Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 11:31 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default School Bus Won't Pick up Kids!
The school bus no longer picks my kids up to take them to school and it doesn't take them home either. I've never had this issue before and can't seem to find a resolution for my specific problem online.

I currently have 6 kids in my household, 3 are teenagers and the other 3 are children. When the 3 teenagers were children, the school bus picked them up and took them home normally, they were each enrolled in an afterschool activity aswell. After they became teenagers, the bus stopped coming for them and stopped taking them home. The kids don't automatically try to go to school themselves, I've been manually sending my kids to school with the "Go to School" option and manually sending them home once school ends. The 3 of them are also enrolled in 2 afterschool activities each, but they don't attend those at all -- they just won't go and I can't seem to find an option to make them. I still get a notification at 7 AM that the bus will arrive in an hour but it just never comes. I thought the issue would resolve itself once the (other) 3 children started school, but they just had their first day and no dice.

My only ideas as to why the bus is no longer getting them is either because of their celebrity level (the teens are level 4 and the children are level 3) or the map I'm playing on (Moonlight Falls). I know that there are known problems with the school in Moonlight Falls, so I'm thinking this could be a factor? I'm not entirely sure. It could be that neither of these are the issue and it's just glitched for whatever reason, but I think that info is important!

Any help is appreciated! Thank you
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 7:28 PM
Did either the kids or the teens have a field trip scheduled that didn't go off? Like it popped up the box asking if they could go, you clicked yes, but the bus never came during the day to actually take them on the trip? I've had that happen to me a few times and it's occasionally messed up the bus coming to pick them up and after school activities.

If that's the case, try using Nraas' Overwatch to 'clean up situations'. When you select Overwatch from city hall, it will be an option under the 'immediate' menu. If prom is also scheduled to go off, it will clear that out too to so if you are wanting your teens to go to prom, you might want to wait until after.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
Did either the kids or the teens have a field trip scheduled that didn't go off? Like it popped up the box asking if they could go, you clicked yes, but the bus never came during the day to actually take them on the trip? I've had that happen to me a few times and it's occasionally messed up the bus coming to pick them up and after school activities.

If that's the case, try using Nraas' Overwatch to 'clean up situations'. When you select Overwatch from city hall, it will be an option under the 'immediate' menu. If prom is also scheduled to go off, it will clear that out too to so if you are wanting your teens to go to prom, you might want to wait until after.

They've had field trips but I'm not sure if they've ever missed one they were meant to go to. I'll look into Overwatch, thank you!