Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2019 at 2:53 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default High Rise Problems
I get nothing but problems when I use High rise lots.

I discovered one family who have apparently been stuck in the ground floor lobby since they moved in. I was getting continuous Error Trap notifications about them so I decided to investigate. And there they were, all tapping their feet, as if waiting for somebody to move out of the way. The elevator appeared to be working, one of the family children was going up and down with no problem, but the rest were just standing there. Every now and again one of them would would yawn, think about bed, and then just continue standing. The others would occasionally go to one of the NPC doors and throw a route fail tantrum. And one of them would vanish after a few moments and I'd get another Error Trap message.

In the end I had enough, went into Edit Town and moved them to another building where hopefully things will work out for them. But I really would like to know what is going on with the first building and how I can fix it. Can anybody help?

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th May 2019 at 1:30 PM Last edited by Elynda : 10th May 2019 at 11:35 PM.
No, they are not my active family. I used MC to open the building so that I could monitor them without disturbing my main family.. The building in question is Terpsichore Studios, straight out of the Library. It's not been edited or messed about with at all. And the family moved into it autonomously whilst I was using Nraas SP, I didn't place them there. And they had been living there for some time before these notifications began.

When I had moved them to another building, and checked back on them later, I did discover one problem with the family. The child came home from school invisible. I put her into CAS and that made her visible, but she was now a teen. But back in the game it looked like she hadn't aged up properly because she kept shrinking down to something that looked like a gnome and then going back to normal. Resetting her fixed that. I think it may be that it isn't the building that's at fault but the family.

But, regarding NPC doors, I have had problems with them in other buildings: NPCs apparently trapped inside the building and giving me constant Unroutable Sim notifications, or NPCs trying to go through them and route failing.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th May 2019 at 2:27 AM
I was curious to know if there were any problems with Terpsichore Studio as used in Bridgeport, so I loaded it up and had a look. But I see that the internal layout of that version is completely different from the one in the Library. The ground floor lobby is much simpler in layout, the elevator positioned differently, and there are no NPC doors on that level. The resident sims don't seem to have any problems getting in or out.
I am going to try a new family in my version and, if I don't get any problems, I'll know it was the first family that was glitched. If I do have the same problems I've a mind to pinch the version from Bridgeport as a replacement.

Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th May 2019 at 3:43 AM
So far that's not been happening with Terpsichore Studio (the one I've been using) but I've often had it happen with high rise lots: NPC sims get stuck checks, are reset and finish up trapped behind NPC doors. I've also seen NPCs tying to go through them but route failing. But so far, in this particular lot, it has been the resident family trying to use them, instead of using the elevator to go up to their nice spacious apartment. I am definitely going to change that building for the Bridgeport version. And if I have any problems with other buildings, I shall try doing the things you suggest.

I think, by the way, you've also just provided me with the solution to problems I was having with an apartment lot of my own, which I couldn't get to work as it should. So thanks for that. And thanks too for looking into this for me Nitromon, it's a very vexing problem and, right now, my patience with this game is in rather short supply.

Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th May 2019 at 11:31 AM
Looks like I'm going to have to do that in any case: the Bridgeport version is on a 40X40 lot, but I only have space for a 40X30. Oh well, it seems likely that it is the family that was the problem anyway.