Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th May 2019 at 8:01 AM Last edited by miska : 14th May 2019 at 9:33 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SOLVED: Male Sim tried to 'Make Out' with Sister? :(
Hello . . .

This is very strange, and I have NEVER (to my recollection) ever seen this happen before.

Background: Some time ago, I decided to play the Newson family; the Default Family with all the Orphans and the two eldest (Teen) children (Gavin and Ginger) supporting the younger children in the family. Anywho, I had Gavin goto University and after graduation, he took the rest of his siblings into his home and raised them. The siblings grew and themselves went to University. Fast forward, Gavin is married with two children and Ginger is married with one child; the rest of the siblings are still at University.

I decided to check in on Ginger and her family earlier tonight and thought it would be nice for them to have a 'Family Reunion' since their (child age) daughter is on 'Summer Break' and thought it would be nice to give her a chance to get to know her Relatives.

At some point during the Reunion, I heard Ginger angrily chastise her brother Gavin and glanced over in time to see her push him away. I wasn't sure what was going on, then I saw it . . . above their heads was the 'make-out symbol' with an 'X' through it. After Ginger's 'Rejection' Gavin was 'Swooning' with a Thought Bubble of Ginger that had 'hearts' around it. Very Confused by this, I quickly checked Ginger's Family Tree, and YES Gavin is STILL her brother. I thought perhaps some 'anomaly' caused them to no longer be 'related', so I then shut down the game and opened SimPe, to check their Memories. Ginger had no Memory of the event, but Gavin DID!

I then checked the Relationships for each and they are BOTH still considered Siblings - as they should be.

To my knowledge, I have no mods/hacks that deal with Relationships other than Pescado's Romance Mod, which according to Pescado, affects only the following:

"1. Jealousy now depends on asp/personality.
2. Sims no longer throw random hissyfits on watching random people they don't know doing things with other random people.
3. Sims may reject romance actions if they are already attached to someone else, providing protection against NPCs with hostile flirt behaviors.
4. Some buggy Maxian interactions fixed.
5. Zombies not so sexy."

Therefore, I am Completely Confused as to 'why' Gavin tried 'making out' with Ginger; his Sister.

Any insights on this 'issue' would be greatly appreciated; until I understand what's going on, No More Newson Family Reunions! hahaha

~Miska

UPDATE: After going back into the game and loading Gavin's house, I figured out the Issue. At some point (it's been quite some time since I played any of the Newson Family), I must have done some 'tweaking' of Relationships and 'ticked Engaged' with the Blender for Gavin's Relationship with his Sister Ginger, because I also noticed that according to Gavin's Relationship Panel, he was also ENGAGED to Ginger. So essentially, while Gavin is already Married with children and Ginger is already Married with a child AND they ARE SIBLINGS my 'miss-tick' in Blender also made them Engaged. NO WONDER Gavin was feeling Amorous towards Ginger!

MORAL OF THE STORY: BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THE BLENDER!

"If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague."