Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 10:06 PM
Default Returning to TS3, have some questionsuestions
I've heard from multiple sources that TS3 is buggy, but my memory of the game is fuzzy and I don't remember really having any problems.
So I thought I'd ask here about in what way(s) it's buggy.

I fully expect gameplay aspects not working as intended sometimes, so what I want to know about are more serious issues like crashing and if TS3 has hood/game corruption like TS2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
Your game is your game. You do whatever you need to do to enjoy it and don't get bogged down in keeping it pristine. You can't play soccer with a clean ball.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 10:14 PM
If you are returning and playing on the same computer as before it should play the same way as before as the game has not been changed/updated in years. Performance varies player by player. Get the Nraas mods you want again which help a lot.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 3:11 AM
So are there no crashing issues or game/hood corruption?

Quote:
Your game is your game. You do whatever you need to do to enjoy it and don't get bogged down in keeping it pristine. You can't play soccer with a clean ball.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 4:33 AM
Crashes vary from person to person for a multitude of reasons, generally happening after something like installing outdated mods or the game running out of memory. Both of which can be handled. They can still happen, but as long as your mods are up to date and you don't have 50 other programs running in the background while playing, you should be fine.

Neighborhood/Game corruption doesn't really happen in TS3. I'm unsure if any major corruption with the game is possible at all within the game's limits, but regardless it's not like TS2 where just looking at the game wrong can corrupt the game. If it gives you anxiety like it did with me, you should be just fine with just jumping right in. Never had a single problem I couldn't fix for an ongoing save since TS3 was released.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 4:43 AM
Cool, thanks for the info.

Quote:
Scholar
#6 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 10:40 AM
Every game is buggy ts3 is not exception....What about performance...well it depends on several things, like your pc specs, how you optimize game for better gameplay, also mods and cc...Mine's run like a dream, but when it's vanilla. No lag no crashes.
Scholar
#7 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 2:51 PM
I've played Sims 3 (with a few EPs installed) on this PC, which is Win 7 and isn't that great. The game ran fine, though I tended to let it load on the main loading screen for a few minutes on its own because of the mods and CC I had installed. I mostly avoided playing the EA worlds, unless I had ellacharmed's fixes for the worlds installed, and I never ran into many problems. A save might have gotten corrupted, but I cannot say if it was the game or something in my CC. Definitely didn't have the lag issues many players here on the forum complained about at times.

I now play Sims 3 (with all EPs except ITF, and Master Suite SP installed) on a laptop, which runs Win 10, and my main difference is now that loading is faster, even with CC installed. Okay, and it claims I have an unsupported Nivida graphic card, but it still plays just fine. (Colors are maybe a bit different from what I'm used to, but that might be a difference between PC-monitor and laptop-monitor) I have noticed that many even player-built, populated worlds end up giving me "Unrouteable Sim [Name] found" messages many times. Usually the same sim, but that's just an issue with the world itself, I guess.

Basically... game runs pretty much the same on either. Rarely encountered issues that many people have claimed with Sims 3.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 5:08 PM
I've heard Island Paradise gives the game performance issues.

Quote:
Forum Resident
#9 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 6:46 PM
The expansion itself doesn't, as the items that come with it can be used anywhere if placed in whatever world you're playing in. The lag from IP is mostly from the world that comes with it, Isla Paradiso, due to multiple problems with the world itself as created by EA. They can be lessened to make the world playable, a search for "Island Paradise Lag Fixes" should turn up a few suggestions, and ellacharmed's World Fixes are basically a must.

The only two expansions that can be really taxing, and this is just what I've heard over the years as I've never had issues with either, are Pets and Seasons. In both cases, you're adding more for the game to keep track of, so this is probably why.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
The expansion itself doesn't, as the items that come with it can be used anywhere if placed in whatever world you're playing in. The lag from IP is mostly from the world that comes with it, Isla Paradiso, due to multiple problems with the world itself as created by EA. They can be lessened to make the world playable, a search for "Island Paradise Lag Fixes" should turn up a few suggestions, and ellacharmed's World Fixes are basically a must.

The only two expansions that can be really taxing, and this is just what I've heard over the years as I've never had issues with either, are Pets and Seasons. In both cases, you're adding more for the game to keep track of, so this is probably why.

Your words give me confidence, I'll pick up the two expansions when they go on sale, thanks!

Quote:
Scholar
#11 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 7:14 AM
I think you should keep pets turned off in Isla paradiso. like you can get them and you can give them to a few families. But having a ton of animals especially horses running around can hurt.
You can also download custom player made worlds with islands that use island paradise objects and stuff. Those won't have the same kind of lag.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Scholar
#12 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 7:09 PM
I've read over the tutorial on how to use multipart downloads, but I'm still not getting how they work. If I put two files by the same name in the same folder it will just overwrite them, so how do I merge these files?
Instructor
#13 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
I've read over the tutorial on how to use multipart downloads, but I'm still not getting how they work. If I put two files by the same name in the same folder it will just overwrite them, so how do I merge these files?

The file names technically shouldn't be the same, since you have part 1, part 2 etc. Download them all, then rename them to FileName.part1.rar, FileName.part2.rar where the FileName is the same, then you extract just the first. Hope you work it out
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#14 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 7:50 PM
@tunafish- I first learned how to do this when reading the comments on this New Orleans world. It took a couple of times trying but I eventually got that world.http://www.modthesims.info/download...5#startcomments
Forum Resident
#15 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FoxChicken
I've heard Island Paradise gives the game performance issues.

Personally, the only issues I have run into concerning game performance in the world of Isla Paradiso are some trouble lots that the developers did not play test or did not do so thoroughly and my guess is they ran out of time to correct it. Or didn't even bother, I don't know. But originally, I got this information from a poster on TS3 forum to delete certain lots and move the Sims elsewhere. That works for me and I do not have any performance issues with IP except if I'm using mods that is also fighting for the CPU's attention or if I'm recording with ShadowPlay which also uses the GPU and most of my in-game settings are maxed out except for high-detail lots.

===

Isla Paradiso's World Fix for lag/stutter/freezing.

I had the same problem and I solved it. All you ned to do is go to edit town and delete some houses. You need to delete houses of the households below:

Icatcha
Scott
Los Amigos
Medina

If it still lags, then remove those houses as well:

The Romantic
The Prince

Just delete those houses and move sims living in them somewhere else. Or just delete the sims as well.

I hope this helped.

By BlueSpaarkle
Scholar
#16 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 8:14 PM
@fascisthater and @enable_llamas I think I figured it out. What was tripping me out is that when you look in the folders, the file says town.world and I couldn't figure out how to combine all the different town.world files to form a whole file. Then I noticed when I checked the folders after extracting them that the first folder would have a huge file in it and the rest would have ones that said 0 kb in the size column. So I guess it combines as you extract...
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 1:09 AM
my sims 3 game became less buggy for me (to my standards) once I lowered the graphics a bit. my computer wasn't made to play games. it even has a hard time playing the sims 2 with all its EP and SP...
and yes I also suggest you get some mods that you think would improve gameplay on your terms.

22. male. he/him. autistic.
REST IN PEACE JOTARO KUJO. JUNE 2020 - JANUARY 2021.