Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 7:45 PM
Default Question about mesh grouping for TS3
Apologies if this has been answered somewhere.

Summary:
I am trying to understand a concept. With a Blender mesh there are bones/group options. I am trying to understand how these break when applied to TS3 models.

Background:
I've completed a couple of Distant Terrains for use with Create a World. I want to get a little creative and add more vertices/faces to create "new" terrain instead of simply remodeling and retexturing an exported base game terrain. I can model the new terrain, create the UVMap and associated textures just fine, but somewhere along the way I "break" the exportability with the S3PE export addon.

It's not a matter of vertice triangulation, I "believe" it has to do with getting the new terrain associated with the bones/groups.

Question:
Does anyone have a suggestion or recommendation on any documentation or walkthroughs regarding meshs and how bones/groups should be applied for TS3?
Advertisement
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#2 Old 27th Jan 2013 at 4:07 AM
This would probably better placed in the Sims 3 meshing section, but what process are you using now to get to the 'breaking' point?

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]