Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 12:58 AM
Can i have your hose or put it on the sis 3 web plz
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 10:45 PM
This sounds very interesting I might try it!
I'll start today and maybe post some pictures later
but this thread kinda seems .... quiet so I might not.
Field Researcher
#53 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by That20issmokin
So far, very fun. Questions: When does this challenge end? And by the description I'm assuming we should also buy the kid stove and art table. I'll wait until I get the okay before buying them.

Let me introduce my sisters:

Here's Rei, my fire sim.

Ami, my air sim.

Makoto, my earth sim.

And Michiru, my water sim.

And here are their humble abodes.

Rei has had her first child with Hank Goddard and everyone is about halfway through their primary skills and two-three into their secondary skills(with the exception of Makoto, who has slightly higher cooking and no secondary skills).

I'd like to know when the challenge ends and what mods are allowed. Right now, I am running on no mods other than the don't put away fire pit mod.

BTW, if you figure out the names, you win 100 internets.

you named yours after sailor moon characters!!! =D
Test Subject
#54 Old 28th Mar 2010 at 4:43 AM
Thanks for an awesome challenge! The only problem that I have with it is that 30x20 is seriously too small for me to play on. I get claustrophobic. >_>; So I've picked a 30x30-lot instead. But I'm really excited to get started with it.

I have couple of questions though.
1. Isn't the water-sister allowed to develop the Handy-skill too? If she's responsible for repairing everything that breaks, I'd say it inevitable that she'll max that skill after a while...
2. Are they only allowed to have two children in the house at the same time? With the 2 cribs, 2 toilets and 2 beds and all that.
3. How are they supposed to learn art at the child-life stage? By practicing on easels by themselves? I'm not sure, I never teach my kids anything.

I hope this thread won't die completely.
Test Subject
#55 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 3:16 AM
I love this challenge! I'ma get started on it soon, but I have a question, is water the ONLY one allowed to cook? What if I'm trying to get the fire sister to be.. friends.. with someone, and I check back in with the other sisters and they are cooking their own meals? D; I have a fear that will happen. Or do I have to keep a close eye on them to make sure water only cooks the meals? Or how about when water is sleeping and fire is hungry, do I have to wake her up to cook her meal?
Test Subject
#56 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 8:49 AM
This challenge looked interesting, although I've never really began a challenge. I've built my house and created my sims. I'm working towards the things that need to be accomplished. Earth: gardening, fishing, working out and trying to complete her goals so that she can grow a life tree and catch a death fish. Water: working on her cooking skills as well as cleaning the houses like a mad-woman and repair things that need fixing. Air: studiously working on her skills. Fire: painting, working on her charisma and frequenting the local community places in orders to meet men... she is indeed on the prowl...

The house I made is on a 30x30 lot. I couldn't find an empty lot with the correct dimensions. I was worried the smaller lots (much smaller) wouldn't have fit anything. I'm feeling a little guilty now, looking at my lot and realizing I could have done well with a much smaller lot. I'm just not great at building houses so it's a bit scary... lol.

Also, being super uncreative and slightly tired, I gave the the most simple names. Yes, the Element family/household is made up of Earth, Air, Fire, and Water.

Earth

Air

Fire

Water

I realize they all look pretty similar. They are sisters, after all, but I tried to make them each look slightly different from each other. Different lips, eyes, etc.
Test Subject
#57 Old 3rd Apr 2010 at 1:00 PM
Alright, I'm done with my sisters and their house now. Obviously I have already broken the rules with my 30x30-lot, but I thought I'd post some pictures anyway. ^^

Behold, the Immortelle-quadruplets! (The only reason they're quadruplets is because I was too lazy to create new faces for each sister. v_v) Their lips came out huge for some reason, dunno why. o.O' Anyway, I named them after flowers. Their last-name is a flower as well, I think.

This is Jasmin, my fire-sister.

Jasmin's crib! This is the third time I'm building their home, because the game kept crashing. So you can probably tell there wasn't much effort put into this the third time around XD;

Rose, the water-sister.

Rose's house. This drove me crazy having to rebuild it. >_>;

Hazel, the earth-sister.

