Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2019 at 6:40 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Can you make a collection file outside the game?
Hello, I just started playing sims 3 again after a 3 year hiatus. I don't think I ever downloaded CC for it but now I am. I'm downloading custom content that does not come with collection files. I already went through and made collections in my game from what I have downloaded already. But I don't feel like keep going through the buy catalog to add anything new I download. Can I make collection files outside the game and add them to the collections folder? How do the creators do it, the ones that include collection files? Are they doing this in game, or do they have a special program? I'm willing to download a mod for this, and I usually don't download mods but I'm desperate lol I'm spending alot of time in the buy/decor catalog section and I'm not done downloading yet. Trying to do a medieval theme. thank you!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 9th May 2019 at 2:18 PM
From what I could find, people use this - http://modthesims.info/d/461888/cc-...pernatural.html
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 9th May 2019 at 3:06 PM
I use CCMagic. I don't know of any other way.
You might want to check out this tutorial:
https://nonasims.wordpress.com/?s=CC+Magic
Scholar
#4 Old 17th May 2019 at 4:33 PM
Is there a way to make a collection file without CC Magic or loading the game? CC Magic crashes my game down to desktop before it can reach the select a file screen.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 19th May 2019 at 4:53 PM
Not that I know of. Why would CCMagic crash your game? It doesn't need to be open while playing. In essence, it's just a automatic package extractor/merger with a few perks.
Instructor
#6 Old 19th May 2019 at 8:03 PM
Are you patched to 1.69? If I remember correctly it can’t be used to launch the game on 1.69, you can use it to merge and organize your stuff but then close it and use the launcher. It bypasses the launcher as I recall which I don’t think you can do on patch 1.69.
Scholar
#7 Old 20th May 2019 at 12:18 AM
I'm patched to whatever the steam edition is patched to, 1.67? I'm about to start my own help thread because I can't figure out what is causing these crashes! I've done the half and half, but even with no cc, just scripting mods it's crashing. I haven't touched my script mods in *ages*!
Site Helper
#8 Old 20th May 2019 at 1:00 AM
That doesn't mean that your script mods (or one of them, anyway) are not causing the issue... Files do get corrupted.

I would check to see if taking them out helps anything. if you're lucky, the crashing will stop once you get a completely vanilla game and all you need to do is track down a bad script mod.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook