Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2019 at 12:44 AM Last edited by QuackGames : 11th May 2019 at 5:54 PM.
Default Creating hotkeys / keyboard shortcuts
Hi guys,

I've made a few mods for The Sims 3 and I'm now experimenting with The Sims 4 modding. I have some fairly good experience with Python so it has been a smooth transition for me. I've been studying the Python API back to back for some time now, and messed around with some concepts that actually turned out very well. Though, there's one thing that I can't seem to find anywhere on the code or in any of the game's packages. And that is keyboard shortcuts. The Sims 3 used a trigger-based system that was very straightforward. A system of which I took advantage of to create my Third Person Mod which worked nicely. The Sims 4, however, seems to use a different or modified version of that, since I can't find any reference of triggers in the UI.package file. Also couldn't find any behaviour of that nature on the Python code.

So yeah, does anyone have a lead on where the hotkeys of this game are located and how I can create or modify them?