Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2024 at 1:28 PM
Default Triplets and Quads - the real random version
Can someone please point me at an actual random-only version of TwoJeffs' Triplets and Quads? Neither the file listed as such on the Archive, nor the file I have in my own storage, is actually random (despite being named as such).

Is there another place TJ's mods have been archived?

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Apr 2024 at 2:23 PM
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st May 2024 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
In the Simbology SFS:
https://simfileshare.net/folder/92516/

Twojeffs' mods are here:
https://simfileshare.net/folder/92533/

Thanks, I will check those out.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th May 2024 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
Thanks, I will check those out.

I still don't have random, but get the popup to choose for each birth.

I'm thinking: either no one actually has the Random-Only file anymore, or there's something going on with my setup.

Are other people using a random version, and not seeing the popup?

Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th May 2024 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
I still don't have random, but get the popup to choose for each birth.

I'm thinking: either no one actually has the Random-Only file anymore, or there's something going on with my setup.

Are other people using a random version, and not seeing the popup?

I have the random set up and I don't get a popup. The only way I know it's going to be more than one is when the mother gives birth not to one that's indicated, but 2, as just happened in my game! I have the "Triplets & Quads random only" mod in my game.
I tell ya, it's really inconvenient to have to buy yet another crib and place it anywhere!

You're only supposed to have one or the other file. Not both, because they will clash.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th May 2024 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I have the random set up and I don't get a popup. (...)
You're only supposed to have one or the other file. Not both, because they will clash.

I only have one of those files at a time.

Maybe something is conflicting on the quiet. Will do some checking.
Thanks for your input - if it works for others, it must be something at my end breaking it.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 24th May 2024 at 9:05 PM
Try loading it last, but do check what is conflicting with it.
Scholar
#8 Old 24th May 2024 at 10:41 PM
I have "Triplets&Quads" in my game. Name of the file and the folder from when I downloaded it. It gives me the choice between random, original, or choose. Try that one.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th May 2024 at 4:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deatherella
I have "Triplets&Quads" in my game. Name of the file and the folder from when I downloaded it. It gives me the choice between random, original, or choose. Try that one.

Yes, that's the popup I mean.
Investigations are ongoing.

Field Researcher
#10 Old 29th May 2024 at 5:03 AM
I use it in my game as well, and I don't remember exactly where I got it from but when I looked for it the first thing that came up was this archive page. The only file I have in my game is the "Triplets & Quads - Random Only"; I never get asked about the number of babies, it's always random.

I wouldn't discard the idea of the conflict, just because this mod used to conflict with a couple other mods I was using at the time, so I know that it DOES conflict. I used to have issues with the "Last Name Chooser", as the "Who will stay home?" pop-up always overpowered the other one, and I eventually just took that one out. Probably not very useful, but just go 50/50 and see what comes up.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th May 2024 at 7:31 AM
I found the conflict...it was Chris Hatch's Pregnancy Controller. I had tweaked my copy a bit, so maybe I messed something up - or maybe the two just don't go together. I couldn't find any discussion on that.

I have switched to Midgethetree's Lite version, which seems to be playing nicer. Brandi Broke has had SO many babies in the last 24 hours. Some of them were quads, too.

Thanks for all your input!