Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

XCAS core mod: more tattoo locations, edit naked outfit, slider hack, body hair, more - update 5/23/16 Steam version added.

by CmarNYC Posted 15th Feb 2011 at 5:58 PM - Updated 23rd May 2016 at 3:53 PM by CmarNYC : Steam support added

1691 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1273 Feedback Posts, 417 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 14 of 68
Test Subject
#326 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 5:50 AM
I see you've already been notified of the new patch 1.29 vs. your Tattoo Mod. I will be anxiously waiting for your update. I've removed it for now. Thanks! (_8{D)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#327 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 12:36 PM
Any news on the update, I love this mod and Im lost without it lol.
Test Subject
#328 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 12:42 PM
My game crashes because of this mod in 1.29. Can't wait to the update Awesome mod, one of my favs!

- { Garmo Architecture } -
I take lots request. Read more here for TS2 and here for TS3.
Test Subject
#329 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 6:34 PM
Oh Thank you for the quick update! I hope Santa brings you everything on your list!!!
Lab Assistant
#330 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 7:21 PM
Thank you Cmar for the fix.

But i have a question must i delete this mod: cmar_TattooNude.package?

Greetings

Harald
#331 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 10:07 PM
Thank you for the quick update, CmarNYC! Love your mod!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#332 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 10:51 PM
Thanks, everyone!

@Rookie: cmar_TattooNude.package makes sims appear nude in the Tattoo and Body Hair screens. If you're using it, keep it. It doesn't need to be updated.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#333 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 3:38 AM
you are so on-the-ball I just got done updating my game and logged on to let you know about the problem and you've already posted a solution. That is why this is my favorite mod (that and the fact that it is way cool) I wouldn't want to play without it.

YOU ROCK!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#334 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 9:56 PM
Thanks! This is awesome! We can now have a proper Vulcan or Elf!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#335 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 10:08 PM
thank you so much for the quick update. This is one of my favourite mods, I love the extented tattoo locations.
Test Subject
#336 Old 19th Dec 2011 at 7:32 AM
Please can you make this mod MTS_CmarNYC_1241247_cmar_XCAS_extras1.26 for the patch 1.29 . I love this mod :lovestruc

And sorry my english is not good

thanks
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#337 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Angie227
Please can you make this mod MTS_CmarNYC_1241247_cmar_XCAS_extras1.26 for the patch 1.29 . I love this mod :lovestruc

And sorry my english is not good

thanks

Thank you!

You can still use cmar_XCAS_extras1.26 for patch 1.29. They do not need to be changed.
Test Subject
#338 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 9:31 AM
thank you very much :lovestruc
Test Subject
#339 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 12:46 AM
This tattoo nude mod makes my all of my sims' everyday clothing randomize, losing whatever I had them set up with. Body hair too.

Otherwise, I like it a lot.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#340 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by carrotsnmysox
This tattoo nude mod makes my all of my sims' everyday clothing randomize, losing whatever I had them set up with. Body hair too.

Otherwise, I like it a lot.

I've never seen this happen, and no one else has mentioned it. IMO it's more likely that another mod is causing your problem, possibly by conflicting with XCAS.
Test Subject
#341 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 1:16 AM
I installed this mod exactly as the instructions said too, and was given an error message saying that my game had crashed because the mod installed did not match up with my version of my game. Since the newest update will not install properly, I couldn't update my game, and instead tried to uninstall the mod. I deleted the .package files and deleted the chache files. Now whenever I start up the sims game and enter "Create-A-Sim", the background turns completely blue and my game crashes. Is there a way to fix this, or will I have to re-install my sims game?

I'm hoping there is an easier way to fix this, as I can't find the case for the base game at this moment...
Test Subject
#342 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 1:22 AM
Would it be at all possible to add tattoo locations for the insides of the arms not just the tops of them, like the inside of the wrist?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#343 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 2:44 PM
@Cryoflostsouls: If you removed all the XCAS packages and deleted your caches, it probably isn't XCAS causing your problems although anything's possible. Please use the MTS game crashing help page to try and troubleshoot your game: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Loading_Crashes

@Robotical: I'd like to, but the tattoos are applied in the game by wrapping them around the body the same way as the skin, and there's a seam that runs along the inside of the arms and wrists. Because of this, you can't have a tattoo in those locations or it will be cut off at the seam. The best you can do is to use the arm or whole body locations and make a tattoo in two pieces which will fit together on each side of the seam.
Theorist
#344 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 4:14 PM
Hi, Cmar! Thanks for this mod. It`s really good foundation! All works for me well until I have updated my game to 1.26 ver. I`ve downloaded new version from here but now core file in Basics mod is not work. Have read notepad file and wanna ask. Maybe I have installed it to wrong location? What "The NEW installation location (in your Documents \ Electronic Arts folder)" means? Maybe it was caused by d3dx9_31.dll? Where can I download it if so? Meh, and sorry for my bad English. =\

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#345 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 11:52 PM
It sounds like you're still using the old location, in Program Files. If that's true, you need to remove all the old CC structure, including d3dx9_31.dll, and set up the new Documents location. Here's the detailed help and instructions including how to switch from old way to new way: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...g_Package_Files
Theorist
#346 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 11:02 AM
Followed all steps and replaced all packages to Documents but this mod is not work in game as well. =( I replaced cache files many times. I haven`t got awesome mod. Removed the HQ-Mod by AWT and it`s still not appearing. Don`t know what I need else to do

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#347 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 1:53 PM
Is other CC working in your game? Did the no-intro and no-build sparkles work when you tested?
Theorist
#348 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 7:35 PM
Yeah, it works, Cmar. All excepting your mod. Both basics and extras I putted in one folder. Extras works but basics is not.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#349 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 5:54 PM
Please forgive me if this was already answered earlier. But the Mod works very well. The only issue I'm having is when I change my sim's outfit to "naked" to edit them. After I'm done with editing them, and change it back to the any other outfit, the sim reverts back to the default. All the sliders I done in their face gets undone. It's really annoying. Is there a way to stop that from reverting? Thanks in advance
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#350 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 2:53 PM
@Victor_tor: Do you get the warning popup when you start the game saying you're using a scripting mod? Have you tried another core/scripting mod to see if it loads - MasterController for example?

@JPMiyuka: I see what you mean. If you have the sim in the naked outfit, go to the looks or general screen and change facial sliders, skin color, etc., go back into clothing and change the sim into any other outfit, the changes you made are lost.

I found if I go into the hair screen after making facial etc. changes and before going back to clothing, the changes are saved. Try this as a workaround, and I'll look into the problem for the next version of XCAS. Thanks for letting me know!
Page 14 of 68