She lives here. ^^ I'm probably gonna extend it when her garden grows larger.

And Ivy, the air-sister.

Ivy's house and Jasmin's head. o.O? This came out looking like a classroom..
Test Subject
#58 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 9:20 AM
This is such an interesting and fun challenge! I just started it but I have a question that I'm pretty sure I know the answer to. Sorry if this was already posted or if it's a common fact in challenges (this is my first one), but the autonomy level is turned off right?
Test Subject
#59 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 3:07 AM
Wait, so is the Earth one supposed to sleep outside? I made her a mini house. ._.
Test Subject
#60 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 11:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RustyEraser
Wait, so is the Earth one supposed to sleep outside? I made her a mini house. ._.

I don't think she's supposed to, it's just that she doesn't mind sleeping outside. I made her a house at first too, but after my game crashed several times I got sick of building and placed the bed in the garden. XD; She seems happy tho.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 12:16 AM
Baby 1
This is my second try at this challenge and so far so good:

This is Rain, my water sister, and her house.

This is Windy, my air sister, and her house.

This is Petunia, my earth sister, and her house.

This is Flame, my fire sister, and her house.

And this is her first baby,(the father is Jebidiah Wilson in Riverview)

Street view of house:
Test Subject
#62 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 7:44 PM
So, I started over shortly after creating everything because I realized a little after playing that I'd forgotten to switch the aging from long to normal. Which was fine because I felt uncomfortable with the huge lot. SO, I started over in Riverview (?) on the proper size lot and set the aging correctly. The sisters worked on their skills and Fire went out and socialized, meeting as many guys as she could.

The new lot:

Earth's section

Air's section

Water's section (forgot to add in the doll house before taking the pic)

Fire's section (added guitar after)

Now, for the game play.

Earth working on her garden

Fire's first "victim"

Shortly after hooking up with Jon, Fire finds herself pregnant

After a restful pregnancy, baby Blaze Element is born!

Earth has already grown a tree of life and they've all eaten ambrosia. Air has worked on several skills, mastering logic. Water can cook everything now.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 3:43 AM
Default Update
Sorry I haven't updated in awhile, my internet was down .
In the meantime Flame became pregnant again (Jebediah again):

Flame having birth:

Here's baby Bella:

BRAVE PETUNIA TO THE RESCUE!!:

Flame is preggo for the third time:

Allie is FINALLY! a toddler and knows how to walk:

Here Flame is having her third baby:

And then I had to go to dinner!
Update soon,
yorkielove1
Test Subject
#64 Old 23rd May 2010 at 9:44 PM
i want to try this!!
Test Subject
#65 Old 23rd May 2010 at 10:06 PM
This challenge looks so good, ive never bothered with the whole ambrosia thing, as the graveyard gives me the heebie jeebies but i will battle on through this time :D

hempgirl i especially loved your house and layout, in particular air's little gazebo/room thing, i had to read the whole thread and see everyones houses, and now im so excited, the designing and colour scheming for the sims and the house looks like so much fun :D:D
Test Subject
#66 Old 24th May 2010 at 8:39 AM
I've never posted on here before but I wanted to try this challenge and its been fun so far, though not much has happened yet! I've created my sisters, the Infini family:

(I think you can guess which corresponds to which element)

This is one shot of their lot, with Earth in the top left, Air in the top right, Water in the bottom left, and Fire in the bottom right.

I'm playing in Riverview and my lot is actually 30x30. I also took a teeny bit of license with the requirements of the lot (3 tubs instead of 4 and a bit of furniture changing in Mystral's house.) Safara is having a lot of trouble finding a man to be her first victim, but she just ran into Don Lothario in town so I suspect it won't be long before I'm hearing tinkling bells. The only issue I'm having with this challenge at the present (and keeping in mind that I have no babies yet!) is that Mystral (Air) doesn't really have anything to do except read. I think it would be nice if she could write books as well. Oh yah, and I wish they could all reproduce, it would be nice to have a bunch of colorful kids running around town!

Anyways, fun challenge so far!
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 27th May 2010 at 8:09 PM
I'm starting this challenge, but with my own kind of leeways - Air has a laptop in her inventory, so she can write, but the other cannot, stuff like that. It's definitely a good starter seed to play with!

One thing, though. Does anyone know how to make it so the bookshelves contain certain books? Other than manually loading them?
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 28th May 2010 at 8:40 PM
This challenge seems really hard! I don't know if I'll have the patience to do it, but I went ahead and made 4 sims anyway, haha.

Vesta

Saphris

Mercuria

Terra
Test Subject
#69 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 6:03 AM Last edited by VampireRalts : 18th Jun 2010 at 2:28 AM.
Default I made my own version
I took the rules of this challenge and hammered out hours of rules to include the new Ambitions skills and traits. For example, the Air Sister has the Eccentric trait and can teach Inventing(the Prima Official Guide listed Children as being able to learn Inventing but since the Scrapomatic looks like the old OfB benches, I think they made an error and teens are the youngest Sims that can learn this) and I moved the painting skill duty to the Earth Sister as well as having her supervise teens in sculpting.

I'll be glad to send you the rules I made for this challenge for Ambitions and feel free to use anything I created for that expansion here. Credit me if you want it.

EDIT: Thanks, Yorkielove! I'll try that in my own little challenge I'm working out the details on, a ghosthunter legacy challenge.

"Seriously... what the he**? I'm not going to dig graves for all of you. Okay, now what will I do with all of these corpses? Oh, there's a fire and I've fallen into a hole. Not my problem anymore!" (From MaskedHuzzah's Dragon Warrior III Let's Play)
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VampireRalts
(the Prima Official Guide listed Children as being able to learn Inventing but since the Scrapomatic looks like the old OfB benches, I think they made an error and teens are the youngest Sims that can learn this)

The Prima Guide was right.... Kids can use the inventing bench.... I just tested it.
Test Subject
#71 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 10:03 PM
I thought the idea was cool, so I started working ~

This is the lot

This is Mizu (Water)'s house

This is Hi (Fire)'s house

This is Chikyuu (Earth)'s place [before planting anything in the garden]

And this is Kaze (Wind/Air)'s place.

This is Kaze

This is Chikyuu

This is Mizu

And this is Hi
Test Subject
#72 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 3:19 AM
Wow. I haven't been on this site in a long time and I'm already falling back in love with it. I am totally going to try this!
masterforger: your sims are amazing; especially vesta! :D
Test Subject
#73 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 4:56 AM Last edited by Marvelous Maddie97 : 22nd Jun 2010 at 1:24 AM.
Thx 4 sharing the Idea!!! Can I have permission to:

1. Write a story about this and post it @ wordpress?

2. Edit these rules slightly?

3. Post them in my story if i give you credit?

Edit

Hey don't want to rush you but I really want to start my story and I need you 2 let me know by the 25th plz. =)
Test Subject
#74 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 6:02 AM
Hello, all. I started this challenge a few weeks back, but hadn't posted anything yet. My favorite part is making sims, actually. Haha, so I'd love to post their pictures for you guys. These are my sisters.

This is Fiona, the Fire sister.

Ava, the Air Sister.

Eden, the Earth Sister.

And Winnie, the Water sister.

She looks really possessed! No matter what I did. Heh, I'll learn to like it or something.

I think my favorite might be Fiona, just in terms of facial prettiness.

Their house was inspired by an earlier poster on this board. I thought it was very creative, and my house isn't nearly as good.

Their last name is Ceithre, which is Irish for Four. And it looks cool. =)

I stayed within the rules for the most part, but I switched out Fiona's friendly with hot-headed. It was more fitting to me, and makes it a little harder.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 3:51 PM
What a fun challenge! At first I was rather daunted by the long list of rules, but once I saw the structure, decided to give it a try. And I'm really enjoying seeing everyone else's pictures.

The Kalthyria sisters on move-in day in Riverview:

Urania (Air):

Tethys (Water):

Demetra (Earth):

Apollonia (Fire):

Some others have indicated smart ways to approach this challenge, but I'm impatient and just dove right in. So my sisters are still working on their skills, and we haven't quite achieved Ambrosia yet. First offspring Adonis has been produced with Raymond Woodard, but he's still a baby so don't know much about him yet.
Page 3 of 9