Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 7:02 PM Last edited by rhiamom : 29th Jan 2018 at 7:14 PM.
Default Extracting texture files
Is there any way to extract the texture file from a Sims2Pack? I made a bunch of lovely walls and floors for TS2 that I want to make into Sims 4 walls and floors. Not part of houses, just simple walls and floors made in Homecrafter Plus. SimPE can't open a Sims2Pack, and neither can Homecrafter. It only creates them. EDIT: Okay, it opens Sims2Packs. I just can't figure out how to extract the texture as a .png and not a .
6tf.
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 7:52 PM
Okay. I am in business. You open Sims2Packs using the Tools option in the main SimPE menu. You choose the texture file, and make sure you are in plug-in view at the bottom left of the SimPE window. Then just export the texture file using the export button at the top right of the Plug-in view area on the SimPE window. Hope that helps somebody, someday. Been almost 2 decades since I last used SimPE.

Now cheerfully once more unto the breach I go, learning Sims4Studio...
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 6:35 PM
Default Guess what I am working on
Quote: Originally posted by rhiamom
Okay. I am in business. You open Sims2Packs using the Tools option in the main SimPE menu. You choose the texture file, and make sure you are in plug-in view at the bottom left of the SimPE window. Then just export the texture file using the export button at the top right of the Plug-in view area on the SimPE window. Hope that helps somebody, someday. Been almost 2 decades since I last used SimPE.

Now cheerfully once more unto the breach I go, learning Sims4Studio...

Are the textures you are working game file textures or one you made your self. I am working on extracted textures from the game its self?
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wicked Old Witch
Are the textures you are working game file textures or one you made your self. I am working on extracted textures from the game its self?

Textures I made myself for Sims 2, using Homecrafter. Hence them being in a Sims2Pack.