Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 4:01 AM
Default Rings vs Eyelashes
So I use Kijiko's 3D eyelashes and they usually glitch when you use rings with them. I have found though that it doesn't do that with all rings. I have two pairs of CC rings from different creators, the lashes glitch with one wedding band but not with the other. I have tried looking at the two files on Sims 4 Studio but I don't see a difference in the Category section of the program, which is what I assumed would make a difference in the issue. Can anyone help me out? I'm obviously not a CC creator but I figured I would poke around before bothering the creator of the rings I want to use.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 4:18 AM
When I looked up the eyelashes I see they're categorized as glasses so there shouldn't be a conflict with rings. How do they glitch? If you're seeing the wrong texture on the lashes or the ring, one of them is probably uv mapped to the wrong area and that would have to be corrected. Without seeing the rings you're talking about, that's just a guess.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 4:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
When I looked up the eyelashes I see they're categorized as glasses so there shouldn't be a conflict with rings. How do they glitch? If you're seeing the wrong texture on the lashes or the ring, one of them is probably uv mapped to the wrong area and that would have to be corrected. Without seeing the rings you're talking about, that's just a guess.

Thanks for the quick response! I should have been more specific, this happens when I use the skin detail version of Kijiko's lashes, so I can use glasses as well. The rings I'm having trouble with are by Rusty: this and this. Along with some wedding bands by them as well that I can't find the links for at the moment... but the glitch is that I see the texture of the rings on the lashes.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 9:54 AM
Ah, okay. In the notes for the skin detail eyelashes it says they can't be used with rings because they're uv mapped in the ring space. Unfortunately, any skin detail that uses a texture that doesn't appear directly on the skin has to use a spot on the textures that conflicts with some article of clothing or accessories, and Kijiko chose rings. Since there are different spots for rings for different fingers, that explains why they work with some rings and not others. Again, unfortunately a fix would involve changing the uv mapping.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 10:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Ah, okay. In the notes for the skin detail eyelashes it says they can't be used with rings because they're uv mapped in the ring space. Unfortunately, any skin detail that uses a texture that doesn't appear directly on the skin has to use a spot on the textures that conflicts with some article of clothing or accessories, and Kijiko chose rings. Since there are different spots for rings for different fingers, that explains why they work with some rings and not others. Again, unfortunately a fix would involve changing the uv mapping.

Ah, I see then. Oh well, guess I'll have have to use the accessory lashes when using rings. Thank you so much for the responses! :lovestruc