Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 4:25 AM
Default Announcing a new Group Creator account
Mentoring for Builders now has a group creator account, M4BCreators, for uploading group collaboration projects. We have our first upload: A Lot For Every Season (base game): http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=605218 and our second one is in the pipeline.

If anyone would like to upload a collaboration project, I welcome and encourage that. I hope this is the start of many projects to come. Personally, working with the two other members, bouncing ideas off each other, seeing a germ of an idea bloom into something way beyond what was originally imagined, has been a wonderful experience. Why not give it a try? If you are looking for ideas, or partners, or both, post here. Let's get 2018 off to an amazing and creative start.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 5:38 AM
Awww, congrats guys on actually making your group! I'll leave that to you Master Builders. Haha.
I love the first lot you all did. It's beautiful!!!
Alchemist
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 8:38 AM
I'll also leave the uploading to you guys. I currently have no motivation or inspiration to build something all by myself, but I hope I can help with some future builds

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#4 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 9:50 AM
I can only second what attuned said - it was a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to the next project!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 3:45 AM
Okay, you guys are breaking my heart. First, @Goldenbtrfly since you are our most prolific builder, I was hoping you would team up with another TS2 builder.
@Johnny_Bravo since you are so versatile, and low in inspiration right now, I was hoping you would team with an eager new builder.
Think it over.

New at Simszoo
Alchemist
#6 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
@Johnny_Bravo since you are so versatile, and low in inspiration right now, I was hoping you would team with an eager new builder.
Think it over.

I could always check if I have any additional ideas, that's a small thing compared to building from scratch like I usually do

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#7 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 3:06 PM
attuned, if another TS2 builder wants me - I'd be honored. Doubtful they would, but I am available!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 2:56 AM
Golden- you are on!

New at Simszoo
Mad Poster
#9 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 2:12 PM
Hey, I love the idea of this. Best of luck to everyone involved.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#10 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 1:08 AM Last edited by SimmyRN : 19th Jan 2018 at 1:19 AM.
Okay, after managing to make a major mess of my first attempt to upload it, the second part of M4BCreators' first group project has been submitted for moderation. It's A Lot for All Seasons ... Festival Grounds (base game and Seasons) - No CC. This project was great fun and I'm looking to more group projects!

This is the current theme:
"Pets! With this new year upon us, we decided that with the recent Pets pack for Sims 4, plus all the increased interest in assorted pets items for the other games as well, it would be a perfect time for something new for our furry little friends. Anything pet related will do Just remember to include your new theme hashtag #petstheme in your uploads, and you will get a shiny new pets achievement sticker at the end of this theme.

This theme will run from January 1, 2018 to February 28, 2018."

Who's up for a group project to make a "pet perfect" house? Or, a cool Dog Park (with, maybe, a bone shaped building) and/or Cat Jungle (with, maybe, a fish shaped building)?
Scholar
#11 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 3:55 AM
Default Pet Town - A Base Game & Pets Only Neighborhood for Our Faithful Companions
I'd love to have some assistance with my Pets Theme project -- Pet Town (name subject to change). It's a town on a medium map, I believe, with a smallish land mass. The fishing hole is in the dog's ear and the beach is at the tip of the cat's tail. I plan to use one of the "multi-rabbit hole" 64x64 lots here at MTS for the majority of the rabbit holes. But, I'd really appreciate help with other rabbit holes and/or community lots. My wish is to use only base game, Pets, and free Store items. So, a park(s), graveyard, gym and/or pool/gym combo, art gallery, horse ranch, dog park, cat jungle, pet store, junkyard (?) are all possible projects. For residential lots, I've downloaded - and have - a few base game and/or base game & Pets residential lots. But, others would be wonderful! Again, with only base game, Pets, and free Store items. (I thought some of the base game houses could be converted to "pet friendly" residences.) Houses with stables are needed, too. Other "essential" lots?

I'll also need help play testing and checking routing, etc. I think I'm pretty much done with the terrain sculpting and painting. (Trying to keep it pretty simple.) I've gone through the routing but more checking is needed. At this point I could probably rearrange some lots or change lot sizes, if need be.

