Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 10:06 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can't find NPC clothing in Sims file
Hello! I downloaded this grocery car default replacement a while ago, and I now decided to try to make a default replacement for the NPC delivery clothes to match the car. I've tried following both this and this tutorial, but I can't find the delivery NPC clothing (afbodydeliveryperson_blue) or anything close to ''delivery'' at all. I've checked every ''Sims0x'' (sims07, sims08 and so on) file I have (both eps and sps). Idk what I'm doing wrong? Or am I missing something? I literally have no idea why I can't find it. I've tried searching the forums here, google and simswiki, but found nothing.

- I have DDS utilities installed
- SimPE ver: 0.73.44.37511
- I don't have UC but I have every ep/sp

If I just searched poorly, I apologize, but I literally could not find anyone having the same problem as me :s
(I also didn't know which category to put my thread in so if ''custom content'' is wrong, I apologize)

Any help is much appreciated and I thank anyone in advance! :lovestruc
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 11:39 PM
Are you trying to find the texture or the meshes? If it's the texture, often NPC uniforms are one uniform for both sexes and usually are coded u rather than m or f. I know the police uniforms are like this. If you want distinct uniforms for both sexes, it's a bit of a fiddle (believe me, I know). I don't know for sure that the uniform for delivery is the same for both sexes but it strikes me that's likely.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 8:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Are you trying to find the texture or the meshes? If it's the texture, often NPC uniforms are one uniform for both sexes and usually are coded u rather than m or f. I know the police uniforms are like this. If you want distinct uniforms for both sexes, it's a bit of a fiddle (believe me, I know). I don't know for sure that the uniform for delivery is the same for both sexes but it strikes me that's likely.

Ahh sorry, I’m looking for the mesh!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 11:38 AM
To get the mesh use SimPE's PJSE-tools BodyMesh Tool / Extracting Stage - print afbodydeliveryperson in the dialogbox and push enter.That's it.(You have to Fix Integrity and so on)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clsve
To get the mesh use SimPE's PJSE-tools BodyMesh Tool / Extracting Stage - print afbodydeliveryperson in the dialogbox and push enter.That's it.(You have to Fix Integrity and so on)

Uhmmm okay maybe I’m not looking for the mesh then haha? I’m following this tutorial but my problem is not finding the “afbodydeliveryperson_blue” in any sims0x file, which I need to make the default replacement and what I thought was the mesh? (Sorry, I’m new to creating stuff for TS2 ^^”)

To be clear, this part is what I can’t complete: “Next we'll create the default package. Open a new SimPE file and browse to C:/Program Files/EA Games/The Sims 2 (/the EP of choice)/TSData/Res/Sims3D/Sims07.package. You'll be confronted with a large amount of TXRT files.

Now find the TXRT file that matches the name you wrote down. [...] EXTRACT not export the entire TXTR file.“

But I have none delivery clothes in any sims0x file so I can’t export the TXTR file I need
Field Researcher
#6 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 12:34 PM
You have to use SimPE's Finder: Scenegraph Search and type in aubodydeliveryperson_blue then push Start. Finder then searches the whole filetable and presents the result - to get to the desired file just double-click on it You might want the lifo-file.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clsve
You have to use SimPE's Finder: Scenegraph Search and type in aubodydeliveryperson_blue then push Start. Finder then searches the whole filetable and presents the result - to get to the desired file just double-click on it You might want the lifo-file.

I tried that but got nothing. I also tried afbodydeliveryperson_blue, just afbodydeliveryperson and aubodydeliveryperson, nothing matched
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 1:18 PM
I found it! It was called ''aubodydeliveryperson-blue''! That's weird though, I used shift + n in cas to see the name of it and there it said ''_blue'', not ''-blue''. Anyway, thank you both for your help! I wouln't have found it if it weren't for both of you thank you!

One last question, what's the difference between ''aubodydeliveryperson-blue'' and ''aubodydeliveryperson-all-bump''? Is it the ''aubodydeliveryperson-blue'' TXTR file I should extract?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 1:34 PM
The other sounds like the bump map - so yes, it's the aubodydeliveryperson-blue file you need. Be warned, the bump map might add bumps and shadows - that's its function, to give a 3D effect. If you don't want that, you can replace it also with a blank bump map texture (basically grey - you can find them online if you need to). If you're just doing a straight recolour, I'd say leave it alone.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 3:11 PM
The other sounds like the bump map - so yes, it's the aubodydeliveryperson-blue file you need. Be warned, the bump map might add bumps and shadows - that's its function, to give a 3D effect. If you don't want that, you can replace it also with a blank bump map texture (basically grey - you can find them online if you need to). If you're just doing a straight recolour, I'd say leave it alone.

Thank you! I extracted the aubodydeliveryperson-blue TXTR file to the desktop. The next step in the tutorial is: ''Open a new SimPE file and import the TXTR file. Save it into your Downloads folder [...] Using the Build DXT option, import your texture over the top of the maxian one - be sure to set the Sharpen option to NONE.'' Now I have a second question :s I dragged the file I extracted into a new SimPE file, saved it to my desktop (so I could easily find it) but the last part: ''Using the Build DXT option, import your texture over the top of the maxian one - be sure to set the Sharpen option to NONE.'' I'm not quite following.. I have a hack which unlocks the NPC clothes in Body Shop, so I got the texture that way and edited it in Photoshop, basically, my recolor is a .bmp file. How do I replace the EA texture? The tutorial is from 2008 so I assume the layout have changed since then, or maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I can't find any ''Build DXT'' option in SimPE. And I assume I can't just simply drag the .bmp into SimPE file and save it? this is how it looks for me.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 3:24 PM
You get the Build DXT option if you have the NVidia DDS Utilities installed (get them off the net) - you get the option when you right-click on the texture in SimPE - right-click that is on the picture of the texture in plug in view, not the bit listed in the resource list.

Incidentally, I was going to say earlier, this kind of thread really should be in the modding section - this forum is for game help, not modding help. I'm not going to move the thread for now but if you have similar queries in future, please post in the modding forums. There are a lot of really friendly, knowledgeable and helpful people over there who know a lot about this sort of thing. You might also find threads where other people have been doing the same sort of thing and solved these issues before you.

Mad Poster
#12 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 3:26 PM
You need the DDS tool from Nvidia. Link and how to enable it in SimPE here: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/moo...impe-t1197.html
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 3:34 PM
You get the Build DXT option if you have the NVidia DDS Utilities installed (get them off the net) - you get the option when you right-click on the texture in SimPE - right-click that is on the picture of the texture in plug in view, not the bit listed in the resource list.

Incidentally, I was going to say earlier, this kind of thread really should be in the modding section - this forum is for game help, not modding help. I'm not going to move the thread for now but if you have similar queries in future, please post in the modding forums. There are a lot of really friendly, knowledgeable and helpful people over there who know a lot about this sort of thing. You might also find threads where other people have been doing the same sort of thing and solved these issues before you.

Ahh you're right, sorry! I'll check where to put my thread more carefully next time

Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
You need the DDS tool from Nvidia. Link and how to enable it in SimPE here: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/moo...impe-t1197.html

That's weird, I installed DDS utilities some days ago and I followed a tutorial on how to enable it for SimPE :s I guess I didn't install it correct? I'll try again with the links you linked, thank you!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 3:45 PM
Okay I'm confused, I'm sure I've missed something and/or am doing something wrong since I'm new to all this. The DDS utilities is installed and SimPE knows where the folder is, but I still don't get any more options than ''add, extract, replace, delete, clone, create resource and toggle group filter'' when I right click on the TXTR file in SimPE.
Edit: sorry, you said I should right click on the picture in plugin view, and there it is! I'm so stupid, I'm sorry but a HUGE thank you to both of you :lovestruc
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 12:22 AM
Ah yes - good you found it. You're not stupid - I said what I said because it's not obvious if you're unfamiliar with it.

Make sure you set the blend/sharpen value to 'none' when you import. And generally you would stick with the same format as the original file (I'd guess this is DXT1?). You can change the format but you need to know why you'd do that - the other formats allow for things like transparency and so on but doing that is much more complicated than what you're doing.