Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 4:00 PM
Default Maxis Match Road Overlays
Because I have to play with shaders off and can't use any lightning mods anymore, I am looking for Maxis match road overlays.

I would love to have a road overlay without the grass part between street and sidewalk. Just any street with maxis match sidewalk. Like these ones by DreadPirate. Sadly they need the radiance mod and look way too bright without it.

I have also tried these ones by Peppermint-Ginger. But the gasp between street and sidewalk needs to be filled by hand. And the desert and concrete versions are using concrete as sidewalk, and not the original Maxis ones.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 5:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BinahLaGoaty
I would love to have a road overlay without the grass part between street and sidewalk. Just any street with maxis match sidewalk. Like these ones by DreadPirate. Sadly they need the radiance mod and look way too bright without it.

Maybe I could edit them for you so they match EA's lighting? :^)
Meet Me In My Next Life
#3 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 8:12 PM
@BinahLaGoaty Check this out maybe you can use this, this is the creator second road, I use his first road mention in his post (link is near the bottom in this post of the first road ) the only different is in the road color one is gray and the one I use is black.
I love then both. http://modthesims.info/d/581510/yel...halt-roads.html

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Alchemist
#4 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 8:38 PM
Just wondering, are you turning shadows off because of black squares, because you might find this works for you if you turn shadows back on and add it instead?
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=569585
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 6:57 PM
@vegan_kaktus Oh, you would do that for me? Really? I'll make a sim named Vegan Kaktus to be the first one ever walking on the new street. :lovestruc

@Simonut Thank you, it is a great recolor. Not excactly what I'm looking for, because I want one without the green part between road and walkway. But I'll give it a try.

@Sunrader No, it is because of the pink flashing. My game was fine until a Windows 10 update in november 2017. I tried everything I could find, but turning shaders off was the only way for me.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 8:11 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 23rd Aug 2019 at 6:11 AM.
@vegan_kaktus Oh, you would do that for me? Really? I'll make a sim named Vegan Kaktus to be the first one ever walking on the new street. :lovestruc

Absolutely! I can try at least :^D haha that's so cute :lovestruc which version do you want me to edit? (V1, V2 or V3) Perhaps I could do them all, if it isn't too complicated!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 11:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vegan_kaktus
which version do you want me to edit? (V1, V2 or V3)

Version 1 would be great.
And if it is not too compicated, all 3 versions would be nice too. Maybe there are more people who would like them?

I am so excited, if it will work... :-)
Forum Resident
#8 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 12:27 PM
Version 1 would be great.
And if it is not too compicated, all 3 versions would be nice too. Maybe there are more people who would like them?

I am so excited, if it will work... :-)

I'll start with V1 and if it isn't to complicated I'll do the others as well! :^D

I haven't seen EA lighting since 2017-ish since I've been using DreadPirate's lighting mod, I'm actually kind of excited to see how it looks lol
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#9 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 2:59 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 7:03 PM Last edited by BinahLaGoaty : 25th Aug 2019 at 4:17 PM.
@HugeLunatic Oh... you are fantastic! Thank you. :lovestruc
From now on I'll place a flamingo on every lot.

edit:
There is a little problem with the roads. As you can see in the picture , the endings are still showing the original Maxis version. (Curious and Beaker in Strangetown)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator