Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 7:27 AM
Default My TS2 hair conversion it's ok?
Hello, I am trying convert a hair of TS2 to TS4. Watching videos I achieved this.
However, I can't make the hair compatible with hats and I can't remove those shine
¿Someone could help me?

I attach the hair in case someone wants to test it.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  PeloVladimirTumba.rar (1.86 MB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 9:06 AM
There is a Create section here where you may get more help on this.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 11:23 AM
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 3:24 PM
That hard shine is usually caused by a missing bump map, however, all the meshes in your package have a correct link to a game bump/normal map, and I'm not seeing the shine in my game. If you're still having the problem you can try replacing the bump in each mesh with a blank, or use TS4 CAS Tools to do it automatically. (Clone Package Editor / Mesh Properties and Fixers)

I'm seeing a shiny spot on the skin that's caused by the specular. It's not very visible but you can use a blank specular to fix it if you want.

The dark band across the forehead is caused by the shadow texture. You can try editing it or just use a blank one. You may also see some distortion on the skin caused by the bump map not fitting the mesh at the hairline.

It's not compatible with hats because you don't have hat cut meshes. In TS4 hairs have three meshes per lod: a full hair and two hat cuts for the two standard types of hat. You'll have to cut down the top of the full hair mesh to fit each hat cut. The easiest way is probably to clone a similar game hair and export the meshes, edit your mesh to fit the hat cut, and replace each mesh with yours when you import. Exactly how depends on the tool you're using - in Sims 4 Studio you have to make sure each of your meshes has the same cut number as the meshes exported into Blender.
Screenshots

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
That hard shine is usually caused by a missing bump map, however, all the meshes in your package have a correct link to a game bump/normal map, and I'm not seeing the shine in my game. If you're still having the problem you can try replacing the bump in each mesh with a blank, or use TS4 CAS Tools to do it automatically. (Clone Package Editor / Mesh Properties and Fixers)

I'm seeing a shiny spot on the skin that's caused by the specular. It's not very visible but you can use a blank specular to fix it if you want.

The dark band across the forehead is caused by the shadow texture. You can try editing it or just use a blank one. You may also see some distortion on the skin caused by the bump map not fitting the mesh at the hairline.

It's not compatible with hats because you don't have hat cut meshes. In TS4 hairs have three meshes per lod: a full hair and two hat cuts for the two standard types of hat. You'll have to cut down the top of the full hair mesh to fit each hat cut. The easiest way is probably to clone a similar game hair and export the meshes, edit your mesh to fit the hat cut, and replace each mesh with yours when you import. Exactly how depends on the tool you're using - in Sims 4 Studio you have to make sure each of your meshes has the same cut number as the meshes exported into Blender.

I try it Cmar, but it still same... no, now it got worse. Now appears rhombuses around the crest.

I give up

Making conversions is more difficult than I thought...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 8:18 AM
CMAR, CMAR, CMAR!!!!!!!!!!

I was working with other hair and watching others tutoriales for adjusting the mesh and more, and finally I've erased those irritating shadow and specular. Besides, I've adapted the hair for the hats, LOOK AT!!!! I WANNA CRY!!!

However... I try to erase, I replaced the bump for a blank and that horrible shine is not going!!!

On the other hand, but less important, how do I reset the tumbnail? The image of the hair that I used as a base always appears, I clicked on reset and nothing happens
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Prueba.rar (2.30 MB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#7 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 1:55 PM
What 'reset' did you click? To reset the thumbnail you have to go to your Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 4 main folder and delete localthumbcache.package. The game will make a new one when you run it.

Again the shine does not appear in my game and I think it's your settings. Go to Game Options / Graphics, make sure Laptop Mode is not checked, and set Lighting to at least Medium.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 9:13 PM
What 'reset' did you click? To reset the thumbnail you have to go to your Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 4 main folder and delete localthumbcache.package. The game will make a new one when you run it.

Again the shine does not appear in my game and I think it's your settings. Go to Game Options / Graphics, make sure Laptop Mode is not checked, and set Lighting to at least Medium.

Thank you Cmar!, You're right, I set lighting to medium and that shine has disappeared.
I've erased localthumbcache.package and the thumbnail has restarted too.

Yeah, my first hair conversion is ok and working... I wanna cry.
Now Nina Caliente has decent hair hehehehehehe.

I've uploaded a new version which I've changed the blond version of the hair and added the two new outfit categories for seasons.
Now i try adapt this hair for child. :D
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Nina Caliente Hair TS2 Conversion.rar (2.42 MB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 7:30 AM
Cmar, I was trying to make the first hair again, but I have a problem. Now appears a square with colors. Do you know how do fix it?

Thank you! :*
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#10 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 12:42 PM
I can't tell without looking at the package, but it might be a uv0 issue.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 7:30 PM
I can't tell without looking at the package, but it might be a uv0 issue.

I try clicking in "Fix the UV Stitch Data" and didn't work
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Maxis Gel TS2 Conversion.rar (268.9 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#12 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 8:49 PM
The UV stitch data is for uv1 (morphs) and doesn't affect uv0 (texture).

