Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 9:02 AM
Default How to use expansion pack animations in your modding projects?
Hey, I am new here so if this thread is in the wrong place or anything, I apologize in advance.

I am relatively new to The Sims 3 modding, but I have learned how to do some basic script modding, more specifically how to create custom interactions (also thanks to the amazing tutorials here). I use Visual Studio 2015.

However, I have issues with using expansion pack animations. Base game animations work, as well as moodlets, effects etc. from various expansion packs. The only issue seems to be with animations from expansion packs (for example fairy animations from Supernatural, or skating animations from Seasons).

So for example, "Actor.PlaySoloAnimation("a_trait_hotHeaded");" works, but "Actor.PlaySoloAnimation("a_fairy_iCanFly_x");" doesn't.

Does anyone have a solution? Or an explanation to why it doesn't work?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Apr 2024 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by amypilz
Hey, I am new here so if this thread is in the wrong place or anything, I apologize in advance.

I am relatively new to The Sims 3 modding, but I have learned how to do some basic script modding, more specifically how to create custom interactions (also thanks to the amazing tutorials here). I use Visual Studio 2015.

However, I have issues with using expansion pack animations. Base game animations work, as well as moodlets, effects etc. from various expansion packs. The only issue seems to be with animations from expansion packs (for example fairy animations from Supernatural, or skating animations from Seasons).

So for example, "Actor.PlaySoloAnimation("a_trait_hotHeaded");" works, but "Actor.PlaySoloAnimation("a_fairy_iCanFly_x");" doesn't.

Does anyone have a solution? Or an explanation to why it doesn't work?

Try Actor.PlaySoloAnimation("a_fairy_iCanFly_x", ProductVersion.EP7);

It is my understanding that IID lookup always uses group 0x0 from user mods unless you specify something specific.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st May 2024 at 8:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by denton47
Try Actor.PlaySoloAnimation("a_fairy_iCanFly_x", ProductVersion.EP7);

It is my understanding that IID lookup always uses group 0x0 from user mods unless you specify something specific.

It worked thank you!!!