Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 6:56 PM
I was going to try this dice-roll but apperently I don't own a dice.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emmyjulia
I was going to try this dice-roll but apperently I don't own a dice.

You don't need to own real dice. There are plenty of virtual ones online.

Rolling two standard six-sided dice:

https://www.random.org/dice/

https://www.randomlists.com/dice

Dungeons and Dragons Dice Roller (roll any number of any type of multi-sided dice)
https://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

Lots and lots of others if you don't like the above. Google came up with several pages of hits.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 8:52 PM
Aspirations are always carefully thought out! For born-in-game Sims, I know from time they are toddlers what their fate will be. If they will go to college, they will be Romance (time to check out future partners!) or Popularity (they will be in Greek clubs). When they have "earned" the right to change their aspirations in college, they can change (no one stays Romance). And no one becomes Wealth in college. Usually it's Knowledge or Family. If a child is mean or shy, they don't become Popularity. If they are really a mess (total slob, mean, or lazy) I will let them want Leasure or torture them by making them Grilled Cheese. Because it is so hard to go through ALL the LTA, I often leave it whatever it rolls: you're a brilliant scientist who secretly wants to be a ballet dancer?..dream on.
To me, this is following RL, & that's what I like

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#29 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 9:27 PM
I picked at random for the first time today because I had really no idea what to choose and I just scribbled the aspirations down on small pieces of paper I already had and picked one. x) Incidentally, one piece of paper got stuck behind the one I picked up, so I decided I'll use that one as the secondary ambition later. And now that the notes already exist and are still lying next to my simming computer, I may as well use them again next time I need them (i.e tomorrow when the next one grows up)

I am Error.
Alchemist
#30 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 8:03 PM
like I told in past threads; aspiration has for the most part been based on personality.
Neat: Family
Outgoing: Popularity
Playful: Fortune
Outgoing+Playful: Romance or Pleasure
Active+Serious: Knowledge
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
You know, I'd be very interested in adding your to my collection, if you ever shared it...

Sorry for forgetting about this, @simsample! Here is the script:

Code:
import sys
from random import sample

aspirations = ["Pleasure", "Family", "Romance", "Knowledge", "Fortune", "Popularity"]

turnOns = ["Cologne", "Stink", "Fatness", "Fitness", "Formal Wear", "Swimwear", "Underwear", "Vampires", "Facial Hair", "Glasses", "Makeup", "Full-Face Makeup", "Hats", "Jewelry", "Blond Hair", "Red Hair", "Brown Hair", "Black Hair", "Alienism", "Gray Hair", "Hard Worker", "Unemployed", "Logical", "Charismatic", "Good Cook", "Mechanical", "Creative", "Athletic", "Good at Cleaning", "Zombies", "Robots", "Plantsims", "Werewolves", "Witches"]

print "Enter the name of the sim: ",
name = sys.stdin.readline().strip()
aspiration = sample (aspirations, 2)
turnOn = sample (turnOns, 3)

file = open (name + ".txt", "w")
file.write (aspiration[0] + "/" + aspiration[1] + "\n")
file.write ("Turn Ons: " + turnOn[0] + ", " + turnOn[1] + "\n")
file.write ("Turn Off: " + turnOn[2])
file.close ()

To run it:

1. Install Python 2.7
2. Copy the script into a file named <filename of choice>.py. Note that it should end in .py, and not .py.txt, which Windows will probably try to make it do. You should set up Windows Explorer to not hide file extensions, and possibly rename the file if necessary.
3. Double-click on the .py file, and instruct Windows to open it with Python. This should launch a console asking you for the name of the sim. When you enter it, it will write a file called <sim name>.txt in the current directory with the aspirations and turn-ons of the sim.

This file doesn't include Grilled Cheese aspiration, may be missing some BV-specific turn-ons, and has Alienism instead of Custom Hair, but you are able to change these things by editing the file in hopefully obvious ways.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#32 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 12:37 PM
Thank you @kestrellyn !

I use python often so have it installed already; going to try this out soon. Thanks for sharing!
Forum Resident
#33 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 5:13 PM
I don't know if my method counts as being random, but aspiration is a pretty important step in my game. I look at the parents and the household the child grew up in, the traits the child has, which parent they favour, their commonly rolled wants, their interests, their general non-documented personalities (which are usually just random ideas I have about them in my head like "X really seems to prefer art to music' or 'X is a tomboy/feminine sim.' Then I choose from there. I feel like each sim is such a complete character that it's never hard to come up with a good personality for them, and aspirations pretty much choose themselves.
Theorist
#34 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 10:48 PM
I mostly use Hook's randomizer or a d6 dice.
Only gifted sims get secondary aspirations.
For turn-ons, turn-off, I also use Hook's randomizer. If not, I sometimes use a dice if needed or I go with what the game gives me.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#35 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 11:38 AM
Oh yes, I forgot about Hook's Random Stuff:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,8253.0.html
This one's totally configurable too.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 12:16 PM
I just roll an ordinary dice It sits on my desk in a little holder for when I need it.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 1:31 AM
It's a combo between their interests, personality and their family. I also try to keep a mental track of how many other Sims I'm playing already have that aspiration but it's not a deal breaker.

Like if their really lazy, not very neat but mostly nice and have a interests in like entertainment, fashion, food, and love animals they are more likely to be a Pleasure Sim.
Page 2 of 2