Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 10:27 AM
Default How to make objects disappear in close view?
Hello everyone!

(I'm sorry, I honestly don't know what category to post it in)
I searched and searched and couldn't find an answer! But it might be cause I just wasn't able to find the right search-words for my question (and cause English is my second language). MTS is my go-to resourse with everything sims-related so I hope I will find some help here!

I'm interested in making objects disappear in close view like trees and ceiling lamps do and some other objects, like corner shelf from Seasons EP. Some custom content missing that option and I wonder if there is a way to add it. Because when ceiling lamp doesn't dissappear in close view it literally gets in the way. Thank you!
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 31st Mar 2024 at 2:42 PM
That is a flag called "obstructs view". You can set in functon - init:

My 0x0028 (flag field 2) Set Flag flag# Literal 0x0004

The object will need to be reset to apply this. You can also set this with Charles Object Editor to experiment. It will remain in effect until the object is reset.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Apr 2024 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
That is a flag called "obstructs view". You can set in functon - init:

My 0x0028 (flag field 2) Set Flag flag# Literal 0x0004

The object will need to be reset to apply this. You can also set this with Charles Object Editor to experiment. It will remain in effect until the object is reset.

It's exactly whay I wanted to know! Thank you so much!