Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 10:04 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Nightlife Patch Woes
I refreshed Windows 10 recently and as a result, have had to reinstall The Sims 2 and its add-ons all over again. So far it's been absolutely fine except for one thing: the patch for Nightlife. I cannot get this thing to install, like, at all. It simply crashes to desktop while updating objects.package, which turns it into a 0kb file. I've tried pulling files from the disc, I've tried reinstalling. Nothing makes this thing work at all, which is strange since all of the other patches installed just fine.

If there was some way to extract the patch files, I'd simply copy them into the directory, but there doesn't seem to be anything capable of handling that. I'm really at a loss of what to do here, and I don't really want to run the game with this single pack unpatched.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 11:41 PM
First, don't update windows unless you have to and make sure auto-updates are turned off.

When your game uninstalled did all the files go? Did you do a manual check for them? If any file was left behind that will give issues with the new install/patch. I had to (with help) go through my registry keys and remove files.

I guess you are using the correct version of the NL patch? There is probably a couple of versions depending on your set up.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 11:01 AM
Yes, all files were gone. I use Revo Uninstaller so all traces of the game were removed.

As far as I'm aware, there's only one version of the patch for Nightlife. I haven't been able to find any other versions.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 11:42 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 24th Aug 2019 at 12:14 PM.
Okay, maybe try replacing the object package with the one-off the disk.

edit: Rereading it looks like you have done this. I'm out of ideas. :/

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#5 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 2:04 PM
If by any chance you have Ultimate Collection, you can try to download it until a certain point where NL files (which are updated in UC) become available and you can copy them from there. I did that with my base game objects.package when I needed to replace it.
Just don't let the UC install.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 4:34 AM
If you use the disc version of the game, have you tried installing the patch with Grumpy loader? I remember having to use that on Windows 10 before I just started using UC version for the convenience.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 9:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by foxmanic
If you use the disc version of the game, have you tried installing the patch with Grumpy loader? I remember having to use that on Windows 10 before I just started using UC version for the convenience.

That did the trick, thanks! I guess it's some issue with having to use to disc to install the patch.