Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 4:18 PM
Default Updating a mod.
I would like to upload a patched version of the abandoned mod "San Myshuno: Become Human" It has been broken for almost a year and the author has not posted either. According to MTS policies, I should be able to pick it up.

My question is this: If I upload the patched version, should (can) I use the existing images on the old page on my new one? Or should I design my own new images?

I think it would be better to use the existing ones since that's what users are used to seeing.

Thanks.
Advertisement
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 8:13 PM
As long as the original creator doesn't have any policies against using their images (which would be highly unlikely), you are allowed to use them in your update

Tip: Be sure to check that the original creator hasn't been active on the site for at least one month before you upload, or it will automatically get rejected as this is a non-minor mod. You can do this on their profile page by clicking on Signature and more... Otherwise, you just need to get permission from the original creator and make sure to mention that you've done so in the description when you upload.

Simmiller
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmiller
As long as the original creator doesn't have any policies against using their images (which would be highly unlikely), you are allowed to use them in your update

Tip: Be sure to check that the original creator hasn't been active on the site for at least one month before you upload, or it will automatically get rejected as this is a non-minor mod. You can do this on their profile page by clicking on Signature and more... Otherwise, you just need to get permission from the original creator and make sure to mention that you've done so in the description when you upload.

Simmiller

Looks like it'll have to wait then. They never fixed the mod, haven't posted in a year and hasn't responded to my PM, but their last "activity" was last week.

Thanks anyway.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 12:26 PM
Hi @gettp !

Actually, the guidelines says this:

Quote:
The original creator must have been inactive for a period of at least 1 month and has not stated when they will be returning (for vacation or personal reasons, etc.) This period of 1 month is counted from the last date the original creator has actively posted on the site.

And since they've never specifically stated they were on holiday and posted almost a year ago on the site, it's good to update it and upload!

The reason why it's "last time posted" rather than "Active/online" is mainly because not everyone knows that you can download things here without an account. So a creator can be retired but still be checking out the site!
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#5 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 4:57 PM
Changed thread category to Solved/Answered