Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2023 at 4:38 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations
Default Please help I am pulling my hair out
Without warning my game started not installing any downloads through the Sims 3 launcher and this comes up (see picture) I have tried numerous things and have gotten nowhere. EA is next to useless because they don't even bother answering questions so I am hoping that the good people at MTS3 can help.

I have: Uninstalled: EA launcher, Sims 3 (by disk because not even the EA lancher is downloading anything now) and reinstalled everything. I have cleaned files, cleared cache's, made new folders.

Please help.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 22nd Sep 2023 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deeney
Without warning my game started not installing any downloads through the Sims 3 launcher and this comes up (see picture) I have tried numerous things and have gotten nowhere. EA is next to useless because they don't even bother answering questions so I am hoping that the good people at MTS3 can help.

I have: Uninstalled: EA launcher, Sims 3 (by disk because not even the EA lancher is downloading anything now) and reinstalled everything. I have cleaned files, cleared cache's, made new folders.

Please help.

Do not use the launcher for game start, if all disk. Start the game by placing a shortcut to TS3W.exe on desktop, and launch with that.

When installing packages, just drop them into the Packages folder. Use Delphy's tool to convert most Sims3packs to package here . Items such as worlds, simply drop the Sims3pack on desktop and double click on it. The launch window opens and should install that way.

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2023 at 2:48 AM
You and me both, OP. I've heard the problem might have something to do with EA Play settings, but it's hard to confirm. I tried rolling back to previous versions, but I still had this issue, and EA is conveniently doing their darnedst to make sure nobody can go back to Origin.

But I did find a workaround. I was able to log into the in-game Shop Mode (never used it before now) and then use the Downloads Dashboard to directly download my missing content. The Dashboard had a record of everything I'd ever downloaded on every computer since I installed the game over a decade ago. I was able to select what was marked as not installed and the game then properly installed the missing content without an issue. I have no idea if this works with brand new purchases that you've never downloaded, but if you've ever used a piece of content before you might be able to get it back with this method. Good luck!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Sep 2023 at 4:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
Do not use the launcher for game start, if all disk. Start the game by placing a shortcut to TS3W.exe on desktop, and launch with that.

When installing packages, just drop them into the Packages folder. Use Delphy's tool to convert most Sims3packs to package here . Items such as worlds, simply drop the Sims3pack on desktop and double click on it. The launch window opens and should install that way.

Thank you. I have done this. My only problem is that I bought SIms 3 into the future online so I can't download it any other way.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 24th Sep 2023 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deeney
Thank you. I have done this. My only problem is that I bought SIms 3 into the future online so I can't download it any other way.

I never did downloads. It will cost a few $$, but try buying used. I finished TS3... EP's and a couple of SP's with good, and very good conition used on Amazon. If you have an EA (not Origin) base game disk, everything loads to that. Buying twice is something you have to weigh though.

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Sep 2023 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
I never did downloads. It will cost a few $$, but try buying used. I finished TS3... EP's and a couple of SP's with good, and very good conition used on Amazon. If you have an EA (not Origin) base game disk, everything loads to that. Buying twice is something you have to weigh though.

I figured that was probably going to be my only option unless EA actually bothers replying to my question.

Thanks anyway