Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 12:37 PM
I need a way to figure out what the name of things are in the package title.
Okay so recently I had downloaded a bunch of hairstyles for my game since I felt the hair styles where too limited with the base game. But unfortunately some of them seem distorted and it seems like it can't find the file/mesh/texture ect. So what it does is put some ugly distortion effect on the face that looks black and red with a bunch of question marks all over the place. I want to find this and remove it without having to waste my whole day little by little testing what ones are working and removing/adding things to the folder. Is there any way to do this?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 1:19 PM
Scholar
#3 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 5:53 PM
Red question marks means it's missing the texture, not the mesh, if it was missing the mesh, you will know it, use either get invisible or bold head if you try to apply a recolour, most hairs are cloned from a base game hair, which makes it compatible with any pack, but there are some that have been cloned from a DLC pack, and if you don't own that pack your get those issues too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Red question marks means it's missing the texture, not the mesh, if it was missing the mesh, you will know it, use either get invisible or bold head if you try to apply a recolour, most hairs are cloned from a base game hair, which makes it compatible with any pack, but there are some that have been cloned from a DLC pack, and if you don't own that pack your get those issues too.

Ah okay I see, thank you so much. I just wish they would stick to the base game pack since currently the prices are too high to go buying DLC and/or game packs. I am waiting for a sale on Sims 4 things on Origin, hopefully that will happen soon than I can buy a bunch of the ones I wanted.