In case it's hard to tell from the picture, most of the roads are grass to keep the illusion of the collars and cat's stripes. I can start a thread for the project to keep everything all together. If you'd like to help, please reply here and I can post a list of the lot sizes. There are some community lots here at MTS that will work, I think, for a few of the community lots. But it would be so much better if they were mostly/all original. Don't you think? Are you up for the challenge? It should be great fun!
Test Subject
#12 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 3:38 PM
This sounds great!

@SimmyRN
I would love to do smth for your world. The cat-dog-shape of the island looks just lovely.
I totally agree, that it would be much better if the lots are all original.
What do you want to get started with/need help with?
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 3:45 PM
Hi Simmy, that island looks adorable! The shape is really cute, well done! What style would you want for the houses? From the picture I count 31 lots - maybe you could include in your list how many (and which type of lot) you can cover already and how many will need to be created in the next 3-4 weeks? Given that testing the world will take some days at best...

Of course I can help testing and checking CAW etc. I'm not sure if I will have time to build much, but I could offer a few basegame residentals if you want to? Of course it's preferable if all lots were originals for this world but due to the limited amount of time this might not be possible.

What I would suggest is to add a second connection in the middle - the streets are aligned already and it will improve routing if sims don't have to go all the way up to go from the lower part of one island to the lower part of the other (hope this makes some sense to you ). And possibly even a third connection at the "South" of the islands. Or maybe only one at the bottom.

Another potential issue might be the lot sizes. Pets require large lots, especially horses. Residental or community buildings on small lots might not be pets-friendly enough (you need 4 spaces in front of a bathtub if you want to bathe your dog, for example). I see only one 64x64 lot. The equestrian center would require a large lot too (50x50 at least, the larger the better). Horse training ground does require a lot of space too.
Scholar
#14 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 2:37 AM Last edited by SimmyRN : 26th Jan 2018 at 2:51 AM.
Great ideas! Thanks everyone! I'm going to swap out some of the trees and flowers for Pets items. (I had to go into my game to double check what all actually came with Pets.) I did some testing last night and have already discovered I'm going to have to rearrange/enlarge some of the lots. I think it would be good to have another connection or two in the island. Thanks, Norn! I will probably also change the two roads on the sides of the 64x64 lot to a different road. I like the cat's "stripes" but It just looks odd to me in game play to not have the lot surrounded by roads that look like roads.

It will be a challenge to get enough large lots. The EA "pony" equestrian center is 40x40. Yikes! I thought they only needed one clear tile in front of the bathtub to bathe a dog. I swear I've done that before. (I tend to play more cats than dogs as I'm a "cat" person.) As far as style, Pets items tend to be "countryish" so traditional/barn/farmhouse might be best. Somewhat like plasticbox's "Wee Barnoid" series.

I was surprised to see that EA had a fire station and salon in their Pets lots. I'll look it up but, does anyone know, did those careers come with Pets? I thought they came with Ambitions. If so, we may have to pass on them to get all the other "essential" lots in there. If anyone has base game residential lots - preferably smallish - that can be "petified", I think that would be fine. I agree we don't have time to do every lot from scratch - even for this little island. I'll work with the lot sizes tonight/tomorrow and start a new thread. I appreciate your assistance!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 5:26 AM
Love this!!! I will build a community lot and a house for sure.

Fire station, salon, laundry, consignment shop, junkyard all came with Ambitions, but they often auto place in a new town if you have the EP. I think the only new lots with pets are the parks, the horse lots, and the pet shop that doesn't work, that not everyone got.

New at Simszoo
Scholar
#16 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 3:24 AM
Thanks, attuned! I sent you a pm. The unique lots for Pets seem to be the equestrian centers, horse ranch, dive bar criminal, dog and cat parks. There's also a salon, fire department, junkyard, and consignment store in the "Pets" section in the bin/library. I was pretty sure the junkyard and consignment store were base game but I couldn't remember about the salon and fire department. (I guess that shows I don't play EA lots/towns much, doesn't it?) My Pet Store works but I think I had to re-download it to get the version with the pet store register. I thought I remembered reading it ended up that everyone who bought the Pets EP was supposed to get the Pet Store due to some typical EA mess up. Maybe not. I'll get a thread started and post lot sizes so you can get started building. I really appreciate your offer to help! Sorry I didn't make it clear that I intended for this to be a M4BCreators group project.