Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2023 at 10:56 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets, Seasons, Island Paradise
Default Do lots have to be by the road?
In sunset valley, I would like to make a beach house, but along the beach side of the road, you can't place a lot. You can put a lot in the middle of the beach...but it's not snapped to a road. Are there any problems caused when lots aren't snapped to the road? Can npc's still visit your house...like the newspaper kid or mailman? Or what about a car coming to take you to work?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 21st Mar 2023 at 12:59 PM
Because it’s an open world concept, lots don’t need to snap to a road. I’m thinking about lots with parks and ponds, where Sims can still walk to and from. I’m not sure about deliveries and mail though, or carpool. The lots I describe are community vs residential.

goderguy
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 21st Mar 2023 at 1:22 PM
Yes, the mailman and newspaper still visit, the carpool usually stops at the nearest road. And if you have your own car or bicycle then the sim will run to the nearest road and then summon the vehicle to use it as normal.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Mar 2023 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Yes, the mailman and newspaper still visit, the carpool usually stops at the nearest road. And if you have your own car or bicycle then the sim will run to the nearest road and then summon the vehicle to use it as normal.

Ah brilliant! Thankyou
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Mar 2023 at 2:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by goderguy
Because it’s an open world concept, lots don’t need to snap to a road. I’m thinking about lots with parks and ponds, where Sims can still walk to and from. I’m not sure about deliveries and mail though, or carpool. The lots I describe are community vs residential.

Yes that's true. In Appaloosa plains, there is a lot that is a long way from the road. Can't wait to look at my game now!