Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2023 at 9:45 PM
Default A few questions I have about this game.
Hello,
I have a few questions that hopefully can be answered...

1. Is it safe to delete graves in this game?

2. Is there a character file limit for a world or can u play indefinitely (i hope so) without sims getting deleted?

3. Im playing on a windows laptop and for some reason it doesn't matter what world im in (except for isla paradiso which i have been never been able to play in because of all the crazy amounts of lag even with the fixes) sims cannot dive underwater at any diving area, they simply just wont do it. The action continues to cancel out and they cannot go under!

Thankyou
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Sep 2023 at 12:42 AM
Yes you can delete graves (which does takes the ghost with it). In fact, that's an easy way to deal with the "this house is haunted" move-in scenario. For the second, yes you can play indefinitely however the more generations you go, the larger the save file you will have (since the game will keep track of the ghosts- their traits, skills, what they were wearing, etc.) and that will start slowing your game down. Of course you could just keep the graves of people you actually want to have the world keep track of.

I don't have Island Paradise so I can't answer your third question.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 25th Sep 2023 at 2:17 AM Last edited by igazor : 25th Sep 2023 at 2:57 AM.
On (3), do you mean deep diving into the ocean/sea (as opposed to just swimming in it or using a diving board on a swimming pool)? If so, there needs to be an actual diving lot placed on and under the water layers. I don't think any EA worlds have these other than Isla Paradiso and they are anywhere from difficult to impossible to place through Edit Town due to the water not usually being of sufficient depth. To be fair to EA (for a change), IP was the next to last of 11 EPs releaed, so most of the other EA worlds were designed way before this was even a thing.

Some custom worlds that players have made and share come with either functional diving lots already placed or water of sufficient depth so that players can design and place their own.

As an aside, the Steam version of the game comes with a very early developmental testing world that includes a diving lot in the middle of vacant lot full of dirt. Of course it doesn't work because there's no water and most of us just delete the world after poking around for a bit, laughing at how generally unplayable it is and trying to figure out just what EA was using it to test for.