Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2019 at 2:57 PM
Default Any theories/headcanons you'd like to share?
I have a few theories or headcanons about certain characters (not Bella Goth, I've decided on one theory so I don't go insane with her)

PSP: Emily Emory

PC: Olive Specter and Nervous Subject
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th May 2019 at 3:11 PM
Olive never really struck me as maternal. I don't think she was necessarily that neglectful - but being scared by ghosts every night probably left Nervous with a few low motives. I really like to think he had a different name, I was really disapointed in Sims 3 when he appeared as a toddler... still called Nervous subject. Who knows. Maybe Olive actually sold Nervous to Circe & Loki as their own personal test subject.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th May 2019 at 3:38 PM
Oooh, that's kind of interesting to think about... I've always seen Olive as having this almost obsessive love for the Grim Reaper, so I sorta like the 'neighbor called the cops and said he was abused' theory. I can't imagine anyone selling their kid to be a test subject, but hey, people do.
Theorist
#4 Old 9th May 2019 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PastelSkulls

Never played Sims or Sims 2 on PSP so have no idea' bout her or any of the others you listed in your other thread

PC: Olive Specter and Nervous Subject

I've played ST a few times and I do change Nervous Subject's name. Even though he has no personality points he doesn't come across as bein nervous to me so his name imo (and sorta keepin with the name of Nervous) is Neville. As for a last name since he has no memories of Olive or bein related to her I'll usually give him a generic last name as if he'd been put up for adoption. Once I even named him Neville Orfan (Orphan).

I do have a few head cannons 'bout PV playables. One is 'bout why Bella would marry Mortimer.
In goin by the ages given for Mortimer and Bella I have it that Bella is nearly 20 years younger than Mortimer.
Mortimer havin grown up an awkward, geeky introvert who spent all his time with science books and lacked grace and charisma to talk with women spent all his time in the pursuit of the one thing he was confident in... his science career. Bella was in her late teens when an arrangement was made between her parents and Mortimer. Mortimer helped the Bachelors out (maybe financially.. or somethin) and he'd marry Bella. Bella, bein a romance him, certainly didn't wanna marry, but she especially didn't wanna marry a man nearly old enough to be her father. However, bein a dutiful daughter when she marries Mortimer after goin to college. (I have more on this... but this is the gist :D)
Alchemist
#5 Old 9th May 2019 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
One is 'bout why Bella would marry Mortimer.
In goin by the ages given for Mortimer and Bella I have it that Bella is nearly 20 years younger than Mortimer.
Mortimer havin grown up an awkward, geeky introvert who spent all his time with science books and lacked grace and charisma to talk with women spent all his time in the pursuit of the one thing he was confident in... his science career. Bella was in her late teens when an arrangement was made between her parents and Mortimer. Mortimer helped the Bachelors out (maybe financially.. or somethin) and he'd marry Bella. Bella, bein a romance him, certainly didn't wanna marry, but she especially didn't wanna marry a man nearly old enough to be her father. However, bein a dutiful daughter when she marries Mortimer after goin to college. (I have more on this... but this is the gist :D)

I thought something like this, too, but then I saw a remake of Sunset Valley where we see Mortimer and Bella growing up together as children, so now I think Mortimer being older is just meant to show that Bella disappeared (and, I guess, stopped aging) some time ago.

I don't think this is part of any Maxis story, but in my stories, the Genie is just one of the "gypsies," the Vadoma clan. Many of them are carnies, something like the show, Carnivale. The "genie" and many of the clan have a skin condition that they exaggerate and use to pretend to be magical beings, but it's just a carny ruse.
Scholar
#6 Old 9th May 2019 at 6:35 PM
My head canon for Olive and Nervous (at least in a previous hood; I haven't added Strangetown to the current hood yet) was that Olive sent him to be raised anonymously by the Beakers after General Buzz tried to murder her and her son. They happened to be out at the time, and it was Ophelia's parents who were killed instead. IIRC, his real name in that hood was Joseph Grimsson, which he took to using again after Buzz was convicted and jailed. Olive, in that hood, was a hospice worker, not a murderer; Nervous lived in the Beakers' basement because he preferred it, and they didn't experiment on him, although he liked to experiment for himself.
Test Subject
#7 Old 10th May 2019 at 12:17 PM
I have a headcanon about Don Lothario!
I think he isn't stupid, and neither that naive to fall victim to the Caliente sisters, it's like...ok, he is a Casanova that would do anything to have a woman, but it's like the Caliente needs him for some reason beyond the fact that an accomplice was needed to make Bella Goth disappear...
I like to think that the Caliente want to experiment with him to give him some alien DNA ...in short, Don likes wooho, he would be a good pollinator

A second headcanon I have is about Brandy Broke.
I believe that she's not so pure and innocent, that she's the true Skip's killer.
playing with her I always had the impression that she was a bit...unstable, that her innocent little face made me imagine the possibility that she had a double personality or that she had killed Skip because she's tired of living in poverty...
Scholar
#8 Old 10th May 2019 at 9:48 PM
I have a few theories or headcanons about certain characters (not Bella Goth, I've decided on one theory so I don't go insane with her)

This girl confuses me. I love her, but she's confusing. Why is she a ghost that doesn't float or appear transparent? Maybe she's figured out how to act/look human. Besides, it says she died in 1923... 86 years is a long-ass time to spend all alone in a big house like that with nothing else to do. I tend to wonder how she died.

She mentions that no one stays more than a week due to the ghosts (Nervous and Hazel's 4th husband possibly herself before they both died), So Bella Goth wasn't the only inhabitant before the player character.

Mad Poster
#9 Old 11th May 2019 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Xirem26
I
A second headcanon I have is about Brandy Broke.
I believe that she's not so pure and innocent, that she's the true Skip's killer.
playing with her I always had the impression that she was a bit...unstable, that her innocent little face made me imagine the possibility that she had a double personality or that she had killed Skip because she's tired of living in poverty...

I don't know that she really meant to kill Skip. I like to think that was an accident by the fact that he possibly had gotten fired that day, and general moroseness sets into his soul, he drinks far too many beers and fell into the pool. Brandi had meant to tell him that she'd removed the ladder because she wanted to make sure the boys didn't fall into it..but she's not all that grieved by his death.
Skip was a problem, just like she was warned about by her parents, but she ignored them. She's realistic about the fact that while his death was very untimely, she could still cope with it, and she did.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Field Researcher
#10 Old 12th May 2019 at 9:51 AM
Dustin is gay and secretly in love with Gordon, change my view.

Jokes aside...I feel like Nina thinks she's always living in Dina's shadow. Don't ask why, but I do.