Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 1:35 AM
Gods as a New Occult Type
Would it possible to create an entirely new occult for the Sims 4? and could it be a god? Not the monotheistic, absolute, and awe-some type of God from preachers' sermons and the Bible. These gods could harken back to the ancient Greek, Sumerian, etc. gods, beings on a totally different level than ordinary sims in terms of ability and longer lifespans (similar to the fairies of Sims 3). Special traits could be assigned to a specific type of god (Earth, Fire, War,etc.) The offspring of the God and an ordinary sim would be a demigod, and the offspring of a demigod and a Sim would hold some abilities and be mostly Sim. The third generation that marries another Sim would be entirely ordinary. If the demigod has a kid with a god, then the child will have more god-like traits than if they were human, and so on. (Ahem, Percy Jackson.) Entirely without institutionalized religion, but the God would be perceived by the Medium/Spiritual Trait by someone I've forgotten. I hope someone reads this and thinks about it however they can. Thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 1:48 AM
It is probably possible for a game developer to do most of this, but my guess is it will never happen in this series.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 3:45 AM
That’s supposed to be the role of the player.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 2:51 PM
There's no hybrid in sims 4 so... short answer is, no I don't see that possible in the game.

Long answer: No! Because devs, even whithout demigods and sims with special abilities are probably either not interseted in this or too lazy to do something like that and if they did decided to do it it would have probably be a poorly executed gamepack.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 2:55 PM
It would have to be fictional deity "the god" based of a fictional origin. That means it will not be Jesus, Budha, whatever. The Fanbase is made up of people from different backgrounds, religions and beliefs.

As for regards to modding, I would say I would probably be all in for such a life state/trait despite I don't play it. I'm also interest how much creativity could the author of said project would pour into. Will the god sim have powers over of (such as) testingcheats ? Would they be made without no premade appearance / physique, as in allowing any player to customize their biological / fashionable looks to desire (would be great as it wouldn't limit the player to particular religious belief)?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#6 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 8:34 AM
So like Meta human Sims? That would be cool but there has to be more to them then just superpowers cause otherwise they would feel like a Sim with cheats. Also we don't even have witches after 4 years, this probably won't happen.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 5:30 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 10th Oct 2018 at 7:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by BogusAva
Would it possible to create an entirely new occult for the Sims 4? and could it be a god? Not the monotheistic, absolute, and awe-some type of God from preachers' sermons and the Bible. These gods could harken back to the ancient Greek, Sumerian, etc. gods, beings on a totally different level than ordinary sims in terms of ability and longer lifespans (similar to the fairies of Sims 3). Special traits could be assigned to a specific type of god (Earth, Fire, War,etc.) The offspring of the God and an ordinary sim would be a demigod, and the offspring of a demigod and a Sim would hold some abilities and be mostly Sim. The third generation that marries another Sim would be entirely ordinary. If the demigod has a kid with a god, then the child will have more god-like traits than if they were human, and so on. (Ahem, Percy Jackson.) Entirely without institutionalized religion, but the God would be perceived by the Medium/Spiritual Trait by someone I've forgotten. I hope someone reads this and thinks about it however they can. Thanks!

I've always been a fan of Greek mythology so that sounds like a cool idea, in theory. But, for obvious reasons, I doubt EA would straight up call the life state "gods". The closest you'll probably get is having to do some roleplaying, yourself, with the life states we already have and the ones we'll get in the future. Especially if we're getting witches next. That should make things easy for you.

The Receptacle still lives!
Smeg Head
#8 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 6:45 PM
It's possible. I've created a Virtual Sim Hologram life state messing around with the Maxis coding available. So yeah. But a pain in the butt and always one that patches will knock the crap out of due to so many files required. But once you know how to make your new buffs and traits and get them all playing nice with each other, you could make whatever the heck life state you like. All based on existing Maxis coding, interactions, animations and special effects of course.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Forum Resident
#9 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 10:38 PM
We're God... While playing the sims anyway.