Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th May 2019 at 1:33 AM
Default bug bite swelling idea
hi, I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, I tried to read the different forum stickies to make sure, I do apologize if I'm wrong.
Anyway, so I just got Outdoor and Jungle, and your Sims can get stung by bees n bugs, right?
And I thought it would be cool if there was a mod where Sims get a "swelling/swollen" uncomfortable moodlet where they temporarily get kinda fat for the duration of it-- either all at once, like the effects of the Large/Embiggen potions, or rapidly blow up until the moodlet goes away in a few hours or so.
Cartoon-style, you know? Perhaps even as an alternative to accidentally dying, since I know that's a risk.
And then once the moodlet's gone they revert back to their original fat value. (I suppose this wouldn't have much effect on Sims who are already big, though)

I don't know how to make mods, but I kinda get the basic theory of it? I'd assume you'd need to take some pre-existing moodlets/buffs, rename them, write some new text, but it's the actual coding process that I know next to nothing about. Where to even start, to get those effects to happen.
I should state that this is not a request or begging, I promise. I've been googling, can't really find anything already in existence like that, if someone else knows, I'd love to hear it.
By making this post I was just hoping that maybe someone more experienced might be able to point me in the right direction, tell me what I'd need to do so I could sometime try making it myself... of course if you read this, like the idea, and can make it as a mod yourself, that's up to you, I certainly won't stop you.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th May 2019 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kyarvik
I was just hoping that maybe someone more experienced might be able to point me in the right direction, tell me what I'd need to do so I could sometime try making it myself... of course if you read this, like the idea, and can make it as a mod yourself, that's up to you, I certainly won't stop you.

I'm not very experienced as a modder, I'm more of a CC creator... but have you tried Zerbu's Mod Constructor? I know you can rename buffs very easily there. Just a thought. Good luck, I don't have Outdoor/Jungle but this seems like an AWESOME idea!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th May 2019 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yourlocalstarbucksaddict
I'm not very experienced as a modder, I'm more of a CC creator... but have you tried Zerbu's Mod Constructor? I know you can rename buffs very easily there. Just a thought. Good luck, I don't have Outdoor/Jungle but this seems like an AWESOME idea!!

X) I have it actually. I downloaded it yesterday out of curiosity, but I have no idea how to use it, what to do with it.

Like I don't know where to begin. I found another moodlet picture that I think would work for it, the nausea moodlet 'cuz it looks like a face all swollen/puffy? but that's as far as I get. Like I'm... just clueless about it. If anyone has experience with Zerbu's, I'm listening.

also lol glad someone else thinks this is a neat idea, I figured people would be like 'lol no that's dumb go home'
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th May 2019 at 4:29 AM Last edited by Itsmysimmod : 9th May 2019 at 4:41 AM.
It is not a bad idea, you can change the skin color to give an apparience to fat sims too, why not? playing with those. I haven't made this yet but I have a liittle theory on how to but I need to taste it though. My suggestion is to start reading the XMLs of the game to learn how to mod the codes. It is better by reading them than using GUI interfaces. They are very limited on what you can do, so reading the XMLs is my suggestion. There are many tools that you can use out there, like XML extractor, sims4studio (the easiest one) and so on so forth.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th May 2019 at 5:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Itsmysimmod
It is not a bad idea, you can change the skin color to give an apparience to fat sims too, why not? playing with those. I haven't made this yet but I have a liittle theory on how to but I need to taste it though. My suggestion is to start reading the XMLs of the game to learn how to mod the codes. It is better by reading them than using GUI interfaces. They are very limited on what you can do, so reading the XMLs is my suggestion. There are many tools that you can use out there, like XML extractor, sims4studio (the easiest one) and so on so forth.

... I guess I need to go figure out what an XML is and how to read it X) sims4studio's the easiest huh? thanks for the tip, I appreciate it.
so I was thinking, and any pro modders reading this, if I'm on the right track here lemme know:

when a sim gets stung from jungle/camping insects or hive bees, I'd be modifying that particular moodlet's text (something along the lines of "Stung! (YourSim) is blowing up quick!"), and then the effects of said moodlet going on behind the scenes.
If I could figure out how to make it a progression thing, where say, every hour the moodlet's active, the sim gains a (temporary) 10-20 points of fat, up to a max of 100, and then when the moodlet goes away, subtract any fat added. If that's not possible, a simple +60-80 temporary fat instead, but I'd try for the progression thing first. In addition, if it's possible, I think it'd be cool to thicken the Sim's various applicable body parts as well, but that's not a priority.

it sounds simple to do, and shoot if I can figure out how to do it, I have some other similar ideas I wouldn't mind making. It's just... coding is intimidating when you have no idea what any of the values or terms mean.