Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 5:32 PM
Default Applying The Effect Of An Object Simply By The Object Being On The Lot
Basically, what I'm trying to do is make an object to place on beaches that will cause all Sims on the lot to dress in their bathing suits since it looks stupid having people in fur coats running around on the beaches in Bon Voyage. I want the object to make them all change their clothes once they're on the lot without having to click on the object. So pretty much as long as the object is there they'll wear the bathing suits and when there's no object they'll just behave as normal. Is this even possible? If so where would I even start?

I was thinking maybe adding the clothing type to the Int behavior using the 0x0079 Change Outfit primitive would work but I'm not so sure. I'm going to go try that while I wait for a reply. Could be crazy enough it might just work.
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 5:52 PM
I have done something like this with my school "Uniform Setter" at http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...ims2_School.htm (which you are welcome to borrow code from if it is helpful - there is also my beach door that specifically changes sims into swimwear and back). In auto mode it detects whether school is in progress and if so it checks every 5 minutes for Sims the right age who wearing normal clothes and changes them into the uniform. In your case it's simpler, as you just want to bung the sims into swimwear no matter what age or what they were wearing to begin with.

Just put the code in the object's Main BHAV and loop it, with an Idle (150 ticks) which is 5 minutes. Much more frequent checking than that may slow down the game. I suppose there is no need to change them if they are indoors. So check room number is 0.

[prim 0x0079] Change Outfit (Target: Stack Object ID 0x0000,
source: Stack Object,
Outfit: Swimsuit,
Clear GUID pointers in person data fields: False,
Save change: False)

Should get stack object into his swimsuit.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 6:19 PM
Thanks Inge. I'll have a look since obviously putting it in the int was a bad idea since it succeeds in freezing everyone on the lot.

Yeah, I don't see a reason for it to be applied indoors since I think that might cause conflicts with things like the nude potty hack and since I place most showers outdoors on beaches anyways it should probably force them to wear swimsuits while using them as well.