Sims 2 Maxis Hair......"EWWWW"
Test Subject
#117 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 5:05 AM
What I don't want?

HURR I STAND IN FRONT OF THIS GUY WATCHING TV SO I CAN WATCH TOO! LAWL!

HURR I WANT TO GO THROUGH THIS DOOR AS WELL AS THIS GUY! IMA STAND HERE FOR LONG TIME!

Sims are so stupid when it comes to basic problem solving.
Mad Poster
#118 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 6:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DiamonteGirl
LOL, I find pregger guys amusing..but disturbing too, want EA to include it tho because on YouTube a while ago, there was a review on sims2 how some people actually LIKED that consept..so it's all or nothin

Oh don't get me wrong, I like the idea as an alternative, I just didn't want it to be required for the expensive telescope for a family that I didn't want aliens in. OR HOWEVER... they could just make a special telescope that will allow this. A special alien one!
Field Researcher
#119 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 5:15 AM
I might be alone in this, but I don't want gradual aging! Imagine how huge CC files would have to become to be multi-age, or how much CC you'd have to download altogether to get all your ages covered, if you're a CCfreak like me. I'd rather just have two extra age groups--preteen and middle age. Preteen age could be hilarious! If the kid didn't get along with their family before puberty, or if everything was going wrong (TS2 equivalent of Aspiration Failure, if they're keeping that or not I've not heard), their relationships with their family members could take a dip, and their relationships with their parents a dive. It could have its own mesh, or if Maxis gets real lazy, they could pull a YA and have a child mesh with teen textures, or vice versa. (easier for creators, I'm sure) And middle age just... makes sense to me! I wouldn't fall over getting CC for that age group (the same as Elder CC, really), but it would definitely add to the game. Adults don't stay youthful and smooth-skinned til the day they hit 60! (unless they're superhuman, or plastic)
#120 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 5:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by princesshaichu
I might be alone in this, but I don't want gradual aging! Imagine how huge CC files would have to become to be multi-age, or how much CC you'd have to download altogether to get all your ages covered, if you're a CCfreak like me. I'd rather just have two extra age groups--preteen and middle age. Preteen age could be hilarious! If the kid didn't get along with their family before puberty, or if everything was going wrong (TS2 equivalent of Aspiration Failure, if they're keeping that or not I've not heard), their relationships with their family members could take a dip, and their relationships with their parents a dive. It could have its own mesh, or if Maxis gets real lazy, they could pull a YA and have a child mesh with teen textures, or vice versa. (easier for creators, I'm sure) And middle age just... makes sense to me! I wouldn't fall over getting CC for that age group (the same as Elder CC, really), but it would definitely add to the game. Adults don't stay youthful and smooth-skinned til the day they hit 60! (unless they're superhuman, or plastic)

We don't really know how gradual aging would work, if it is even in the game. We don't know how clothes would accommodate this, how it is defined what they can and can't wear etc.
#121 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 2:11 AM
One thing that bothered me in Sims 2 is that you couldn't have make adult-teen sibling relationships, or have a adult sim be the parent of another adult sim. Hopefully they'll allow more flexible family trees in TS3.
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 4:13 AM

No Expansions means some people will get bored of the game within a week, and will have to wait 5+ years for TheSims4.
#123 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 4:37 AM
i just don't want it to be easy.

i'm a bit dubious about the needs bars being oversimplified... but i'm not going to moan, i'm sure it will be fine - i'm open to a bit of change, it is a new game an all.
i'd be mega dissapointed if it was exactly like sims 2 but with better graphics :P

but a feature from TS2 i wouldn't like to see in TS3 would be the same townies getting generated with new neighbourhoods (if we can have multiple NH's that is :umm i'm sick of seeing goopys face :yech: and all the others.
Mad Poster
#124 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 5:16 AM
The thing with life stages is that they are so unrealistic but they are simple and worked well in TS2. Gradual aging could probably be more than what are imagine. One mesh could fit an entire adulthood I'm sure, even if it may have to be stretched a bit, which I doubt because once you turn 25 (sometimes younger) your body physically remains the same size for quite a while, at least until you are middle-aged and not even because you can still be the same size. So I really don't see any worries with gradual aging and CC.
Forum Resident
#125 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 3:31 PM
Pets. I simply don't care at all about them in the game. I definitely don't want strays coming up and tipping over my trashcan or digging holes or any of that sort of thing.
Page 5 of 9