Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 4:13 AM
Default Unhidden Traits- Spellcaster trait
I'm using the mod that unhides traits/unlocks traits for all ages. My sim just aged up and received the "spellcaster" trait. She doesn't have a magic bar... she's not a witch. She doesn't have a wand. But she can summon apples and talk about magic. Since she's a teen I thought this was pretty cute (going through the witch phase lmao) but... ... .... .......... is this game breaking or dangerous in any way??? Should I be concerned?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 4:37 AM
Update: A few hours after her birthday she developed the magic bar and got a wand in her inventory, and can now "play with magic". Checking her "status-personal" with NRAAS- master controller reveals that she is "human female" but also that she is "occult status- witch (+)" ... WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN!? XD
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 5:21 AM
Are there any witches in her family tree?
Scholar
#4 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 6:45 AM
Occults have an occult trait as well as an Occult status. For witches the conjure apple and talk about magic or enthuse about magic or broom is related to the witch trait and the other spells are related to the witch occult status. If your witch got the witch trait without the occult status then that's a glitch maybe caused by the mod or it happened without any interference. I know this from working on my Enhanced witches mod.
Use Nraas MC to turn her into a witch if you want a full witch or turn her into a witch and then human if you want a full human.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 7:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Are there any witches in her family tree?

No witches

It's because of a mod that unhides traits. Spellcaster ability is a hidden trait that witches have. I don't really want to change her back, I want to know if it will break the game to keep her as a nongenetic witch
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 7:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace
Occults have an occult trait as well as an Occult status. For witches the conjure apple and talk about magic or enthuse about magic or broom is related to the witch trait and the other spells are related to the witch occult status. If your witch got the witch trait without the occult status then that's a glitch maybe caused by the mod or it happened without any interference. I know this from working on my Enhanced witches mod.
Use Nraas MC to turn her into a witch if you want a full witch or turn her into a witch and then human if you want a full human.

According to Nraas MC she has the occult status of witch while still being human.
Scholar
#7 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by faerytech
According to Nraas MC she has the occult status of witch while still being human.

In that case try using the remove occult status option to remove the occult status and then change her back. Or you can also remove the trait using Nraas MC. I forget how that was done @igazor would know.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Site Helper
#8 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 2:44 PM
You would need the cheats module,
Then it's Sim: Intermediate: Occult Remove (and Occult Add is right there as well.)

And yes, I think you probably should remove it before putting it back. (And you should DEFINITELY put it back! The possibilities in a girl who has magical talent in a household of ordinary people would be too much fun!)

(I don't know for certain, so this is just speculation, but I was thinking it's possible that the listing of "human-female" means that she's not a cat or a horse, while the Occult Status is what was defining her as a witch. If you take it away, then put it back, and it still looks the same, I wouldn't worry.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 5:30 PM
Mudblood eh?
Are you using NRAAS SP or EA's SP? Sometimes, thar be witches.

Sims are better than us.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Mudblood eh?
Are you using NRAAS SP or EA's SP? Sometimes, thar be witches.

I don't understand the question...

Nevermind, it's early and I'm slow. I'm using NRAAS
Forum Resident
#11 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 11:18 PM
My game did this to me before. I had the EA storyprogression witches box checked, and it made my active sim I was playing a witch. It definitely was a glitch in my game since neither parent or grandparents were witches. I had no occult mods in my game at that time, just my regular NRAAS mods and my regular CC.