If you look closely at this pic of the hair uv0 map on the CAS part template, you'll see a couple of vertices are above the edge of the image. This is causing them to have a negative uv0 'y' coordinate and in-game it seems to be wrapping to the bottom of the textures and getting a bit of the shoes and tops. You need to lower the uv and hair texture just a little.

Screenshots

Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 8:00 AM
The UV stitch data is for uv1 (morphs) and doesn't affect uv0 (texture).

If you look closely at this pic of the hair uv0 map on the CAS part template, you'll see a couple of vertices are above the edge of the image. This is causing them to have a negative uv0 'y' coordinate and in-game it seems to be wrapping to the bottom of the textures and getting a bit of the shoes and tops. You need to lower the uv and hair texture just a little.

After a few days of rest, I returned again. I could fix that, but now I have another problem
When the right ear is resized, the part of that hair also does it, as if the hair were stuck to the ear. While on the left ear it doesn't happen. How do I fix it?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#14 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 3:28 PM
That's the uv1, which controls morphing. If you look at the pics below of the mesh uv1 on the standard EA uv1 template, one vertex is on the edge of the ear and is picking up the ear morphs. You'll have to move it. Also attached is the complete uv1 template, just rotate it to the correct orientation.
Screenshots

Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 8:58 PM
That's the uv1, which controls morphing. If you look at the pics below of the mesh uv1 on the standard EA uv1 template, one vertex is on the edge of the ear and is picking up the ear morphs. You'll have to move it. Also attached is the complete uv1 template, just rotate it to the correct orientation.

Cmar, how do you open that window in that style?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#16 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 11:29 PM
That's the Milkshape texture coordinates window.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 11:43 PM Last edited by Ivan014679 : 20th Jul 2018 at 1:42 AM.
That's the Milkshape texture coordinates window.

But it does not appear to me like you. :/

I need that window appears me like you, I need to put a texture but you didn't do that :/
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#18 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 4:08 PM
I used the template as a texture so you can see where the vertex is too close to the ears. And make sure you're working with uv1, not uv0. If you're exporting an ms3d from CAS Tools, select uv1 in the export settings.

If you're still having problems please upload pictures so I know what you're talking about.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 8:30 PM
I used the template as a texture so you can see where the vertex is too close to the ears. And make sure you're working with uv1, not uv0. If you're exporting an ms3d from CAS Tools, select uv1 in the export settings.

If you're still having problems please upload pictures so I know what you're talking about.

Can you send me the template here, please? Or How do I get that template?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ivan014679
Can you send me the template here, please? Or How do I get that template?

Oh, Don't worry, I already got it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 12:30 AM
WTF, I've moved that problematic point, after I saved as m3sd, then i converted to simgeom ts4. I put the mesh and now appears me transparent, then I exported that as TS4 format, after I clicked on separated mesh layers with format M3SD to fix the transparency. But in milkshape appears me 119 toplayers!!! That is too much... There's no other way?
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#22 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 2:53 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 21st Jul 2018 at 12:27 PM.
Milkshape can handle only one uv so you have to edit the uv1 by exporting an ms3d with the uv1, edit the uv, then import it in the Mesh Manager tab with the 'Import only uv1' option checked.

If you converted the ms3d with the uv1 to TS4, the conversion doesn't know it's supposed to be uv1 so it became the uv0 and your texture map is messed up. This probably caused your transparency problem.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 11:39 PM
Milkshape can handle only one uv so you have to edit the uv1 by exporting an ms3d with the uv1, edit the uv, then import it in the Mesh Manager tab with the 'Import only uv1' option checked.

If you converted the ms3d with the uv1 to TS4, the conversion doesn't know it's supposed to be uv1 so it became the uv0 and your texture map is messed up. This probably caused your transparency problem.

Cmar, I've fixed that problem with the transparency, but the hair continues attached to the right ear
I've exported the mesh with the UV1 and I've moved, rotated, scaled, I did everything and doesn't work still the same. I've saved UV1 as ms3d and imported it in the Mesh Manager with the "Import only UV1" option checked
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Maxis Gel TS2 Conversion.rar (264.3 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#24 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 5:37 AM
Apologies, it's not the uv1 mapping at all, it's the vertex color. A few verts have incorrect color. You can fix it in CAS Tools in the mesh properties and fixers tab: For Color Standards select Hair, then click the Set Vertex Color button, then commit and save.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 5:08 PM
Apologies, it's not the uv1 mapping at all, it's the vertex color. A few verts have incorrect color. You can fix it in CAS Tools in the mesh properties and fixers tab: For Color Standards select Hair, then click the Set Vertex Color button, then commit and save.

Yeah, The hair now it's ok, only a small issue, I've organized with milkshape the toplayers of the mesh (now only it's have 3 toplayers), and I tried to solve the majority of transparences, now I got this. I can't solve this transparence, although it is not noticeable but I would prefer that there is nothing transparent. Is there any way?
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Maxis Gel TS2 Conversion.rar (268.1 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Page 1 of 2