Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2024 at 1:38 AM
Default more defaulting issues
Hi!

I've been making various defaults for NPC outfits, most of them are fine.

Current issue is defaults for the uni Coach outfits. My recols look normal in CAS and on playables, but the default version has something weird going on - skin texture showing on the EF skirt, and around both EF and EM necklace areas.

I tried importing the images as DTX3 and DTX5, no change to the problem.

Is there something extra I should put into the package? Files attached if you want to have a look inside.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  EU-DefaultCoachesBlue-SkinWeirdness.7z (427.8 KB, 1 downloads)

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th May 2024 at 5:22 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 12th May 2024 at 5:35 AM.
If you use alpha-editable parts that should have a cutout function, those parts need to be in a group set to "SimStandardMaterial" in the "cMaterialDefinition" tab in the TXMT.

If it's set to "SimSkin", all parts that are black in the alpha show skintone.

To make the alpha show properly, you also need to change this for the alpha group:
stdMatAlphaBlendMode: blend

(If you're using Milkshape, make sure the mesh group also has a higher opacity than the Body group in the comments).

In your case, change the parameters in the "..bodyshaman_alpha" TXMT (leave the "Body" TXMT alone).
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th May 2024 at 7:27 AM
Thanks for replying!
I don't use Milkshape, so I have no idea about opacity.
The images I have used don't have any black background - they are .pngs with transparent backgrounds.

Update:
At first, changing those values didn't work - but then I made a whole new file, and this time 'SimStandardMaterial' and 'blend' did the trick. Thank you!

Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th May 2024 at 9:13 AM Last edited by aelflaed : 23rd May 2024 at 5:45 AM. Reason: fixed itself?
Default Blue Nannies - probably okay now
And, in today's "whatcanIbreak" news, my Pleasantview nannies are flashing neon. They should be navy blue.

Hilariously, the only thing not neon is the alpha deco...at least I've learned something, right? But it's the deco for the wrong nanny...

I had separate defaults for Nanny and NannyAlternate, but the original nanny wouldn't work, so this time I tried a combined file - same issue. The original nanny flashes blue, whether on her own or in the combined file. The Alternate nanny outfit seems fine (I looked one up in Veronaville).

It looks like I've got some bits mixed between nanny and alternate, but I've searched and searched all the instance numbers etc to see what is conflicting, and I can't find it.

Maybe someone with a fresh set of eyes can spot the problem?

EDIT: the problem seems to have vanished, once I let the nannies go into Live mode.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  AE_Nanny-AlternateCombined-Default.7z (324.0 KB, 1 downloads)

Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd May 2024 at 5:43 AM
Default Next defaulting problem...
Here we are again...this time it's the cheerleaders.

The actual defaults are working fine! Standalone recolours I've made of the csShaman outfits are working fine. The EFcsShaman I used for the Coach defaults is fine (now that I know how to set the alpha).

But with the YFcheerleader defaults in, the original csShaman outfits pretend their alpha isn't set properly, and show skin underneath the decoration. I've rebuilt the files about six times each, extracting all the bits over and over again for new files, and the problem persists. Something obviously isn't right.

Uploaded: an example pic and one of the (many) offending files for your perusal.

Thanks for looking!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  AE-YFCheeerBlack-Default-csShaman-BreaksOriginalAlpha.7z (194.5 KB, 2 downloads)

Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd May 2024 at 8:29 PM
Try adding these to the alpha TXMT:

stdMatAlphaRefValue: 127
stdMatAlphaTestEnabled: 0
stdMatAlphaMultiplier: 1.000000

Can't promise anything, but they could potentially help.

If you find the Blend setting isn't working, you can try setting it to "none" + set the "..AlphaTestEnabled" to 1. It's cutout-type transparency (but if Blend isn't working, this one might not work either)
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th May 2024 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Try adding these to the alpha TXMT:

Sadly, none of that worked. Tried them separately and together, no change.

Perhaps it isn't my file that needs tweaking, but the original?
I did start with the Uni version of the shaman mesh, but it was no better.

Any other ideas, or do I just have to find a different mesh for defaulting?