Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 3:29 PM
Default The Subways
I'm sure I've missed a few but here are some of the key areas I put NL subways. Others might not need them in places I have them as my subways are going to where my sims live in the outskirts as well as some by community lots in the towns center.

Potzdam Platz
Calliope
Grape Street
Terratz Platz
Tennor St
I have a farming family in the farming area and have a subway there kind of camoflaged.
School for the Gifted
Foundation Park
The Collonade
The Pool House
2 in the Palace Road area
a few subways in the Posterior Road (Garden)area
Jane St

Not sure if I mentioned earlier I have left the main area where the buildings are themed alone except for some of them I removed everything inside and have the shell. To me, that area is too pretty to mess with the appearance. I'm going to put University Rugs in one of them.
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 8:23 PM Last edited by tizerist : 5th Jun 2018 at 12:39 AM.
Yep. Thumbs up from me. I was gonna suggest that exact idea with the tall columns but thought against it, lol. A few picnic tables may also help. The statues are perhaps too oriental though. It's the China one right? There’s better in-game options than those.
The long path creates a great view (but there is a tear in the path!!) , connecting the two main highlights on the map. A job well done :D

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 7:18 AM Last edited by Koubo : 2nd Jul 2018 at 2:54 PM.
Hey all, sorry about the delay, work has been (and will be) a nightmare. I'll post a new version of the world in the next week for ya'll to take a glance at.

Just a couple of updates, @barbarat thanks again. I've added some more subways throughout the main town for functionality. They're mostly located in the basements of the blue apartment buildings. The general transportation idea that I am working with is two tiered: the subways connect the palace to the town and are for inner-town-transportation; the LLAMA boxes are for travel throughout the palace buildings/gardens. The LLAMA box and Subway are connected in the basement of the palace.

@tizerist I'm not sure what's up with the tear. I noticed that after posting the picture, I think it's gone away now, but for some reason it renders on higher graphics settings and disappears on the medium to low end of the graphics spectrum. The one problem that I'm having now is that the path is rendering two images from afar and from slightly closer. From afar, it looks like an old un-flattened version of the road. From slightly closer, it renders properly as flat. Does anyone have any idea why that is/how to fix it. It doesn't make very much sense to me that it would render two different ways. I've attached images below:
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 6:13 PM
Quote:
Just a couple of updates, @barbarat thanks again. I've added some more subways throughout the main town for functionality. They're mostly located in the basements of the blue apartment buildings. The general transportation idea that I am working with is two tiered: the subways connect the palace to the town and are for inner-town-transportation; the LLAMA boxes are for travel throughout the palace buildings/gardens. The LLAMA box and Subway are connected in the basement of the palace.

I don't think I mentioned this earlier: The LLAMA and subways in the same world may cause routing problem and/or crashes. I removed all the LLAMAs and just using the LN subway and those work fine except for when they are underground and many sims are trying to access. Routing/congestion even though they were placed with plenty of room (3 tiles on all sides).

This might not be the same for everyone but thought it might be worth mentioning.

I really love what you have done with this world and looking forward to trying out your next edition. :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 4:11 AM
It's a wonderful world of Versailles
Can you do without a steel tower and communication tower?
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CandicePinky
It's a wonderful world of Versailles
Can you do without a steel tower and communication tower?

Hi CandicePinky - You can move or delete those objects by going into Edit Town and click on the World Editor button.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 7:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Hi CandicePinky - You can move or delete those objects by going into Edit Town and click on the World Editor button.

Thank you

I attempted to delete by Edit Town in the game, but they were outside the Lots and could not be deleted.

Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CandicePinky
Thank you

I attempted to delete by Edit Town in the game, but they were outside the Lots and could not be deleted.

Because you have to use the Edit World tool WHEN you are in Edit Town. To the left of your screen, lower corner
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 2:55 PM Last edited by CandicePinky : 16th Jul 2018 at 4:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Eira_Karanir
Because you have to use the Edit World tool WHEN you are in Edit Town. To the left of your screen, lower corner

It is amazing!
I was able to delete it.
I have not known the function until now.
barbarat&Eira_Karanir Thank you for teaching me

By the way, is it possible to change or delete the road?
Theorist
#35 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 7:32 PM
Roads, no.
Only by taking the world into CAW.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 4:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Roads, no.
Only by taking the world into CAW.

I understand.
Thank you
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 4:58 PM Last edited by mrdione : 1st Aug 2018 at 12:06 AM.
The world is absolutely beautiful especially in autumn. The palace (which is the most beautifully decorated building ever) lagged the heck out of me and froze my game so I may go through and delete some of the decor to lighten its load and I wish that there were a few empty 40 x 40 lots in the center of town around the main road where most of the identical buildings are. I was hoping to swap some of them out with some of the late night highrises but the lots are all too small -but all - in - all, I give you two thumbs up. It's literally breathtaking .
Test Subject
#38 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 7:03 PM
just awesome
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 10:48 PM Last edited by mrdione : 31st Aug 2019 at 1:43 AM.
So I had to reinstall all of my custom content including this world and I used delphy's dashboard to check for problems and the custom content download is corrupt Apparently there was some bad cc used in the creating of this amazing masterpiece so please take another look at the cc file (the one called ModBUILD0) and remove all corrupt files. I love this world but will not redownload again until this is fixed.

UPDATE! - so i read back through the comments and saw that a link to the separated cc files was posted. i am going to go through them all and test them using Dashboard and Custard and try to pinpoint which files are corrupt but in the meantime, the cc link in the original post containing the ModBUILD0 package file should be removed until the corrupt files have been found and destroyed.

UPDATE #2! - So far, I have found that the files called:
Royal Baroque Wall Panel Piece cause issues. Numbers 4-7 should be deleted or fixed.
Also, the file called Versailles Two Story Wall Panel Top Right was problematic
Good News: Most of the (numerous ) painting files seem to be fine. And most of the actual building files are safe, so cleaning out the corrupt/conflicting files shouldn't dramatically change the look of the buildings..
Test Subject
#40 Old 26th Mar 2023 at 4:43 AM
Hi!! I downloaded your rendition of this world but I can't open the main palace building lot. My computer can't handle it because there are too many items for my computer. I would really love to play your world but I can't even delete items at all from that lot cause I can't open it. I noticed there are like 4 stories of basement area. I think if the entire basement part is gone, that would do it. I know it might be too much of a hassle for you but would you help me with this? Could you open that lot and delete the basement part and share maybe just that lot? Thank you!!!
Page 2 of 2