Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 7:44 AM
The "wall-brickChimneyRedAged_base_txmt.5tm (cached) (0x4C8CC5C0)" on 8th line in bricks has a bump texture ready. Try cloning this one.

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 10th Aug 2008 at 6:42 PM
[QUOTE=pisceskat]Okay, I've followed all directions, and even tried to go back and find the bumpmap file... but my wall doesn't have one! =p I'm still getting a black/purple/pink wall in game... Here is my file... could you help me? ::pleads pitifully::[/QUOTE

Very nice texture file! The file you cloned originally doesn't have a bump map. Restart the process if you want to add a bump map, but try cloning one of the brick walls for the bump map. Most of them have one. I know the second one on my list, wall_brickChimneyRedAged_Base_txmt which is London's Red Chimney Bricks has a bump map.

[QUOTE=pisceskat]one other thing, I'm using Paint.net instead of gimp or photoshop. do you know what the rgb equivalent is for that program? (looked for rgb in the tabs and didn't see it ^_^;;

forgive my noobishness m(_ _)m[/QUOTE

Ive never used Paint.net, so I am not sure. I know on Gimp and Photoshop it can be found under Image - Mode in the menu. It might be similar. If it is like regular Paint, it doesn't have that option. You either get Black and White or Colors. If that is the case, just make sure it is on color.

Don't worry about being a noob! We've all been there. That's what makes this site so great. You can always find someone to help you out.

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once. ~Jennifer Yane
Test Subject
#28 Old 10th Aug 2008 at 8:08 PM
Thanks! I got it working! Big thank to both charisa and pixel ^_^ Here is a pic of the finished product, and yes I will be uploading the files really soon!

::dances in joy for creating her first upload::
Screenshots
Test Subject
#29 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 7:42 PM
Thank you so much for this tutorial! I've been searching for one for ages.

I have just one question: do terrain paints work basically the same way as floors and walls? I started on a terrain paint and followed this tutorial in hopes that it was the same (I hope I didn't just ruin my game D: ).
They only differ at the last part, where for floors you'd be editing the XOBJ file so it wouldn't overwrite what you cloned it from. Since there's no XOBJ file I'm wondering how I should make sure that my new terrain doesn't save over it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 5:31 AM
Sorry I haven't got back to you sooner, Sanus. It has been a busy week. I hadn't tried this with terrain paints before, but now I have. All you need to do is clone using the change description option and then edit the texture files. It will not overwrite the existing.

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once. ~Jennifer Yane
Test Subject
#31 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 1:27 PM
Default ohoh
I can't check the "create a stand-alone",.....
and i think because of that it doesn't work, does it?!?!?!?!

Can anybody help me, please?!!?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 8:50 PM
If you follow everything else it should work ok. Have you tried doing it and then using it in game? As I said some of the boxes can't be changed. Mine was when I did the tutorial, I think only because it was one of the options I used on the previous object I had cloned. Try doing it without it being checked. If it does not work then go in and clone a regular object and check the box. Then go back and do your floor. Some of the options you can change on regular objects are disabled when doing floors and walls.

Test Subject
#33 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 9:01 AM
Thank you so much for your help I had the gist of it but this has clarified a question or 2 you are awesome!!

"Dont Think About Making Art Just Get It Done; Let Everyone Else Decide Weather its Good Or Bad;Weather They Love It Or Hate It;While They Are Deciding Make More Art." Andy Warhol
Field Researcher
#34 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 4:49 PM Last edited by elpemmy : 15th Nov 2008 at 4:56 PM.
Charisa1114:
Thank you for this tutorial! I found it very useful, up to a point.
I was making a wall, and I finished it, and I put it in my downloads folder for the anygamestarter (cause I use it for testing) and I cannot find it in game.
I looked through all the walls, in case I categorized it badly or something, but nothing.
Helps?
Thankees muchly!
Em
Test Subject
#35 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 2:14 AM
Hi, I finally got the wall to show up perfectly in game (after 8 hours of trying to use homecrafter which does not work on my computer) that I have been working on for 3 hours! I figured out the whole bump map thing, but now the thumbnail in game is black. It works fine when I use it to cover my wall, but I would just like to fix how it appears in the walls folder. How do I get the thumbnail to show up correctly?
Test Subject
#36 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 7:45 AM
Default Wall Recolor Problems
Thanks for the tutorial! I'm one of those that can't get Homecrafter to work. I've recolored one of the sidings from Apartment life, and everything looks fine in SimsPE. But, when I use it in the game I get a flashing pink wall. This is my first wall recolor, so I know it's probably something simple.

It's not replacing the original file, and I'm using a custom GUID. I don't think it had a bumpmap, but I might be wrong.

I've attached the file and would like some help. It'd be best if you explain your answers like I'm 5!

Thanks!
Ianthlynn
Attachments Pending Approval
File Type: rar Trailer Siding 1.rar
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 10:13 PM Last edited by guth75 : 26th Apr 2009 at 12:45 AM. Reason: found (Part of it) the answer
(Edit) and when I zoom out it fades into the Original floor! I got it to tile properly though!

SOMEBODY HELP ME!

"It's not the mesh ... It's not the texture ...It's not me ... I am pretty sure it's you."
Mez Isa Nintendork! Yayz Meez!
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 7:04 PM
Thanks!
Thanks for this tutorial Very good and I am so happy with this! It really works! Now I shall test if my walls with bump maps works correct!

Thanks for sharing your greatness and experience

Tumblr: Springbunnysims
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 20th May 2018 at 10:03 AM
Thanks, it really useful.
Page 2 of 2