Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 7:21 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Mr. Big Family Tie Woes
Righto, so not really the worst thing I can think of gameplay wise, BUT I've noticed something quite weird with Mr. Big(s), the really wealthy downtownie in the Hugh Hefner gettup. Over different neighborhoods with different blends of (respected) mods, he doesn't quite recognize his children as family. All the romantic options are available on his kids, as well as the family ones. Out of curiosity, I experimented with these interactions. His wife got jealous towards he and their child, but no matter how much I spammed kissing, they didn't fall in love. Now, sometimes I want Mr. Big in my family, or one of my sims heartfarts or ACR makes that decision for me. My question is: will ACR or some happenstance cause him to romanticate towards his child and corrupt my family ties, or my neighborhood?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DameMika
Righto, so not really the worst thing I can think of gameplay wise, BUT I've noticed something quite weird with Mr. Big(s), the really wealthy downtownie in the Hugh Hefner gettup. Over different neighborhoods with different blends of (respected) mods, he doesn't quite recognize his children as family. All the romantic options are available on his kids, as well as the family ones. Out of curiosity, I experimented with these interactions. His wife got jealous towards he and their child, but no matter how much I spammed kissing, they didn't fall in love. Now, sometimes I want Mr. Big in my family, or one of my sims heartfarts or ACR makes that decision for me. My question is: will ACR or some happenstance cause him to romanticate towards his child and corrupt my family ties, or my neighborhood?

I never had this problem so it sounds like you may have a mod conflict or a mod that is doing it to you or even game corruption, there is just no way anyone here can figure it out for you.
It may be just the order your mods are loading.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 12:41 PM
ACR might do that - you can always try fixing the family ties in SimPE - or I think the SimBlender has an option to do that too and you can do that in-game rather than having to fire up SimPE and edit.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Undead Molten Llama
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 12:58 PM
I've made Mr. Big/The Diva playable many times over the years -- some of my Sims seem to be very attracted to them; I wonder why? -- and have never had this problem, so I agree with Mark that something is wrong somewhere, most likely a mod conflict of some kind, especially if the family flags are properly set. (And if the flags are not set, then yes, the Sim Blender can be used to establish them again, without having to fiddle around in SimPE.) If the relationship flags are there, you could try resetting them and see if that fixes it, but I suspect it won't.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
ACR might do that - you can always try fixing the family ties in SimPE - or I think the SimBlender has an option to do that too and you can do that in-game rather than having to fire up SimPE and edit.

ACR has never done that in my games that I used it in, I used ACR for more than 7 years before taken it out and never had any problems with family relationships.
I also don't go overboard with mods either, I just use all the mods to help with game corruption for the most part.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 1:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
ACR has never done that in my games that I used it in, I used ACR for more than 7 years before taken it out and never had any problems with family relationships.
I also don't go overboard with mods either, I just use all the mods to help with game corruption for the most part.

I'm not saying ACR is responsible just answering the actual question whether, if the family flags are not set correctly, that ACR might well initiate interactions between Mr Big and his kids (ugh). I agree with you though that something has likely happened to interfere with the family flags. Flags do sometimes get lost but it's not usually a consistent pattern. Consistent pattern, as you say, indicates something going on somewhere - most likely culprit CC. No idea what might be doing that though (which is why I didn't comment on that part).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 6:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I'm not saying ACR is responsible just answering the actual question whether, if the family flags are not set correctly, that ACR might well initiate interactions between Mr Big and his kids (ugh). I agree with you though that something has likely happened to interfere with the family flags. Flags do sometimes get lost but it's not usually a consistent pattern. Consistent pattern, as you say, indicates something going on somewhere - most likely culprit CC. No idea what might be doing that though (which is why I didn't comment on that part).

It's like the family flag *is set* but it also isn't all at once. I should say the mods I have are the full Director's Cut, No Sim Loaded, and ACR. Should also mention it's Mr. Big alone and nobody else has this issue, at least that I've seen thus far.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 2:06 PM
Set but not set? Is it one-sided - has Mr. Big lost the tags, while his children still have them?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 7:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Set but not set? Is it one-sided - has Mr. Big lost the tags, while his children still have them?

Yes, it would seem so! By set but not I mean he's still got the family options (family kiss, family tree is intact, family icon in relationship panel) on top of the romantic ones. Lightning bolts I *believe* are missing besides pie menu options. It's also one-sided initiation-wise in that the target can accept his advances but cannot be directed to do any of them.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 7:21 AM
How do they appear in each other's relationship panels? Does Mr. Big have the family icon in his portrait in his kids' panels? And vice versa.

Mr. Big and the Diva have different flirt parameters than other sims. They always get all the flirts available regardless of relationship, and their flirts are always accepted. So it's possible something's gone wrong with his flirt code, rather than his relationship flags.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 5:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
How do they appear in each other's relationship panels? Does Mr. Big have the family icon in his portrait in his kids' panels? And vice versa.

Mr. Big and the Diva have different flirt parameters than other sims. They always get all the flirts available regardless of relationship, and their flirts are always accepted. So it's possible something's gone wrong with his flirt code, rather than his relationship flags.

Icons are bilaterally there! This might be a little far-fetched but like, I'm afraid since this has spanned across neighborhoods that implies an objects.package thing. As I say, since it hasn't happened autonomously yet, I'm not so worried about it alone, just why it's happening is my gripe.
Mad Poster
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 6:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Did you try it with all the mods taken out?

I did, and it's still exactly the same. As I say, it's been over multiple neighborhoods (but one installation) so I'm kinda eyeballing my game files.