Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2019 at 9:57 PM
Default Above ground
Hi guys,

Does anyone know how to make certain shoes that require the shoe slider above ground? Example: https://dallasgirl79.wordpress.com/...-heels-recolor/

Thanks .

[I]Some people say that the jewels of our life are our children. I personally think that the jewels of our life are our memories, good and bad each as we go along. ♥
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 16th May 2019 at 2:10 PM
Just make them the usual way but with the bottom half or so under floor level, depending on how high you want them. The slider will lift the sim up so the shoes are positioned correctly.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd May 2019 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Just make them the usual way but with the bottom half or so under floor level, depending on how high you want them. The slider will lift the sim up so the shoes are positioned correctly.

Thanks for that information but that's not what I meant. I don't want to have to use the slider for the shoes so I wanted to bring them up so that they're above ground.

[I]Some people say that the jewels of our life are our children. I personally think that the jewels of our life are our memories, good and bad each as we go along. ♥
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 22nd May 2019 at 3:40 PM
Then you have to shorten the leg between the ankle seam and the foot, just like EA heels. You won't be able to make really high shoes that way that don't look distorted, of course.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Sep 2023 at 4:48 PM
Any tutorial on how to permanently raise shoes/heels out of the floor? I hate the sliders. They are only good if you use platforms on all outfits in all types, even bed if you don't want your sim hovering 6 in off the floor when not using platforms heels.

I seen a video a few days ago, but didn't bookmark it, now can't find it no mater what I type in search.
Instructor
#6 Old 12th Sep 2023 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Romzarah
Any tutorial on how to permanently raise shoes/heels out of the floor? I hate the sliders. They are only good if you use platforms on all outfits in all types, even bed if you don't want your sim hovering 6 in off the floor when not using platforms heels.

I seen a video a few days ago, but didn't bookmark it, now can't find it no mater what I type in search.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/how-to-auto-for-79193293
1-800-cuupid has a tutorial on her blog.
I've also seen someone credit Madlen for a tutorial but it may have been on Discord or a private Patreon post because I couldn't find any other reference to it.
Test Subject
#7 Old 13th Sep 2023 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
https://www.patreon.com/posts/how-to-auto-for-79193293
1-800-cuupid has a tutorial on her blog.
I've also seen someone credit Madlen for a tutorial but it may have been on Discord or a private Patreon post because I couldn't find any other reference to it.

Thanks, this is the one I seen. I was worried I would not see it again.. Hope I can get this to work..
Test Subject
#8 Old 13th Sep 2023 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Romzarah
Thanks, this is the one I seen. I was worried I would not see it again.. Hope I can get this to work..

Oh well, I was using this tutorial yesterday, now there is a popup blocking it like a stone wall. I do not have accounts on any of the required things on the popup, and tried to setup a twitter from the popup and found it's links did not have a create account, now when I go to twitter home page to create the account, it blocks me saying my email is used. No way now for me to work on the shoes, might as well trash them.