Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

XCAS core mod: more tattoo locations, edit naked outfit, slider hack, body hair, more - update 5/23/16 Steam version added.

by CmarNYC Posted 15th Feb 2011 at 5:58 PM - Updated 23rd May 2016 at 3:53 PM by CmarNYC : Steam support added

1691 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1273 Feedback Posts, 417 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 68
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#151 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 12:52 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 19th Jun 2011 at 1:19 PM.
My mod does conflict with Extended Game Core - they both modify the same UI.dll so it depends on which gets loaded first whether XCAS will work at all. At least one person has been able to use them together with a previous version but I think someone else reported problems. No idea what would happen with the latest version of each.

You shouldn't be using both MasterControllerExpandedTattoo and XCAS. They perform mostly the same functions and they definitely conflict.

As for the version message - please check that your base game version is 1.22 and that you've installed the latest version of XCAS and/or EGC and MasterController.

Depending on what you want to do, if you like EGC you could use that with MasterController and the TattooExtension. I don't know if EGC has added the ability to use body hair for women, if not I think that would be the only feature you'd lack and you'd have to wait for either Twallan or AD85 to add it.
Sockpuppet
THANKS POST
#152 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 2:13 PM
Thank you very much, I use your Master Controller plug-in !

With the face tattoos, can you add below the ears please ?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#153 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 3:06 PM
Sorry, I don't plan on adding more locations unless I see a general need for it, no offense. Each one takes a good amount of work and if I did them for every person who wants a particular location it would really add up. That's why I did the whole body and whole face locations - anyone who wants a custom tattoo in a particular spot can make it using those.
Sockpuppet
#154 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 3:49 PM
Ok, I understand you. You already did a good job .

In fact, I won't never use full face and full body tattoos, is there a tutorial which explain how to custom the location ?

I know modding a little maybe I could replace them for my own use
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#155 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 10:28 PM
There's an explanation here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...571#post3497571

But if all you want to do is move an existing location, you can skip the part about changing the daeFilename - just look for the first set of Lower Right and Upper Left coordinates in the CASP file and change them with a hex editor. You probably don't have to modify the xml either. You can get the CASPs for the full face and full body from the Locations package for this mod - use S3PE to extract them, modify them, replace them in the package, delete your cache files, and you should be good to go.

Oh man, you're giving me ideas about making a tool to allow people to customize the locations. Argggg.
Test Subject
#156 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 9:10 AM Last edited by heneksnape : 20th Jun 2011 at 9:45 AM.
Hi CMar,
i really like your mod, but there's on little thing I want to know: is it possible to do this "edit naked outfit" without a core mod? In fact, I don't want to use core mods in my game, but I really want to change the naked outfit of my sims And is it possible to change the hair for the naked outfit? I tried, but failed XD

Thanks!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#157 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 12:11 PM
Master Controller may let you edit the naked outfit - you can give it a try. There's no way I know of to change the naked hair.

You can also use XCAS temporarily - it doesn't affect the save games and there's no way I know of that it can damage your game, so you can remove it at any time. Just delete your cache files when you install and uninstall, just in case.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#158 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 1:12 AM
For some reason I still get the unofficial game mod incompatible blah blah when I start the game, but the game runs just fine. /shrugs/ Anyways, this is the best mod ever, thankyou! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#159 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 8:22 AM Last edited by jaberta.boo : 21st Jun 2011 at 11:35 PM.
How do you edit the naked outfits? My sim has the weird clothes thing going on & its annoying...help?!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#160 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 12:01 PM
Install XCAS with cmar_XCAS_TuningDresserNaked.package, and have the sim use the dresser to Plan Outfit. There will be an extra tab for Naked.
Test Subject
#161 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 11:30 PM Last edited by jaberta.boo : 21st Jun 2011 at 11:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Install XCAS with cmar_XCAS_TuningDresserNaked.package, and have the sim use the dresser to Plan Outfit. There will be an extra tab for Naked.

Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#162 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 4:51 AM
Ok so im in Plan Outfit but I only see the "Everyday, Formal, Sleepwear, Athletic, and Swimwear" ones...but i have all of the stuff downloaded & in the right folder. (Except the core mod, it's not the right version for mine i guess).
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#163 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 6:20 AM
Nothing's going to work without the core package. Check that your game is patched up to date and you're using the latest version of XCAS.
Test Subject
#164 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 1:58 PM
Is there some way to keep fat/muscle static as they was set in CAS, after leaving it? Because after i set sliders in CAS on expanded max (muscle for example) and leave it, soon they revert to pre-expanded max position..
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#165 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 7:47 PM
There's no way I know of. This is why the expanded range for fat/thin and muscle sliders is essentially useless for gameplay - they snap back as soon as the sim does something, like eat or exercise, that affects weight or fitness. I understand they're used mostly for scenes and pictures.
Test Subject
#166 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 7:57 PM
Sad a bit.. But anyway, thank you very much for clarification)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#167 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 10:47 PM
Well the core mod crashes my game (won't let it load) and i have the updated patch so I don't know what the problem is...can I have the older one please? If you still have it.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#168 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 12:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jaberta.boo
Well the core mod crashes my game (won't let it load) and i have the updated patch so I don't know what the problem is...can I have the older one please? If you still have it.

The previous version is in the downloads section, but if you're patched up to date and your game is crashing I doubt that's the problem. Are you using the 'new' location for mods, in your Documents folder? The most common cause of crashing on startup is having mods in the old Program Files location and not having your game set up properly for core mods. Please read the Troubleshooting section in this mod's Overview for details.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#169 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 9:47 PM
Oh never mind, i found the problem And my game wasn't crashing in start-up, it was crashing in CAS.
Test Subject
#170 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 5:32 AM
I love the tattoo locations, worth waiting the entire downtime to get.
Dislike that my sim still has no body hair to choose from even with the screen there. She looks like a kid

Have you made or are you making some hair for the women? Where can i get them? You mentioned something about putting it on the adult site but that seems to have disappeared since I last used it.
:S
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#171 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 1:21 PM
Yes, I made some female pubic hair and submitted it to the adult site, but who knows when that'll be available. Maybe if it's not soon I can upload somewhere else temporarily. Also I'm thinking of light arm and leg hair for females for people who like the natural look.
Test Subject
#172 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
My mod does conflict with Extended Game Core - they both modify the same UI.dll so it depends on which gets loaded first whether XCAS will work at all. At least one person has been able to use them together with a previous version but I think someone else reported problems. No idea what would happen with the latest version of each.

You shouldn't be using both MasterControllerExpandedTattoo and XCAS. They perform mostly the same functions and they definitely conflict.

As for the version message - please check that your base game version is 1.22 and that you've installed the latest version of XCAS and/or EGC and MasterController.

Depending on what you want to do, if you like EGC you could use that with MasterController and the TattooExtension. I don't know if EGC has added the ability to use body hair for women, if not I think that would be the only feature you'd lack and you'd have to wait for either Twallan or AD85 to add it.

hi, so if i want ECG, i only need :

nrass mastercontroller
nrass mastercontroller extended tattoo

i dont need to dl anything from here rite, just dl all from the mastercontroller link?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#173 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fearon
hi, so if i want ECG, i only need :

nrass mastercontroller
nrass mastercontroller extended tattoo

i dont need to dl anything from here rite, just dl all from the mastercontroller link?

That should be correct.
Test Subject
#174 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 5:22 AM
Ok, thanks for that. Some light hair would be lovely, unfortunately I just don't have the skills or I would make some myself.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#175 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 1:57 PM
Thanks so much. this is the mod i have been looking for. i am also glad its compatible with NRASS master controller. Thx so much
Page 7 of 68