Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 9:36 AM
Default Don Lothario Baby Daddy. Why?
Ok, I've got to say it. I have been amazed at the amount of posts I've seen regarding simmers wanting and getting Don to father their sims babies. Why? What on earth is the attraction?

Is it because he's easy?

He does nothing for me, so I really need to know, what's this sleaze bag got that I'm not seeing?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 12:30 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 15th Nov 2014 at 6:32 PM. Reason: I lack sleep and accuracy
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
Ok, I've got to say it. I have been amazed at the amount of posts I've seen regarding simmers wanting and getting Don to father their sims babies. Why? What on earth is the attraction?

Is it because he's easy?

He does nothing for me, so I really need to know, what's this sleaze bag got that I'm not seeing?
I'm with you, he does not have that sort of appeal to me at all. My guess is that people like to do that because he's a known womanizer (Lothario), because his story puts him in the Caliente house and suggests he's at the center of the three females' attention, and his Sim is physically sort of cute. They may also be something to the challenge of one guy doing everyone and creating the whole town? I don't know. It's not how I play and it's not overly interesting to me, but I might play him at some point. If I make him a playboy, he will be a failed playboy because that's how I played him in Sims 2. He typically ends up with Brandi Broke and her kids and becomes andadult and a father figure.. Brandi forces him to grow up.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Stupid people are stupid
#3 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 1:07 PM
I like him as a womanizer. In my game he keeps trying to seduce every woman he meets. And he succeeds most of the time.
I got him to father 6 children by 4 different women. I want him to still be a womanizer, just not a very bright one. One that gets tricked by women to get them pregnant.
Theorist
#4 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 4:27 PM
He makes cute kids.
Scholar
#5 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 5:16 PM
I made Don have an actual relationship in my game...MUAHAHAHAHA

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Scholar
#6 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 5:35 PM
Because he's the uber-casanova of the Sims series
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 6:36 PM
Because my Sims find him hawt.

Come read my first Sims story in ages (for TS4): http://msrebeccawest.tumblr.com/
Theorist
#8 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 7:01 PM
Here's a reference to my previous post:
When I first started my current household she had a one-night stand with Don:

She had the baby, and he aged up into a child (never meeting his father because she knew Don was pursuing other women):

He's pictured here with his (at that time) soon-to be step-father Ayden, also another good baby maker!
David then aged up to a teen and here he is featured with his current girlfriend, soon to be wife, in their teen years.

And then it was time for his Young Adult life to start, and it started with a bang with his mother tieing the knot. David is pictured in the blue and white tux.

And if you couldn't tell already he makes for a good storyline!
Sockpuppet
#9 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 7:16 PM
My sim is disliked by Don
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 7:45 PM
My sim met Don and they 'clicked', they got close and things got steamy and she conceived. She didn't contact him again, but he did come over to visit a couple of times and when his daughter was born I kind of expected him to go nowhere near her, but he stayed near to her crib and worked his way through her needs and kept her happy. My sim never asked anything of him, when he wanted to visit he could and they had some good times. She would never ask more of him though. I was just astounded at what a good baby daddy he was, visiting without an invite and caring for the baby.
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 10:18 PM
He's a great dad on the game, tbh. Like, when my Sim had one of it's child he simple couldn't stop visiting and caring (and I was sure he wouldn't at all, but, wrong). So that's probably what makes people like this Sim. Nice one, honestly.
Scholar
#12 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 12:54 AM
i thought people were way more obsessed with Selim Benali's genes... at least on Reddit they're obsessed over how attractive his babies are. I've never been into Don myself. Never played him, actually. Maybe back in TS2.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
i thought people were way more obsessed with Selim Benali's genes... at least on Reddit they're obsessed over how attractive his babies are. I've never been into Don myself. Never played him, actually. Maybe back in TS2.

They are now, but Don was base game, Salim came in 2016. This king lost his crown once City Living dropped.

Don always has about a million children in my game. MCCC married one of his (many) daughters to my sim, her family tree was an absolute mess.
He's good for new townies atleast.

FOR THE HORDE
Forum Resident
#14 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 5:33 AM Last edited by Mondenkind : 19th Aug 2018 at 12:51 PM.
The mother of my favourite sim of all times was Don Lothario's daughter and he even tried to parent her although he wasn't a real part of her life... So he'll always hold a special random-baby-daddy place in my heart.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 7:42 AM
Trust fund

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.