Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 1:21 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 19th Mar 2019 at 4:01 PM.
Default WCIF - Daya's blue hair and how does this custom hair thing work?
I have a serious crush on Daya, MidgetheTree's sim in Hazel Hollow. Does anyone (or @Radium, of course) know where to find the blue hair she has or if it's available? I love the tousled look it gives her.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 1:57 PM
The mesh is Trapping's 3t2 Side Short. I'm not sure who did the specific recolor, but there are some links to go through: maxis match, Pooklet textures

check out my Simblr. Mostly object recolors.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Siofra
The mesh is Trapping's 3t2 Side Short. I'm not sure who did the specific recolor, but there are some links to go through: maxis match, Pooklet textures

Thank you! I found, I guess, the mesh and a blue color in your links... but, in Bodyshop, it's only the top tousley part, so she still just has a sparse black half scalp thing going on. I don't use custom hair, usually, so don't know how this works. Do I need a scalp piece or... something... yeah, do I need to do something... more?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 11:28 PM
Customs hair works like any other hair, mesh + textures. I would check out the files in a CC free sims 2 folder, see if it works correctly there.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Customs hair works like any other hair, mesh + textures. I would check out the files in a CC free sims 2 folder, see if it works correctly there.

Thanks, @joandsarah77, What's going on here, then?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 12:26 AM
Have you tried it yet in a CC free game folder? My guess is some other CC is clashing with it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 12:41 AM
Do you have a link for the blue recolor?
Could be the blue recolor is an alpha edit, and is supposed to look like that. Hard to say without having the original to look at.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Do you have a link for the blue recolor?
Could be the blue recolor is an alpha edit, and is supposed to look like that. Hard to say without having the original to look at.

Well, I don't know what an alpha edit is, but it doesn't look like that in pictures of sims using the hair, so... I don't know. I'll find the link and add, just a sec.
Link that I used. It, apparently, contains everything else in the world, as well.

https://m.box.com/shared_item/https...4w3pg6ztmibx33r

Do I need to remove all the CC or just all the hair (not much). Is this a 50/50 situtation? Because, if so, I'm thinking some other hair will look just fine, after all. :P
Mad Poster
#9 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 1:07 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 20th Mar 2019 at 1:28 AM.
Alpha edit is when you edit the black-and-white Alpha texture in a Bodyshop project to make parts of a CAS item show or not show (within the limits of the mesh).

The hair does show up, so you're not missing the mesh or the texture.

Bodyshop content is less likely to conflict than objects and mods because when made correctly through Bodyshop they automatically get a unique Group number (the CAS version of a GUID). There's a small chance two items can get the same Group number, but highly unlikely.

EDIT: Found the Nymphy recolors, extracted the mesh and texture, and had a look at it in Milkshape. It's supposed to look like that, the scalp texture (which may be recolored in the other hairs - I haven't checked) has an invisible texture, so it's probably an alpha edit.
Screenshots
Alchemist
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Alpha edit is when you edit the black-and-white Alpha texture in a Bodyshop project to make parts of a CAS item show or not show (within the limits of the mesh).

The hair does show up, so you're not missing the mesh or the texture.

Bodyshop content is less likely to conflict than objects and mods because when made correctly through Bodyshop they automatically get a unique Group number (the CAS version of a GUID). There's a small chance two items can get the same Group number, but highly unlikely.

EDIT: Found the Nymphy recolors, extracted the mesh and texture, and had a look at it in Milkshape. It's supposed to look like that, the scalp texture (which may be recolored in the other hairs - I haven't checked) has an invisible texture, so it's probably an alpha edit.

Ok, well, how do I make it look like this?
http://midgethetree.tumblr.com/tagg...3A-hazel-hollow
Mad Poster
#11 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 2:00 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 20th Mar 2019 at 2:10 AM.
That's a different retexture (all blue), so you may be able to find it as-is.
Possibly here: http://theboldandthebeautifulsims.t...hair-retextures (there's a fully colored green hair shown, so there may be a blue in there, too).
Alchemist
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 2:09 AM
I'll look again. I had that one originally, but wasn't willing to put all of them in my downloads just for one color and the names are not descriptive. I opened a bunch in SimPE and they all seemed to be natural colors. But I'll just put them in and see. Thank you. It's helpful to know what's going on so I know what to look for.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 2:12 AM
I had a look, and there wasn't a blue version, but if you look for unnatural colors of this mesh, you may find it. GoS is a good starting place. You can also try to ask Midgethetree via message/ask, because they're still active.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 2:12 AM
The particular retexture I use for Daya is one I nabbed from here. I don't think it actually exists as a custom anywhere, but you could always extract the textures from the default to make a custom version yourself.

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 2:16 AM
I meant in a cc free Sims 2 folder, don't you have a sims 2 test folder? Not that you need it here since the hair is supposed to look like that, but I find it handy for new large mods or sets that have no picture. Just rename your sims 2 folder and load the game to make a new cc free one.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#16 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 2:27 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 20th Mar 2019 at 3:40 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I meant in a cc free Sims 2 folder, don't you have a sims 2 test folder? Not that you need it here since the hair is supposed to look like that, but I find it handy for new large mods or sets that have no picture. Just rename your sims 2 folder and load the game to make a new cc free one.

It never occurred to me to keep one ready for that. That's brilliant. I will.

Quote: Originally posted by Radium
The particular retexture I use for Daya is one I nabbed from here. I don't think it actually exists as a custom anywhere, but you could always extract the textures from the default to make a custom version yourself.

Thank you! I practically never use other people's sims, but I just really fell for Daya and wanted to invite her to come visit my hood. I didn't expect it to take all these people to help me get blue hair. Thank you for coming to the rescue!

Edit: I figured it out and just recolored a recolor to make it blue and filled in the scalp a little more as well. All good now. Thanks, everyone.