Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 4:52 AM
Default Starting over
So few days ago i posted about having too many townies, and i realized that i don't have clean hoods, and many things i did wrong(story wise, deleting a grave...) so this time i want to do it right. So what will i need? I guess this clean hoods, but from testing i still got the bin families from Eps. So i guess i also need this so get rid of them. But if i get them, will i still get witches, garden club members and hobby people(don't know what they are called). or will i need to spawn them my self.As far as mods go i know i need notownieregen, antiredundancy, nostrayrespawn, nodormieregen. Any other mods and any tips for me?

I need a cigarette
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 4:57 AM
These are the newest clean hoods. https://meetmetotheriver.tumblr.com...lates-rerelease
If you don't want the bin families, etc., then you need to disable your stealth hoods. You can add empty ones, but you can also just disable them. except for FT and AL.
Screenshot shows the no-regen/anti-corruption type mods I have. The No Sim Loaded is only modified for my own use. It's not available that way normally.
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 5:05 AM
Sorry for being that person but how would one disable stealth hoods?

I need a cigarette
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 5:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MeltingMagnetz
Sorry for being that person but how would one disable stealth hoods?

What you linked to, Clean And Empty Stealth Hood Templates. Replace each maxis template with Jawusa's templates. I recall having to find a couple of others that she didn't include. I might have found them on MATY.

Make sure to have No Unlink on delete + Smarter EP check
No Unlink on delete and No Corrupt death
The bat Box
Also suggest the Simblender and the Stuck object remover

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#5 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 5:25 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 25th Aug 2019 at 6:14 AM.
Meetme2theRiver has instructions, but it's simple. https://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/123004.html You just rename the folders they are in in the program files.

Here's an example of how I do it. This one is for the Bon Voyage stealthhood.
I actually have two NeighborhoodTemplate folders. One has Empty stealthhoods and one is the original. If I want nothing to load, I rename them as shown. If I want one of them, I rename that one to NeighborhoodTemplate.

If you use UC, I can post shortcuts to all of them that will save you searching for them.
Screenshots
Scholar
#6 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 5:56 AM
As someone who just recently returned to the game and made a new start as well I advise you to remember to back up often while you are setting things up. I use all empty templates as I don't want any Maxis sims at all. I made a few common mistakes in building my hood and had a few false starts that crashed and burned. It would have been so much easier to start again if I had made a back up at every stage. As it was I had to start all over and once again make my townies/dormies and sims along with editing lots to my liking until I finally remembered to make a new back up. Now if I crash my hood and want to start over completely from scratch I have an intact hood complete with all townies/dormies extra and I would only need to make some playables to get started. I also back up regularly in the hood I'm playing but it doesn't hurt to know I have that clean complete hood all set to go if I need it.
Theorist
#7 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 6:08 AM
Before I did any changes to the Program file hoods I copied them all and added Original to the end of the name. This way I always have a safe back up copy should anything go wrong. I did the same w/ the stealth so it was easy to distinguish between the two. Once I put the stealth hood in the right SP then I'd rename it correctly deletin the ending part so the game would read it.

Have you tried playin w/ Marka93's beginning hoods? He also made them as shoppin so you can make your own beginnin uber hood. You can pick which hoods you want and play them from their very beginnin and go whatever way you want. Follow the Maxis storyline ... or make up your own...

Which ever you choose enjoy your new hood
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 2:06 AM
I decided on disabling all of them since i do like the concept but i don't really use them. I got Pleasantview with no townies and made my own, i dod't know how many the games spawns but i made around around 40, but very detailed townies, i Still wanted to keep some aspect of maxis and since i love downtownies i kept them with the subhood. I think i am already loving this hood much more. Thanks for making it more clear

I need a cigarette